Chapter two

The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter two

* * *

~ 8 years later ~

I woke to the familiar sensation of being crushed; I wriggled, pushing my shoulder backward. Jiyong shifted his weight off of me slightly. He was spooning me from behind, breathing deeply into the back of my hair. His heavy arm was draped over me, pinning my arms to my chest, he was holding my hand tightly, our fingers interlaced, his leg was slung casually over mine. I could feel the usual ‘morning glory’ pushing against the small of my back.

I quickly silenced my phone alarm and elbowed him in the stomach. “Six o’clock,” I mumbled sleepily, closing my eyes.

“Ten more minutes, Angel. I’m still tired,” he murmured, pulling me tighter to his chest.

“Nope, no ten more minutes. Last time it turned into another hour, and Seunghyun nearly caught you in here,” I mumbled, elbowing him in the stomach again.

He moved his arm and pinned my hands down to the bed near my head, in a praying position. “Just ten more minutes, Angel,” he whined.

I sighed and closed my eyes again. There was no arguing with him when he was like this, I just didn’t have the energy this time of the morning to get into a fight with him. We both drifted back to sleep, instantly.

“Amber, you had better already be up!” my brother shouted, banging on the door. I jerked up and so did Jiyong, it was almost half past seven.

“Er…. yeah I’m up already, Seunghyun,” I shouted back, glancing at Liam who was rubbing his face, looking a bit dazed.

“Good. I’m going to have breakfast. Hurry up will you! Jiyong’s driving today so be ready to leave in thirty minutes,” Seunghyun called through the door, before stomping off down the hall.

“Jeez, Angel, why didn’t you wake me up?” Jiyong accused, frowning.

I looked at him warningly and gave him my best death glare. “I did, you jerk! You said ‘ten more minutes’ then pinned me to the bed to stop me from elbowing you!” I growled sarcastically, doing a bad impression of his voice.

He chuckled and pushed me back down on the bed, pinning my hands above my head and rolling on top of me. “Pinned you to the bed? Were you dreaming about me again, Angel? I could make that dream come true for you,” he mocked, with his face inches from mine.

“Yeah, you wish! Now get the hell off me, Ji, and go get ready. You’re driving today, apparently,” I hissed, nodding to the window. He sighed and pushed himself off me, pulling on his jeans and t-shirt. He climbed out of the window, silently, sliding it back down after him. I walked over and locked it before heading in for the quickest shower ever.

Exactly twenty-six minutes later, I trudged into the kitchen with a frown, Jiyong was there leaning casually against the counter, eating my cereal. Damn it, every morning! His brown hair was messy in his usual just got out of bed look, which to be honest he did get out of bed and it looked just like that. All he ever did was run his hands through it a few times and add a bit of wax.

He looked the same as he did every morning, like a freaking supermodel. He wore low slung ripped jeans that showed his boxers a little, and always made the girls swoon. Today he wore a white t-shirt that showed off his perfectly sculpted body, and an orange and grey checked short sleeve shirt over it, which he wore completely ed. His blue eyes were glittering with amusement as he looked at me.

“Running late this morning, Angel?” he asked with a smirk.

 

I gave him a drop-dead look, making him chuckle. “Shut up, Jiyong! Why the hell are you eating my cereal again? Don’t you have any food at home?” I asked, snatching the bowl from his hands and eating the contents. He just watched me with an amused smile.

 

Seunghyun threw me a juice box. “You do look a little harassed this morning, Dee. Everything OK?” he asked, looking at me a little concerned.

I glared at Liam again as he started to laugh. Of course, I looked harassed, I had half an hour to get showered and dressed. “Slept in,” I muttered with a defeated sigh.

Seunghyun had no idea that Jiyong slept in my room with me every night, if he did he would go crazy. Jake was very protective of me, he always had been, but he had gotten worse since my dad had left when I was thirteen. Well, I say left, but in reality, Seunghyun and Jiyong came home early from hockey one day to see that my father had beaten me senseless, and was trying to me. Seunghyun had finally snapped, and he and Jiyong had beaten the crap out of him, almost killing him in the process. They had thrown him out of the house and told him that if he ever came back, they would kill him. He never came back though, that was three years ago.

