From Ch 57

The Story of Ong Ji-Ae

It's been several days since they welcomed a new family into their little family. It's been almost a year they have been waiting for the arrival of their smaller one into their live. Going through a lot of hardship, ups and down during the year. And finally, she is here with them. After months of waiting for her to come.

Daniel had been the most excited one since she arrived to the world. Having non stop to pamper or shower his little girl since she came into his life, and even after they've brought her home. As the leader of the family, he had tried to be a great father, as much as he can, despite his busy schedule. But since they know of him just having a new baby in the family, they let him off slightly earlier now. Knowing so well about someone just having a new baby in their lives, is more important than working their heads off.

He is grateful that his boss is a very understanding man, so he could always went home a bit more earlier than he should. Nobody is complaining since Daniel is a hard worker, so they won't say anything whenever they saw him quickly packing his stuff when it's barely even three in the evening. 

It's not only because he have a new baby in his life that he wants to come home early, but he have two of them now. One being their newborn and another is being his sweet husband that have gone through the pain of carrying her.

His husband had taken a maternity leave for ninety days as given to him by his company. Or longer if he needed to, considering his husband owns the company. And who would have thought that a big and important person like Daniel's husband will be the one carrying rather than Daniel himself.

That's because he wants to. Although his husband is older than him by two years, some times he is the kid one among their relationship. Must be because of the stress of running the company all day long.

Daniel smiles through out his drive home. Excited to see his baby girl soon and his husband. Knowing so well that the man is struggling with his post delivery, as he had to go through a c section since he can't go through normal delivery. The scar is painful but he can still bear with some of the pain, and some times he can't. If it was Daniel, he would have fainted just after seeing or being cut open like that. He almost did though when he accompany him into the theatre room. God have mercy that he didn't pass out. Thank god some of the nurses were there to make sure he was fine as they go through the procedure.

His husband is a very strong man, despite being lean and not that muscular, he is by far the strongest man in their relationship. By far the toughest when it comes to dealing with stuff like that while Daniel would simply cowers away or faint by it. Not that he is not strong, just at certain levels.

Although he says that his husband is a child in their relationship, he is by far the most mature too. The one who cooked and do chores around the house while Daniel would just make a mess around and then he would get nag by his husband for being a couch potato, which he is not though. He did help him clean up the house during his time of carrying their daughter. Because he was glared at for the whole week. And being ignored when he did not help him clean up the house. He'd learn his lesson though. Don't ever mess with a pregnant person. Their hormones could kill you.

*

"Seongwoo, I'm home!" Daniel calls for his husband once he'd walked into their luxurious apartment (all because of Seongwoo). He toes off his shoe and loosen up his neck tie, throws his coat on the nearest coat hanger and makes a beeline to their bedroom. Since he is so sure that he would find him there.

"Seongwoo?" he stick his head in just to see whether Seongwoo is in their bedroom and he smiles when he did see him sleeping on their bed, curled up into a prawn like, the duvet is covering him up until his waist as he light snores. Seongwoo is facing the other way so his back is facing the younger when Daniel comes in. 

Daniel smiles to himself and closes the door, slowly so that he would't wake the older up. He make his way to the bed but then stops when he was close to the sleeping man. His eyes widen but then he softly cooed at the sight before him.

Seongwoo wasn't alone. He is actually sleeping together with their baby girl that is holding onto one of Seongwoo's finger. Small hand gripping tightly as she sleep with her father's index finger in her grasp. She's some times absentmindedly ling the pacifier which they've bought for her, in . Sleeping soundly without any care in the world. Happily and all fed up by milk and now happily sleeping with her father.

Daniel's heart swells at the sight. He can't really say anything and just love the way his two most important person is sleeping soundly on their bed. He falls in love even more for his husband and to his baby girl too.

Daniel moves away to change into a more comfortable clothes and then proceed to cook something for him and Seongwoo, since he is sure that Seongwoo need to rest since he had been looking after their girl for the whole day. No, several days since she was brought home with them.

But as he was about to check what they have in their pantry and ready to cook something, his eyes caught something on top of the table and his heart swells even more. Seongwoo took the liberty to cook for him as well, despite still being exhausted after what he had gone through several days ago. Now Daniel is questioning himself on what he had do in his past life to deserve such a man into his life now. This is what grew him to love the man even more and more. Surely he would never run out of love for the sleeping man.

He had his meal, alone since he doesn't have the heart to wake his husband up and clean up all the dishes, taking out the trash and even pick up some of the dirty laundry he could find around the house and place them all into the hamper. Once he's happy with the house being all neat and tidy, since Seongwoo is a neat freak just like his best friend Minhyun, Daniel checks the front door and the balcony door to make sure that everything is lock. 

It's getting darker, and he could see the sun starts to set. He didn't think that it was already late. And Seongwoo is still sleeping, well that's what he thought.

Daniel heard a soft sniffling coming from their bedroom when he was nearing the door and then he heard his husband soft whisper, which he is trying to register on what he is saying. Of course he is talking to their baby, trying to calm her down with whatever soft, loving words he could say to her.

The younger decide, he should step in and help Seongwoo with calming their baby.

Hm, maybe I should just tell you her name. They named her Ji-ae.

*

"Shh shh, Ji-ae. Ji-ae baby, daddy's here. Go back to sleep, baby. Did something wake you up? Are you hungry again? Need to change your diaper, sweety?" Seongwoo whispers softly as he cradles Ji-ae in his arm. She held on his finger when she manage to get a grip on it and that made him chuckles. Seongwoo bops his nose with her and proceed to moves out of the bed to the baby's room next door. They have it installed a new door that could go straight to from inside their bedroom rather than needing to run out of the room.

Seongwoo still didn't realized that Daniel had walked in when he moves off the bed and into the room, to change Ji-ae's diaper.

He did struggle a little when he moves around, because of the wound and some time he winces when he practically moves a bit more aggresive than he should have.

Daniel follows him and he made his presence known to his husband by clearing his throat, which startles the hell out of Seongwoo.

"Oh my goodness. Daniel, you're almost gave me heart attack. Knock before you walked into me like that. I could have drop Ji-ae you know." Seongwoo glares at his husband who is smiling cheekily at him. He carefully placed Ji-ae on the diaper changing table. Daniel helped him out by picking the diaper and stand next to him. When Ji-ae saw him, she starts to gurgle and moves around. Somehow excited to see him, although newborn don't usually see yet for the first few days. They can only see shadowy figure moves around but Ji-ae could tell that her papa is with her too.

"Hello Ji-ae. Aigoo, does she miss papa? She did does she? Yes she did. Papa miss you too. Sorry that papa couldn't wait to see you wake up this morning, baby. It's okay, papa's here now." Daniel cooed, smiling brightly at his daughter when she gurgles even more and flailing her small arms around. Legs kicking around excitedly.

Seongwoo gave a small smile at the way Daniel is talking to their daughter, as he focus on cleaning Ji-ae with the wet wipes and then throws the dirty one into the trash can and then applied some nappy cream before he put on a new diaper. He looks like a real mother when he expertly changed her diaper, or feed her with milk, unlike Daniel who still struggle to hold her or change her diaper or even bathe her or even feed her.

"She's not the only one miss her papa. Another baby miss him too, you know." 

Daniel grins at Seongwoo. Knowing so well that the other baby is Seongwoo. Of course he misses Seongwoo too. The older turns his head to smile at him lovingly but tiredly as he lazily give Daniel a peck on his lips.

"Welcome home, Daniel. Have you eaten the food I'd cooked for you?"

Daniel hums softly into their kiss, "I did and it's delicious. Like always. You're the best cook ever. Thank you for that." He proceed to give the older man a back hug, carefully not to put a lot of pressure on his lower abdomen where the wound is.

Seongwoo closed his eyes to enjoy the loving embrace from his husband, leaning into him and he let Daniel sways their body around. Ji-ae lets out some baby noises but it wasn't stressing them. It's what baby do when they are happy and satisfied. At least she understand them and simply let her parent have some moment for themselves.

Daniel moves to kiss his neck and thumbs gently caressing his still bloated stomach, it didn't go away yet since it is still new to them. You can't expect the big bump to just go away after the baby is out. You've stretched yourself for the past nine month to carry a big baby inside and don't expect it to suddenly disappear after that. of course it will takes time for it to go, probably in two months or three during his confinement leave.

Seongwoo moves his neck away to give more access to Daniel on his neck. He hums pleasantly at the soft kisses on his neck. It has been a while he feel like this. Having Daniel so close to him like this and being hug or kiss. But now they can't always have their own moment ever since Ji-ae was born and now she is the most important person for them to look after.

"Is is still painful. The wound." Daniel asked against the skin as he keeps giving kisses on Seongwoo's neck, eyes trained down on their daughter. He even smile against Seongwoo's skin when Ji-ae smile.

"A little bit. Especially when I moves so much and do a lot of work without remembering that I had wound to look after." Seongwoo answers back, eyes open to stare out of the window, watching how the sky is slowly turning darker. The shades of orange coming from the sun is slowly disappearing and the night sky is coming in.

Daniel stops kissing him and frowning at his husband, "I thought I told you not to overwork yourself. You're still fresh from all the operation and the wound too. It could open up and then we have to go to the doctor and have her check."

Seongwoo raised his hand to cup his husband's cheek and simply caressing it. The older chuckles, "I'm sorry. You know I love to work. And it keeps me occupied. I hate not doing anything when I'm on my leave, Daniel. At the very least, I only do some of the house chores and cook for me and for you, feed Ji-ae, change her, bathe her, some times went grocery shopping or simply taking a bath and do laundry. I didn't carry anything heavy."

"You did carry the grocery bags though. They're heavy."

"I went along with Jonghyun, so don't worry. Plus that was two days ago. You can't expect me to stay at home and do nothing, Niel."

"Well, I do actually."

"Stop it. I don't want you to baby me even though I addressed myself as your baby, but I can take care of myself just fine." Seongwoo choose to move away from Daniel and starts to carry Ji-ae away, since Ji-ae is starting to grimace and he knows what that mean. She's gonna cry anytime soon if she is not feed with milk. Daniel huffed and follows him to the kitchen. He is not gonna stop the argument yet.

*

"I know hyung, but I want the best for you and Ji-ae. I don't want you to get hurt. I don't want you to be in pain too. I didn't say that you need to be babied but some times you should let me, hyung. Just while you're in your confinement leave."

The older stops and looked back at his husband with Ji-ae in his arm, he didn't say anything but just sigh before he walks again.

"I sure hope that you are ready with whatever you just said to me, Niel. If you're planning to baby me then you better be prepared with the consequences. I'm sure gonna give you hell though and boss you around since I'm an expert in bossing people around." Seongwoo jokes. He carefully shifted Ji-ae to his left arm as he starts to boil up the water to sterlize the bottle.

"Here let me." Daniel went to his side and take Ji-ae away from him, carefully cradling the small bundle of joy in his arm and still looking so awkward as he carries Ji-ae. Seongwoo shake his head and silently chuckles at his husband. He need to learn how to carry a baby faster if he wants to help him.

Once Seongwoo had sterilized the bottle he starts to make an ounce of milk for Ji-ae, because that is how much she could take, for now. He remembers his mother telling him that newborn will soon demand more as they grow bigger by every day. So he will need to make two ounces soon if she demands more milk. As of now, Ji-ae is still quite satisfied with an ounce of milk and she will go straight to bed after she is well fed.

An easy sleeper just like her papa. One traits that follows Daniel. She fell asleep easily and fast. And is a very heavy sleeper just like Daniel too, whilst Seongwoo is a light sleeper and is not easily to fall asleep. That is one trait that he is grateful to, since he won't want to have Ji-ae constantly waking up to such a light noises if he is to look after her for the next three months, not that he's complaining.

He would gladly spent his time with her. But not to the expand of coaxing her to sleep if each time she would wakes up to the softest noises there is. That would be a problem to him and to Daniel. That is why Seongwoo is glad that Ji-ae have that traits of her papa. A heavy sleeper who could sleep for at least four hours after she is fully fed.

The traits that she gets from Seongwoo is his cleanliness. Meaning, Ji-ae would easily gets irritated if she get her diaper all wet and poop herself. She likes to be clean and when she poops, she would starts to cry. 

