i wanna hold your hand, and go to the other side of the earth

i wanna hold your hand, and go to the other side of the earth

“Sunbae, please, I just don’t want to lose her…”



“Ah, Suran-ssi, I’m telling you, just communicate with her and then you’ll see whether the two of you are on the same page.” 

 

“Okay, if you say so… Thank you so much, sunbae! I’ll do my best!”

 

Namjoon watched as she bowed to him before rushing off, a small smile on her face and eyes filled with reluctant hope that maybe her relationship wasn’t doomed after all.

 

He sighed as he turned away and walked back to his table with Hoseok and Taehyung who were both looking at him in visible disappointment. 

 

Sighing again, he said, before they could utter a word, “I know, I know, I’m too nice. But what was I supposed to do? Just tell her no? She was clearly terrified of losing her.”

 

Hoseok sighed as well before shaking his head, “Joon-ah, it’s not your responsibility to fix other people’s relationships for them… did you even know her?”

 

Taehyung interjected before Joon could even try to respond, “Hyung, I’ve seen complete strangers come up to you and ask for advice before just walking away, some not even bothering to say thanks for your quality advice… why do you keep doing this to yourself?”

 

Namjoon rubbed his face before dejectedly falling face forward onto their lunch table, “I know… I don’t know how people found out about my supposed skill at giving relationship advice, but I also don’t know how to make it stop…”

 

Hoseok rolled his eyes even as he rubbed Namjoon’s neck in an attempt to comfort him, “You need to practice saying no. Plus, you just give them common sense advice… People are so dumb and they keep troubling you for no reason.”

 

Taehyung nodded as he eyed his hyung in concern, “Hyung, please, just say no.”

 

Hoseok chuckled, “If anyone listened in, they’d think we were telling you to stay away from drugs or something, hm?”

 

Joon cracked a smile then sat up, “I’ll try, okay? Don’t worry about me. Now, let’s go. Hobi and I have class in a few minutes, and I know Tae said he had wanted to meet up with a professor during their office hours.”

 

The three of them nodded and got up, cleaning up their trash as they casually talked about their plans for the day. 

 

If Hobi’s and Tae’s eyes lingered on Joon in concern before they all parted, well… Namjoon doesn’t know just how much his friends worry for his well-being, and he’d be devastated if he knew. 

 

***

 

It all started with Jimin, Namjoon supposes. 

 

“Hyung, he’s so beautiful and so popular and… he won’t ever notice me!”

 

“Well, Jiminie, you’re beautiful and well-loved on this campus too… Even I’ve noticed the way his eyes trail after you sometimes. He’s noticed you and notices you. All you have to do is talk to him.”

 

“That’s easier said than done, hyung!”

 

“That’s how most things are. It’s easy for people to tell you what to do, to sound wise just saying things. It’s real when you actuallydo what you preach… and Jiminie, you’re one of the bravest, most hard-working people I know. I know you can talk to him and confess, it’s on the tip of your tongue. Quit holding yourself back and just do it. I know you can, because you’re our brave Park Jimin, and there’s nothing you can’t do.”

 

“… Okay, hyung… thank you. I love you so much.”

 

Of course Jimin finally confessed to Jin-hyung about his two-year long crush, and Namjoon cheered for him on the sidelines, incredibly happy for his dongsaeng getting his happily ever after.

 

And when Jimin came to him crying one night, Joon didn’t hesitate to give him some bystander advice, just wanting his dongsaeng to smile again.

 

“Hyung, I-I think Jin-hyung is going to leave me!”

 

“Whoa, Jimin, calm down and tell hyung what’s wrong. Just breathe, okay? It’ll be okay.”

 

“I just, I just…. He-he said he wants to t-talk when I get home from dance practice!”

 

“Okay… Jiminie, that doesn’t mean he wants to break up with you. He could just want to talk and told you ahead of time to make sure you were prepared for a serious conversation.”

 

“But he sent a text! With no emojis! He also didn’t send me any uncle jokes today! He even used correct punctuation when he said we need to talk!”

