Reminiscent

The Dunkler Fluch

 

 

“Wake up Sleepy Head!”

“Ow! Why would you do that!”

Yesung grunting over the younger for hitting him. He groggily climbing down the bed and walk towards the bathroom.

After finish clean up, he saw a set of clothes that Kibum had prepared for him. A smell of something cooked intriguing his stomach.

“You can cook?”

Kibum turn around and found the older leaning at the kitchen counter.

“Yeah. Not much but at least I learn enough to survive.” Kibum said,finishing up by serving the last dishes.

Both eating in silent, having not much to say for now.

“Hey” Said Kibum.

The older only hummed while still focusing on his meal.

“I was wondering… how you survive by yourself after… that night.”

Yesung almost cough out the food he’s been munching on. Earning a light chuckle from Kibum, he shyly sooth his throat with a drink.

“That’s too sudden. Why do you wanna know?”

“Well, I heard that until your kin turn thirty, you guys won’t be able to survive much without your family. Is it true?” said Kibum.

A silent sighing escaped Yesung’s mouth.

“Not really. It’s not that we can’t survive. It just that if we not learning how to use our power and to hide our scent, we won’t survive once we hit thirty. It was because that was the age when we turn immortal and threaten by other species.”

“So… how did you survive this long? I mean yeah you’re an immortal but how did you escaped from predator?” Kibum face the older, looking more curious about the older past.

“I didn’t. I got caught. With no sense of survival and not knowing a thing about my own power, I was caught by the blood er. Fifteen years I roamed around to search anything about my kin but everything was wipe out by the fire. I learn nothing about how to summon my sword. I can’t spread my wing like normal wesens do. And to be more worst, once I hit thirty, I still didn’t know how to hid my scent and end up being a bloodbag for years by a group of vampire. It was crucial moment or me. But hey, at least I got my happy ending!” said Yesung in mockery tone.

“And what is that?” said Kibum carefully.

“My knight in shining armor save me. Youngwoon found me. He save me from the vampire's dungeon and took me away from those thirsty bastard. Only after then i realize… that I’ve been under the vampire grasp for fifty years…”

There’s no more question coming from the younger. The older went on tear, remembered by the demon act of kindness to pull him out from his hellhole. He felt a hand trying their hard to wipe his tears off, warm but chilly at the same time.

“Your hand cold…” said Yesung, laughing timidly.

“Well, I’m still a vampire. Finish up. I’ll try to search for a great spot to have the meeting with Leeteuk hyung"

Yesung nod. Trying his hard to eat between the sniffles.

“Does it hurt? I mean the bite and everything?” said Kibum, eyes hang low, feeling guilty for the older bad mistreatment.

“Yes. And will always been. That’s the cursed.” 

“You know… what if I can find a way to reverse the curse?”

Yesung was taken aback by the younger. He throw the confused look to Kibum who only sigh.

“I mean, do you want to be immortal forever? Even after all your friends not ‘here’ anymore?”

The thought never came across his mind before. The younger was right. He became too attached to the people in the town. Not once he had the thought of leaving everything behind.

“You didn’t think about it before, huh… well, if you had enough living in this world, I’ll do anything to reverse the curse for you.” said Kibum, with all his sincerity.

**************************************

“So what now. We lost him. And the witch still no where to be found ” said Jiyong annoyed.

Taemin felt relief. His secret were still safe. The idea of exposing himself to the group of savages was absurd. Without the rebels know, he had doing the thing that he done to the west council leader secretly.

‘Heck if I want to help them by tearing down that scary council… that’s will only dig my own grave’ thought Taemin.

“I’ll try to find him sooner. He won’t get too far by himself.” said Taemin.

“Well you have too. I saw how great the witch flame work on those captured fools. Thanks to that guard, he sent us a copy of security camera footages, but now he was no where to heard from. I think he got busted so might as well kill his family.” said Seunghyun.

“Well, you guys can go now. Send few people for hunting.” said Jiyong.

The members begin leaving the room. As Taemin was about to walk away, jiyong saw his wallet had left behind. Upon curiosity, he open up and were left stunned by a picture.

“Sorry!” shouts Taemin, snatching away his wallet.

“Wow, no need to be so work up. Is that you and your brother?” said Jiyong.

Taemin nod and walk away, feeling uneasy after the vampire saw his pictures that he had taken with Kibum.

Once he was left alone, JIyong walk around his table and open up his laptop.

‘Interesting. Both siblings acting weirdly… fascinating.’

He begin his search about Taemin, suspicious arose after realizing how lack of information about the younger.

‘No data huh… even his birth place.’

Jiyong lean on his chair, taking his hand to the back of his head. Analyzing everything that could let him connect to whatever he’s in now. Then the thought of their target strike his curiosity.

“Dunkler Fluch… what are you..”

**************************************

“Jongwoon!”

Yesung saw what’s coming next. He want to run away but his feet had become too numb from the shivering. In any minutes, he will get what he deserve. With no where to run, he embrace himself from the attacker.

‘Crack’

Everyone on the scene gasped from the painful sound.

“Yah! Kangin! You broke his bone!” shouts Leeteuk from afar, not daring himself to come near the fumed demon.