So Seongwoo could easily tell if she is unhappy with getting her diaper soggy or dirty. She is so Seongwoo on that part. Seongwoo is a tidy and like Daniel calls him, a neat freak. He couldn't stand looking at all the dirty laundry or seeing how the kitchen sink is piled up with unwash dishes. He would starts nagging for the whole day about Daniel and more stuff on random days.

More so when he's currently on confinemet leave.

*

After feeding Ji-ae, which Daniel beg to Seongwoo because he need to get used to feeding and holding her, they moves to the bathroom. It's time to give her a nice bath before they retreat for the night.

Again, Seongwoo is the one who is bathing Ji-ae with Daniel watching intently at how Seongwoo do it. He is determine to learn how to bath Ji-ae and all others so that one day he'll be able to look after Ji-ae without any problem. Also, he can't just let Seongwoo do all of it, because his husband still need the supposed rest. He can't just let him do all the work and the chores around the house. Seongwoo had done so much for him and even gave him want he have ever wanted. All thanks to him that they are blessed with Ji-ae now.

Having to struggle his way to carry her and go through all the pain and all the problems during his first trimester and then the second trimester. 

Daniel can still vaguely remember how Seongwoo had one time forced him to buy him a freaking caviar at o clock because he was craving for it. And that piece of s are not cheap. There are ingly expensive to buy. But because it's for Seongwoo, all for the love of his life, he had to buy him one. Going through the streets of Seoul and trying to look for a twenty four hour restaurant that sells caviar. Damn that was the most crazy experience he had ever went through. But it was worth it when he gave the box of caviar to Seongwoo and watched him eating it with pure satisfaction and bliss makes him smile and also satisfied since he manage to satiated his husband craving.

It wasn't the only time though. He had gone through a lot more after that. Some time Seongwoo demand him something really out of the ordinary and some time just a simple crave for peach flavored yogurt or etc. Other than that, it's all good. And before the craving starts, he had to witness Seongwoo going into their bathroom to throw up because he's in a first trimester.

Morning sickness or hyperemesis gravidarum is what they medically calls it, is something normal that mostly pregnant mother would go through. They would keep vomiting for weeks until the fetus is about thirteen to fourteen weeks old. And all that would stop but some rare occasion, they would drag up to fourteen to fifteen weeks through their pregnancy.

It depends on the people. Thank god Seongwoo had to  go through it until the fetus was about eleven weeks old. But still, it was the most horrible experience, for Seongwoo. He was so weak at that time, because of all the throwing up and there were one time when it was too much that Seongwoo had begged Daniel to take him to the hospital and he had to be admitted for some hydration therapy. IV line being inserted and they put up few bottles of salines for hydrations. It was a painful time for Seongwoo and Daniel, who couldn't do anything for him but just gave his husband the moral support and all the care he could give.

Daniel would stay next to him for days and was glad that his boss gave him the permission to take a few days off just to be with Seongwoo. A week off actually. Seongwoo had stayed in the hospital for three days, with the treatment and all the salines he gets, made him stronger after that. Besides the hydrations, they did gave him some anti-emetic medication, to stop his nausea and vomiting. And it helps, a lot.

They went home after the third day and soon Seongwoo is in better shape and have more appetite to eat rather when he was vomiting.

"Daniel, can you pass me Ji-ae's shampoo?"

Seongwoo's voice brought him back to reality after going into the past for quite some times. He even see Seongwoo raising one eyebrow at him as he stretch out his hand as if he is waiting for Daniel to give him what he had asked for.

"Oh..uh, shampoo...Uhh, ahh here you go." he passes the bottle once he spot it and proceed to watch Seongwoo give Ji-ae her bath.

"What were you thinking about?"

"Huh?"

"Earlier. You were in dazed. What were you thinking?" Seongwoo asked as he splash some water on Ji-ae then started to shampoo her head then carefully rinse them off, with his fingers covering her ears (folding it) to prevent the water from going in. Then he continue with her body since it was a solution that could be used for the head and down until the toe.

"Oh, I was just reminiscing the past. The time when you were still carrying Ji-ae and all the times we gone through together." it made him smile just by thinking about it once again. And it also made Seongwoo smile too.

"Ah, bet you're remembering my most vulnerable time during my pregnancy." the older says, splashing the water to Daniel, playfully smiling at his younger husband.

"Hey, don't do that." Daniel whines, pouting as he slowly starts to smile again as Ji-ae kicks the water when Seongwoo changed her position so he could wash her back.

"Still, I can't believe that she's here. After all that, I never could have imagine to finally meet her or hold her or bath her or feed her. It's still....so amazing." Seongwoo sighs, gently washing Ji-ae's back and watched her with a content smile.

Daniel noticed and he moves closer to snuggle next to his husband, and gave him a peck on the cheek. Then he scooped some of the water and helped Seongwoo is rinsing off the soap from Ji-ae.

"Believe it, baby. She's finally here and in our arms. She's the best thing that had ever happened in our lives. The best gift and our most prize possession that we must cherished and protect. She is what we have created. Our pride and joy. Uri baby Ji-ae." Daniel coos and gave Seongwoo a kiss that he deserved before they takes Ji-ae out of the bathtub to dry her and dress her up.

*

It's already ten o'clock at it's already pass Ji-ae's bed time. Although she is just several days old, they had to teach her the time that she is needed to go to sleep. Daniel had gone and made her another ounce of milk after her bath because she pooped.

And Seongwoo is currently playing with her. Just nuzzling his nose with her and paced around the room as he cradles her. When Daniel comes in with the milk, he went to sit on their bed and took the bottle from Daniel and starts feeding her.

Daniel sat next to him and gave him a side hug, his chin resting on his shoulder as he watched Ji-ae being fed by the milk bottle he made, fed by Seongwoo.

He couldn't stops the smile from forming onto his face as he watched how Ji-ae eyes darted here and there while she drink the milk. She looks so contented.

And they both giggles when they sees how her eyes starts to get droopy. She is such a cutie.

Daniel puts away the bottle and Seongwoo is trying to burp her, when he couldn't do it, Daniel gets in and help him out. She burps after that and Daniel gave her kisses and bops her nose with his own.

He still afraid of holding Ji-ae longer than he should, pass her to Seongwoo. He watch how Seongwoo starts to lull her to sleep, by singing some of the lullaby he knows and moves to lay on their bed. Of course, Ji-ae will always sleeps with them because they are so whipped for her right now, even though they've bought a baby's cort for her to sleep in. Well, it hasn't been used yet since she was brought home.

They will surely use it once Ji-ae is a big bigger.

*

Soon, Ji-ae is fast asleep on the mattress next to Seongwoo. While Daniel spoon the older from the back, arms wrapped up around Seongwoo's waist, feeling the still medium sized bump and gave him some kisses at the back of his neck and then up on his head.

"You're such a great daddy, Seongwoo. I'm glad that I'm married to you and have Ji-ae with you. I love you so much and Ji-ae."

Seongwoo sighs and turn his head to give Daniel a kiss and smile at him.

"You'e a great papa too, Daniel. It does not matter to who you're married to, love. But guess I'm glad that you're married to me and are lucky to have Ji-ae with me because I love you too and Ji-ae as well."

"Mm," Daniel hums in agreement, "I am happy. You and Ji-ae are my most precious treasure in this world. I'm so lucky. If we are able to and if you're agree with me, I want more kids with you in the future. I want Ji-ae to at least have one or two younger siblings in the family and our family should grow bigger."

Seongwoo hits him on the chest which made Daniel to laughs out loud but he stops himself when he remembers Ji-ae is sleeping next to them.

"We'll discuss that later after I've fully recovered. For now, let's just enjoy our time with Ji-ae. Right now, she need the most care and love and attention from both her father."

"Yes, that's true. Thank you again, baby. For giving me what I have ever wanted in our family. Thank you for bringing and carrying Ji-ae for me, for us."

They kissed again, tenderly before they went to sleep, with Seongwoo whispering against his lips.

"You're welcome, love. And thank you for being there for me, and be Ji-ae's papa and my husband."

 


 

To those who has read this, you can skip this and wait for the next chapter ☆⌒(≧▽​° )

I will post them as soon as I can but for now, just enjoy this cuteness.

Keep reading them and imagine how cute Ji-Ae is if she was real haha. 

( ´ ▽ ` ).。o♡