 

“Jiminie, maybe, just maybe, you’re jumping ahead of yourself? That doesn’t mean he wants to break up. Jin-hyung has never been as happy as since he’s been with you. You’ve been dating for almost ten months now, and you’re already acting like an old married couple… I just think maybe you’re reading too much into it. Your feelings are valid, and I understand why you feel that way, but that doesn’t mean you should unnecessarily worry yourself over something that could be nothing.”

 

“B-but hyung!”

 

“But nothing, Jimin. Just go in, prepared for possible good and bad, and if, just if, it turns out to be bad, fight for him. Don’t just let him walk away. I know you can do it, Jiminie. Hyung believes in you, okay?”

 

“… Okay, hyung… Thank you for always being here for me. You always give such good advice.”

 

“Aish, that’s nothing. I’m just telling you my observations.”

 

“Still, I appreciate it a lot, hyung. I love you and thank you for letting me cry all over you!”

 

“Anytime, Jimin. Now go home and don’t worry for nothing, okay?”

 

“Okay, hyung! Love you!”

 

It turned out that Jin-hyung had wanted to talk about what they would do after he graduated, and that he wanted to consider Jimin moving in with him. 

 

Jimin had brought him a bouquet of flowers to thank him, and had casually mentioned how he had told one of his classmates about how ‘his Joonie-hyung’ had given him advice and that’s how he even started dating Jin-hyung. 

 

That same day some sophomore girl from Jimin’s dance club had approached him and asked for advice on what to do if she thinks her boyfriend might be cheating on her. 

 

He had offered some basic advice, of course he did… and thus started Namjoon’s Unofficial Relationship Advice Giveaway. 

 

***

 

Even though Hoseok and Taehyung were adamantly against him giving advice to complete strangers who, frankly, used him then went on their merry way, Namjoon liked being able to see them be happy, either by fixing their relationship or by leaving a toxic one. 

 

It warmed his heart.

 

Sure, it slightly made him bitter – late at night when his only company was the rain against his windowpane – that he kept giving advice to people to fix their relationships when he had yet to even be in one. 

 

Does being in love make you blind to common sense? Or was it just that there truly is no magic in relationships at all, and that he wasn’t really missing out on much? Or… was he maybe just doomed to help other people with their love lives and never have one of his own? 

 

It would be wrong to say that Namjoon is not interested in relationships. 

 

It’s his greatest desire to come home to someone – to have someone to cuddle with on the couch, to listen when he goes on his long spiels about humanity, to look at him with fondness, to tell him that he’s loved… it’s all he wants, okay?

 

But maybe he’s jaded? Maybe he’s become a bit cynical towards love?

 

He just finds it… ridiculous how some people jump into relationships when they’re not ready. He gets that people want to love and be loved, but he can’t find the point in relationships where people aren’t even “dating,” and they’re really nothing more than -buddies. 

 

What’s the point of a relationship without genuine feelings that are shared between the two?

 

Love is beautiful, not a game… and it makes him upset that people trample all over it until the word ‘love’ becomes meaningless. 

 

And then there are times when people actually do ask him out, even if it’s just for a coffee, and he’s so filled with fear at the thought of actually being in a relationship, of actually realizing his dreams… that he rejects them. 

 

Kindly, of course it’s kind, but… he still rejects. 

 

Because maybe, sometimes, it’s better to be with the evil you know that to attempt to venture towards the evil you don’t.

 

Yeah.

 

Namjoon desperately wants love, but he can’t quite help but look around and look for his definition of love… and maybe that means he’ll be condemned to never know love. 

 

***

 

The beginning of the end came on a terribly normal day.

 

Namjoon was sitting with Hobi and Tae in the library, studying for his anatomy midterm while Tae attempted to write a five-page essay on The Iliadwhen he hadn’t even read it, and Hobi stared dejectedly at his Principles of Marketing textbook. 

 

He sighed a little before setting down his painstakingly handwritten notes and rubbing his eyes, “Learning about the human body just makes me contemplate how quickly I can kill myself in anatomic terms.”

 

Hobi chuckled as finally opened his textbook to one of the chapters he needed to go over, “If you tell me how, I can kill you and you can kill me. It’ll be the double homicide that will go down in the books of friendship.”

 

Namjoon looked up, dimples already peeping out and eyes curling in amusement towards Hobi, when he spotted him walking in their direction… Wait, no, walking towards them?

 

His eyes widened as he quickly looked down at his notes, feeling his ears getting hot. 

 

“Joon-ah?” “Hyung?”

 

Shh, just act casual!”

 

He pretended like he didn’t hear someone walking up to their table, acting like he was that consumed by his notes, only to feel his heart shudder to a stop as a husky voice said, “Kim Namjoon?”

 

Namjoon looked up, eyes wide and mouth slightly open in surprise, and stared at Min Yoongi. 

 

***

 

It would be good to pause here and interject with some points that most people do not know about Namjoon (beyond Hobi and Tae, but they don’t count, since they’re his roommates and basically his blood brothers at this point). 

 

  1. Kim Namjoon is in love with the idea of love.

 

  1. Kim Namjoon is too nice for his own good.

 

  1. Kim Namjoon is a huge thinker and likes to contemplate society’s problems and takes pride in his empathetic skills and his continued hope in humanity considering his thoughts.

 

  1. Kim Namjoon also maybe hates himself and likes to self-sabotage by avoiding situations that could lead to his own good, namely avoiding relationships when all he wants is to love and be loved.

 

  1. Kim Namjoon is also a huge hypocrite.

 

For instance, he likes to give love advice to people struggling with their relationships – advice like, “be brave!” “just communicate!” “be yourself! “don’t be afraid to voice your concerns!” “just talk to them and tell them your feelings!” – but he doesn’t do any of that .

 

He has an opportunity to be brave? He decides it’s better to go home and try another day – when he feels braver, maybe.

 

Be himself? He doesn’t think anyone would like it if he were to be himself – beyond Hobi and Tae, but they’re weird too, so they don’t really have room to judge him anyways.

 

Actually talk about his feelings? Yeah, miss him with that bull, he’ll grow up being an emotionally constipated individual and be just fine, thank you. 

 

Anyways, the point of all this rambling is…

 

  1. Kim Namjoon is now a junior in college.

 

  1. Kim Namjoon has also been harboring the biggest crush for those three years on one Min Yoongi, who is a senior and leaving very soon.

 

Okay, now, back to the story.

 

***

 

Min Yoongi looked gorgeous, as always.

 

He stood there, leaning forward, his palms resting on the edge of the table. He had his black hair down, unstyled, falling slightly into his eyes. He was wearing a simple white tee with a red and blue checkered flannel over, ed, and gray skinny jeans with strategically placed rips here and there. 

 

He looked absolutely breathtaking and it took everything in Joon to keep his eyes on Yoongi’s face and not eye those rips in his jeans, thinking about what the skin peeping through would taste like. 

 

“Ah, sunbae-nim? C-can I help you?”

 

Yoongi rolled his eyes, “Aish, this kid, why are you being so formal? We were partners in biology lab together. I thought I gave you permission to call me hyung already?”

 

Namjoon’s cheeks went a soft pink as he grew flustered, “Oh, Y-Yoongi-hyung, yes, you did, but I thought since we weren’t in class anymore–”

 

“I don’t let just anyone call me hyung, Namjoon. You’re allowed to call me hyung until I explicitly tell you not to. Ah, uh, anyways, are you free to talk for a few minutes?” Yoongi pointedly glanced at both Hoseok and Tae – Hoseok who was obviously gaping at Yoongi in barely concealed awe, and Tae who was also equally gaping up at Yoongi in complete shock along with obvious awe – “Alone?”

 

He got up too fast in his eagerness, and jammed his knee up on the underside of the table, letting out a gasp of pain immediately.

 

Yoongi stepped forward and steadied Joon as he shifted all his weight to one leg to rub at his knee, “Are you okay, Joon-ah?”

 

Namjoon blushed as he straightened up, noticing how Yoongi’s hand lingered on his elbow before slowly retracting, “Yeah, I’m fine, just a little clumsy. It happens, so it’s not a big deal. Anyways, um, lead the way?”

 

Yoongi nodded and watched Namjoon take a few steps forward, checking to make sure he was actually fine, before he easily took the lead and led them out towards the far side of the library that was definitely isolated but still in the line of sight for Hoseok and Taehyung to continue to gape at them.

 

Namjoon nervously stood in front of Yoongi then, seeing how Yoongi leant against the wall and oozed calm-and-collected energy, attempted to mimic him by leaning against the wall as well – but he probably failed because, hello, he’s Kim Namjoon.

 

An attempt was made. He deserved a bronze star for that, okay?

 

He gnawed on his lip and brushed his purple bangs away from his eyes as he looked at Yoongi expectantly and, seeing how Yoongi seemed perfectly fine to just stand in silence staring at his shoelaces, hesitantly asked, “Did you need something, hyung?”

 

Yoongi-hyung’s eyes snapped to his and – wait, was that a light blush on his cheeks??

 

Namjoon was pretty sure his heart just did the equivalent of a keyboard smash. 

 

“Ah, Namjoon-ah… This is pretty embarrassing to ask, especially since I’m your hyung and I want you to think I’m cool…”

 

Joon straightened and his hands flew out to wave in an attempt to convey how very wrong that thought was, “No! No no no, hyung! I would not ever think you’re not cool, I promise! I’ll be happy to help hyung, however you need help!” Namjoon paused mid-movement, “Um, as long as it’s not illegal? I sort of have a thing against doing illegal things, since, um… the last time? I just, draw the line there, sorry, hyung.”

 

Yoongi’s eyes widened slightly, “The last time?”

 

Namjoon’s face burst into flame and he rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment, “I, um, don’t talk about it, but… let’s just say it involved Hobi and Tae, the police, a hotwired car, and jellybeans.” 

 

His beautiful crush stared at him in utter silence for a few moments, while Namjoon’s face gained the heat of a thousand suns, before he nodded and simply said, “Alright, I won’t ask, Namjoon-ah. Anyways, thank you for assuring me that you’ll always think I’m cool. I’m going to hold you to that as I ask this favor of you.”

 

“Of course, hyung! I wouldn’t expect anything less of you.”

 

“Hmm… ah, well, you see… this is rather embarrassing. Maybe you haven’t noticed, but your hyung isn’t the best at romance or relationships in general. It all just seems like a hassle, you know? But, anyways, I met a person who would be worth the hassle… More than worth it, you know?”

 

Namjoon’s forced his eyes to widen a little as he smiled, trying to make his smile genuine, even as his heart smashed through his rib cage, falling to the ground between their feet, and the world went black-and-white around him, “I know.”

 

“I’ve known this person for three years now, but I haven’t done anything because maybe your hyung is a bit of a coward… Anyways, you know I’m graduating soon, and I don’t want to graduate and never see this person again, and I definitely don’t want to leave without even trying to win this person over.”

 

The taller of the two nodded, mentally counting the minutes until he could safely leave this conversation – he had a feeling on where this was going and never before had he cursed his too-nice attitude this much. 

 

Why couldn’t he have tried harder to listen to Hobi and Tae when they told him to learn how to say no?

 

“I, ah, didn’t really know what to do, so I told Jungkook – oh, do you know him? He became my roommate your sophomore year, I think? He graduated from high school early, that genius brat.” 

 

Namjoon nodded that he did indeed know the absolutely brilliant boy that was not only the roommate of one Min Yoongi, but also his very best friend and who Namjoon had worried was not only his best friend, but more, but, rest assured, Jungkook and Yoongi were very much just friends. Very close friends, but friends. 

 

“Yeah, anyways, I was to him about it and he mentioned how you’re known around campus for giving love and relationship advice and he thought maybe I could ask you to help me out?”

 

“Ah, yes, I suppose I am, hyung. What… what exactly do you want me to help you with?”

 

Yoongi sighed and ran a hand through his hair, messing it up before it fell back into place smoothly, making Joon wish he could feel that silky hair just once

 

“Well, like I said, relationships aren’t quite my forte… I want to woo this person. Him, I want to woo him, because he deserves it, you know? But I’m not really sure how to go about that and Jungkook’s best advice was to ask you for advice.” 

 

Namjoon’s heart was nonexistent at this point. He was utterly in shambles, but he still wanted to coo at how romantic Yoongi was. 

 

Sure, it’d be more romantic if it was aimed at him, but… beggars can’t be choosers. Or something like that. 

 

“I see… I’m a little busy studying right now, but I’ll give you my number and we can get together for coffee tomorrow and discuss more in depth? I also need to know more about your person, so I can give good advice on how to woo him specifically.”

 

The elder beamed up at Namjoon, his gums peeking out in the most precious smile Namjoon has ever been blessed with, and says, “Thank you, Joon-ah. Seriously, thank you so much, and I’m sorry I disturbed you while you were studying.”

 

“It’s okay, hyung, I needed a break anyways. Here’s my number, just text me when to meet you, okay? I don’t have classes tomorrow after my 9 am test, so I’m free after 10:30 or so.”

 

“Okay, I’ll text you then. Thank you, Joon-ah.”

 

The purple-haired younger blushed lightly and scuffed his feet, “It’s okay, hyung… It’s my pleasure to help you out.”

 

Even if it breaks his heart, it was worth it to have Yoongi-hyung look at him that way.

 

***

 

The next morning, at eleven or so, Namjoon rushed to the café near campus, hoping Yoongi hadn’t been waiting on him for too long. 

 

He sees Yoongi-hyung sitting at a corner table, sipping at his cup of coffee with another cup placed in front of the seat across from him on the table, a dark gray beanie over his black locks, wearing a maroon hoodie and black ripped jeans this time.

 

Joon exhaled, tried to catch his breath, failed, ruffled his purple locks and tried to look like he didn’t literally just sprint here, gave that up as a lost cause, and finally walked over and slid into the seat across from Yoongi.

 

He was graced with a soft smile and a “Hey, Joon-ah. How was the test?”

 

They made small talk over their coffees – Joon was pleasantly surprised when he took a sip only to taste his favorite order, with all its special instructions, in the cup… just how did Yoongi-hyung manage that? – before Yoongi finally turned serious and prompted, “Okay, I’ve thought hard and I’m ready to describe him to you, so you can give the best advice to woo him as he deserves.”

 

Namjoon sets down his now-empty cup of coffee and nods resolutely, steeling himself to hear about just who had stolen Yoongi-hyung’s love and affection.

 

“… I’m not really good at saying words, it’s easier to write them down, but…” Yoongi lets out a deep exhale and fiddles with his empty cup, “Okay, so, he’s gorgeous, of course he is. He’s taller than me, and he dyes his hair weird colors, but it always looks good on him? I don’t really know how he manages it? He has two good friends who he’s really close with, but he’s friendly with everyone. Really, he’s too nice for his own good. He scrunches his nose when he’s reluctantly amused and looks like that emoji, the one that closes its eyes and opens its mouth laughing, when he laughs. He, um, he’s the deepest thinker I know? I think I fell for his mind first, honestly. The things he says… he just drops profound thoughts like nothing, just casually into conversation? I don’t know? He’s just? Perfect?”

 

Namjoon’s mouth is slightly open as he watches Yoongi’s eyes start to glitter, his face reddening as he utters every word, even as his mouth tugs into a gummy smile, full of fondness.

 

This person… he sounds amazing, and of course Namjoon can never even think to compare

 

He would never be the target of that beautifully fond look and gummy smile full of love. 

 

Yoongi-hyung covers his face and mutters out unintelligibly, “Please tell me that’s enough, I don’t think I can say anymore without just expiring on the spot.”

 

The younger forcibly chuckles and rubs the back of his neck, “That’s enough, hyung. Honestly… It sounds like just telling him this will be enough to woo him? You said you weren’t good at saying words, but that was beautiful, hyung. But, if you don’t want to say that, you can show it.”

 

Yoongi looks at him, eyes pleading, “How? How do I possibly show him my feelings so he knows how much I lo– uh, care for him?”

 

“Well… I’m not that great at giving advice, and you don’t really seem the type who’d be okay with public declarations. So, maybe, ask him out to go on a walk? Just be casual and friendly, get to know him, and tell him compliments. Maybe tell him how much you admire his mind? I dunno, from what you said, he sounds like a pretty low-key guy, but anyone would appreciate flowers too. I definitely would. And, at the end of your walk, try to tell him how he makes you feel. Anyone would appreciate genuine words that convey deep feelings. This might not be the wooing you’re thinking of though… what do you mean by wooing exactly, hyung?”

 

The elder stares at him for a few moments before dazedly saying, “I thought it’d take maybe weeks of gifts and flowery words for him to return my affections, but I like your plan better… if you really think that’s all I need to do?”

 

Namjoon firmly nods, “It’s a simple and straight-forward plan, hyung, like you. I know I said we want to cater to the person you like… but you also want to show him who youare. No matter what you do, your feelings will come through with your actions. He’ll feel your love and care for him, even in this simple thing, and that’s all that matters: that he knows how you feel.”

 

“But, Joon-ah… what if he doesn’t return my feelings?”

 

The purple-haired younger smiled, dimples deep and proud, and shook his head, amused, “Hyung, even if, and I say a big if, he didn’t like you, when you show your affections in such a genuine way… he’ll at least want to try to date you, to give you a chance. If not, well, then he never deserved them, but I don’t think that will happen for you, Yoongi-hyung. I believe in your feelings.” 

 

Yoongi-hyung’s smile made his stomach twist, and Joon couldn’t feel his heart breaking anymore, so maybe he’ll be okay. 

 

Eventually. 

 

With lots of time and cuddles with Hobi and Tae. Maybe even cuddles with Jimin, even if he’d have to suffer through Jin-hyung laughing at him while telling him ‘comforting’ jokes to cheer him up. 

 

“Namjoon… I have another favor to ask you. But, you don’t have to say yes, okay?”

 

“What is it, hyung?”

 

“Ah… you see… I’m nervous. I know your plan is simple, but… would it be okay if I practiced it on you first?”

 

Namjoon stared at his hyung in confusion, “I’m sorry, but what? Practice on me?”

 

Yoongi-hyung’s face flamed red and he looked down at the table, trailing his finger through a small puddle of coffee Namjoon had spilled earlier and had forgotten to wipe up, “I’m sorry, Namjoon… Your hyung is just a complete failure when it comes to relationships, okay? It’s embarrassing and it’s too much to ask of you, I know… But my tongue always gets twisted and I want to practice before I actually tell him, and Jungkook would just laugh at me if I tried to ask him for help, the . You don’t have to say yes! But… if you wouldn’t mind?”

 

He could almost hear Hoseok yelling at him to get up right now and walk out of the café. He knew Taehyung would be telling him he deserves better than this, that anyone deserves better, but especially him because he has only ever tried to be a good person. 

 

But Kim Namjoon is a weak man.

 

So that’s why he smiles at his hyung and opens his mouth to say, “Of course, Yoongi-hyung. I’d love to help you. It’s no trouble at all.”

 

***

 

As if the universe wanted to really rub salt into Namjoon’s wounds, Yoongi-hyung is the perfect date, the perfect potential boyfriend – everything Namjoon has ever dreamed of, really.

 

He picks Namjoon up right on time, showing up at Namjoon’s door with a single red chrysanthemum and handing it to him with a gummy smile and a bashful, “For you.”

 

He takes Namjoon’s hand as they walk, his bigger hand enveloping Namjoon’s own – which is quite a feat, considering Namjoon’s hands aren’t considered small… of course, Namjoon has noticed Yoongi’s hands before, but it’s quite different to feel how big they are! – and he talks about music and books with him, slowly leading him to the park that Namjoon frequents quite often. 

 

They walk along the Han River, laughing and sharing funny anecdotes about their friends – and how did Namjoon not know that Yoongi was close with Jimin and Jin-hyung as well? – Namjoon even disclosing just what illegal activity Hobi and Tae had dragged him into that one time.

 

Eventually, they stop by a park bench, Yoongi pulling him down to sit next to him, and they stare out at the river, the sky a mellow blending of red and orange above them, the moon beginning to show its face. 

 

Namjoon had never really been able to enjoy silences with anyone before, even Hobi and Tae ended up filling the silence with some funny story, but here, with Yoongi-hyung’s warmth right by his side, they simply existed.

 

It was so beautiful and Namjoon’s heart made a comeback, only to ache fiercely at the thought of Yoongi doing all this with him

 

Namjoon forced himself to not think about it and to instead ponder on the way streetlights reflected on the water, creating pools of yellow that looked like eyes, staring out at all those who passed by.

 

He shivered lightly before murmuring, “Are you going to practice what you’re going to say now, hyung?”

 

Yoongi jumped slightly beside him before saying, “Oh! Ah, yeah, um… Practice, right.”

 

Namjoon turned towards his hyung and smiled encouragingly, “Whenever you’re ready, hyung.”

 

The elder looked at Namjoon then closed his eyes, before exhaling and slowly opening his eyes again, “Joon-ah… maybe I was a little dishonest.”

 

“What do you mean, hyung?”

 

“I… Honestly, I didn’t think you wouldn’t figure it out, but maybe you’re a little oblivious. That’s okay, but… Joon-ah… when I was talking about my person, didn’t they sound a little familiar?”

 

Namjoon just stared at him confused, “No, not at all. I’m sorry, was I supposed to guess who you were talking about?”

 

The other chuckled wryly, “Joon-ah… I was talking about you.”

 

Kim Namjoon’s brain short-circuited.

 

“Sorry, what?”

 

“Aish… Namjoon, I was talking about you in the café. When you didn’t get it immediately, I chickened out and made this stupid excuse about practicing, because I couldn’t just ask you outright. I’m a coward, I know, but I’m being brave now, okay? I like you, Kim Namjoon. You’re the person I’ve been crushing on for three years now and you’re the person I don’t want to let get away. You’re the person I want to have in my life, for a long time.”

 

“I… I don’t understand.”

 

Yoongi chuckled again, this time fondly, before leaning forward, a hand coming up to rest on Namjoon’s cheek, “Here, this might help.”

 

Then Namjoon’s lips were against Yoongi-hyungs and the world exploded in color around them. 

 

His eyes fluttered closed and he leaned in, his arms coming up to wrap around Yoongi’s shoulders as his lips were softly caressed before being kissed in earnest. 

 

When they finally pulled away, the sky is fully black with stars peeking through the clouds occasionally. Namjoon’s lips feel puffy, and the streetlights allow enough light for him to be able to appreciate Yoongi’s half-lidded gaze and bitten red lips.

 

He whispers softly, “You really were trying to woo me? And–and you came to mefor advice on how to do that?”

 

Namjoon bursts out laughing as he realizes just what Yoongi had done and he hears Yoongi grumble through his laughter, but he can see how his lips are curled up in a fond smile.

 

He wheezes out, “Jungkook’s advice was to ask your crush how to win over your crush?” 

 

Yoongi chuckles as well, “Maybe it wasn’t the best idea to trust that crackhead with my love life, but I don’t regret it… not if it led to this moment with you.”

 

Namjoon stops laughing as his insides curled and his heart was revived, only to begin beating furiously fast within his chest.

 

He could feel his cheeks heat up as he whispered, “I’ve liked you for three years too… but I was never brave enough to tell you. I was trying to muster it up, before you left, but… I’m glad you did it. If we had left it up to just me… I don’t know if anything would have ever happened.” 

 

Yoongi said nothing and simply leaned forward to take Namjoon’s lips again, and Namjoon smiled into the kiss as he leaned closer.

 

“I’m really happy you give such good advice, Joon-ah.”

 

“Hmm… yeah. Kiss me again, hyung?”

 

“Of course.”

 

*****

 

It all ended with Yoongi, Namjoon believes.

 

Maybe Namjoon finds it hard to say no to a pleading face, but Yoongi has no such problem. 

 

“Sunbae, I was wondering if you could maybe give me some advice?”

 

“ off, can’t you see he’s too busy kissing his boyfriend to deal with your problems? Person up and go figure out how to deal with your own , like the rest of us.”

 

He had offered enough advice, he supposes. 

 

Like his boyfriend said, they should learn how to deal with their own problems, anyways.

 

He has enough on his plate with a cute boy who tugs him into kisses in hallways, leaves notes saying ‘You look really good with silver hair, but purple will always be my favorite on you, since that’s when I finally told you how much you mean to me,’ greets him home with a hug and a warm dinner, and cuddles with him in his bed and listens as Namjoon talks about all his thoughts on the world and humanity, chiming in to agree or disagree occasionally.

 

Thus ended Namjoon’s Unofficial Relationship Advice Giveaway, and began Namjoon’s foray into loving and being loved in return.