Upon realizing there’s no respond from the smaller, Kangin let go of the bear hug and gasped himself once he found Yesung had black out from the tight grip. And possibly with few broken bones.

“He'll heal.” said him casually but his act doing the opposite from his talk. He carrying the limped Yesung to a couch and lay him carefully, not wanting to broke even more bone after his crushing hug.

“Now we talk.” say Kangin, eyes darkened while glaring at one particular witch, cracking his fingers slowly.

Kibum turns pale from the sudden fist clenching demon.

“No! You don’t understand!” shouts Kibum, frighten by the demon darken features.

“Oh, I do” smiles Kangin wickedly.

***************************************

After settling down with Kangin and Kibum dispute, they gather around in Siwon’s living room. The taller had been nice enough to lend them his house (Mansion) that had shocks almost all of them except the trio brats and Leeteuk that known each other since they were small.

“So let’s get into this, shall we? Kibum, tell us everything you know.” said Leeteuk.

Kibum sighing, knowing he had to tell the truth about his old plan that he been doing to Yesung. After finish with the truth, he had receive few more beating by Kangin.

He’s angry. No. He was almost turn into the demon he is once he heard about Kibum stupid plan. But knowing how the younger had his own reason, he settle down with few punch just to remind the younger about his wrath.

“So now what. Can you take back the curse that you put on him?” said Kyuhyun curiously.

“Yeah, already done that. But I still had my blood in him so I’ll release him later.” said Kibum, averting the confused look in the others face.

“Why not now?” Ryeowook ask, feeling suspicious by the witch avoiding their look.

“I don’t know how..” muttered Kibum softly that goes unheard by the other.

“Louder!” Kangin snapped. Startling the witch right away.

“I don’t know how okay! I never taking back what I had placed before!” Kibum yell in annoyed, feeling frustrated from the demon threat.

The demon only rubbing his face harshly. He look at the witch with uncertainty.

“You won’t hurt him after all you had said to us, will you?” there’s a hint of accusing in Kangin’s tone but Kibum know that the demon only worried for his dear friend.

“No I won’t. I’ll never do that.” the look in Kibum face gives off the trust that Kangin had been searching from the moment Kibum had set foot in the house, knowing Yesung was all fine with no scratch.

“Just so you know, if you ever do something to him, I’ll-- Argh!!”

Kangin screams startles everyone. Yesung had woken up and hit him from being over protective.

“Stop that. You’re not my dad. He can be trusted so stop doing ‘daddy-son-’ issues now.” said Yesung.

“Besides, that’s for my broken back bone…”

Kangin only chuckles from the smaller whines.

“Now, for this, you can’t get mad at me. No matter what, I never been in his plan at all ” said Kibum, earning a curious look by the members.

“The guy who attacking Leeteuk hyung’s house together with two other rebellions members were my brother. I know, why would he join them? That’s because I refuse to let him catch Yesung by his own. So if my guess was right, he told some lies about Yesung or something and had them help him to catch Yesung that day.”

“So where is he now? Does he know you’re with Yesung hyung?” said Hyukjae.

“I don’t think so. But I think he could take his guess by now. I’ve never come home since the day I save Yesung. That’s why I need you guys help. To not hurt him if you guys catch him. Let me deal with him first. Please.” 

Kibum’s plead took Leeteuk into hesitant. Knowing the guy had burn his cousin wings and joined the rebels was bad enough to throw the guilty into a prison, but the plead had him think twice of his decision.

“Hyung… please… this is my fault too. That Taemin guy is innocent kid who blinded by revenge.” Yesung had join the plead, feeling guilty for the siblings.

“Yesung ah, he had done enough to throw him to the main council… You don’t understand him enough to back him up.” said Leeteuk.

“I do! I understand enough to say what I say! I, too was blinded by revenge! I killed their mother as a revenge for my family’s death! They don’t deserve what I’ve been through all this years! Please… let him go… if you need to punish someone, punish me. I’m a murderer. I killed more than thousands and it was enough to throw me into hell…” the smaller had fall on his knees, sobbing as he plead to the leader for stranger’s life who he know was a dear to someone’s.

Feeling sympathy for him, Kangin pull him into his hug, patting the man softly.

“It’s not your fault…” whisper kangin softly. He known how the older had been feeling guilty for the war he had done hundreds years ago. The older had been haunted to his dream since then.

Watching how broken Yesung had become, Leeteuk’s heart slowly melt for the smaller. He nod slowly as he turn to Kibum.

“Fine, we’ll let him go but with one condition.”

Kibum nod frantically, feeling grateful for Yesung’s kindness and considered Leeteuk.

“He will do charity works and apologize to Suho after this. That poor guy still can’t move on from his lost.” said Leeteuk.

“Yes! I’ll make him do it right away once we found him!” said Kibum with sparkling eyes that throws everyone from clenching their eyes shout from the brightness.

“Thansk Yesung!” Kibum hug the smaller who already calmed down. Feeling thankful for the smaller help.

“So now, let’s plan our mission right away. Kibum, I want you to try get in touch with your brother.” said Leeteuk sternly.