A little while after that, my mom got a job with a huge electronics firm, she was the PA to the director and so she travelled a lot. She was gone twice as much as she was here, so we only saw her for about one week a month, if that. Seunghyun was my only supervision, although at times it was more like I was the one taking care of him.

Jiyong was also very protective of me, but we still didn’t get on - even though he had literally spent every single night wrapped around me in my bed for the last eight years. He had snuck back into my room the following night after seeing me crying again and we had ended up falling asleep again. After two weeks it had just became a regular thing. It wasn’t something that we ever talked about, I just left my window unlocked and he let himself in once his parents had checked in on him to make sure he was asleep.

We had never once been caught in eight years. We’d come close a couple of times though. A couple of years ago, Jiyong’s mom had found his bed empty, but he took the hit and lied, saying he’d snuck out to a party and stayed at a friend’s. No one suspected he was next door with me.

He still teased me like crazy and annoyed the life out of me just as much as he did when we were kids, but I always knew he would be there for me if I needed him. It was like he had a split personality. By day he would annoy me, making me crazy and angry all the time, and by night he would be the sweetest boy in the world and would cuddle me, making me feel safe and secure.

“You’re looking hot today, Angel,” Jiyong stated, with his trademark smirk, looking me up and down slowly, making me squirm.

Yeah, right! My brown hair was still damp because I didn’t have time to dry it because of his stupid ‘ten more minutes’ so I had pulled it back into a messy bun. I had thrown on my dark blue skinny jeans and red V-neck top and pulled a black hoodie and black converse. I had added the bare minimum make up, as usual, just a little mascara to make my grey-green eyes stand out, and some clear lip gloss. I did not look hot. Freaking ! I gave him the finger and walked out to his car. Leaning against it, angrily, waiting for them to grace me with their presence.

The drive to school was the same as usual, they sat in the front talking about football and parties, and I sat in the back listening to my iPod, trying to ignore Jiyong smirking at me in the mirror. We pulled in to the school and the car was immediately swamped by people, the same as every morning. Jiyong and Seunghyun were considered ‘hot players’ at our school. They were seniors and every girl’s dream, the boys wanted to be friends with them, and the girls wanted to sleep with them.

Jiyong laughed as I cringed getting out of the car, trying to avoid the horde of s that banged into me because they were trying to throw themselves at him. One girl elbowed me on purpose. I looked at her in her tiny skirt that looked more like a belt and her top that showed her stomach and grimaced. Jeez, she is such a hoe!

“Holy crap, Jessica, did you know you left your skirt at home?” I asked with mock horror.

She scowled at me and I heard Liam and Jake laugh. “Whatev’s, you do know that the emo look doesn’t work for you, right?” she spat back.

I just laughed and walked off. It was usual for Jessica and me to have these sort of comments for each other. She had dated Jiyong for a little while, well, if by dating you mean having a few times, and then getting dropped. She still wasn’t over it and wanted him back, much to his disgust.

“That wasn’t nice, Angel.” Jiyong laughed, as he caught up with me and threw an arm around my shoulder. He bent his head close to mine.

“Sorry about this morning,” he breathed in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. I elbowed him in the ribs making him chuckle and pull back.

“And ignore Jessica, I think you rock the emo look,” he added, with a flirty wink.

Seunghyun slapped him on the back of the head. “Dude, that’s my little sister!” he scolded angrily, pulling him off me.

Jiyong just laughed and winked at me again, making me roll my eyes. Ji pulled away and walked straight up to what looked like his newest lay. He smiled at her seductively and she blushed as he immediately started flirting with her.

I found my friends who were practically eye shagging Seunghyun and Jiyong with dreamy expressions. “Hey, Bom, CL, Tiff,” I chirped as I walked up to them.

“Hey, Dee, did you ride in with hot piece of one and two again today?” Bom asked, staring after my brother as he w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter