New Roommate

The Daily Lives in EXO's Dormitory
Please log in to read the full chapter

New Roommate

Pairing: Luhan & Sehun

Rating: PG

Summary: Sehun's first day with his new roommate. 

 

Fact: Luhan loves to play soccer.

 

Semester break was almost over which meant classes were to start soon. Most students had their well-deserved rest except for Luhan, which he had crammed every assignment to the very last minute. Over the past few weeks of break, he was out in the field, practicing soccer and even representing in the school soccer team. Not to mention he was the captain of the team too!

Luhan was exceptionally talented at soccer. His fast reflexes, amazing stamina and critical judgement made him the star of his team. He was also loved by many—from fitness trainers and coaches to students of all genders. But the thing was, no matter how great he was at sports, no teacher would simply allow him to use that as an excuse not to submit his homework.

Now here he was, pulling all-nighters just to finish the mountainous pile of assignments. He had been on the desk for the past six hours, writing illegibly without proper thought to the question. If you thought Chanyeol was worse, you were wrong—Luhan was worst. At least Luhan had a reason for not working on his homework during the holidays (Chanyeol was just plain lazy and was having way too much fun doing nonsense).

Just then, he heard the sound of keys clanking against the lock. He sighed once as he thought that someone from the school committee would be here to disrupt his peace. I mean, that was logical right? Who else would have the key to his dorm room? He was the sole owner.

Luhan looked towards the direction and saw a male carrying a stack of books to his chest. He wore round spectacles that seemed a little too big for his face; even his brown hair touched the rim of it. The kid—yes, Luhan referred to him as a kid—was undeniably young.

“Yes, how can I help you?” Luhan asked. He clicked his pen and left it on the table, before scrutinising this kid once more. Now, he looked confused just as Luhan was. Did he just saw a blush of red tint blossoming on his pale cheeks? Luhan wished to squish those rosy cheeks and snuck it in his pocket.

“I was told we are sharing rooms,” the kid said, without maintaining eye contact. If someone else was doing the same exact thing, Luhan would be pissed and curse that person for being rude. But Luhan can’t help but smile to himself. He can only describe the boy in one word: cute.

“Oh, yes… I remember… Silly me. How could I forget about it,” Luhan said. He got up from his chair and sauntered towards his new roommate. “I’m Luhan. So what’s your name, adorable… I mean, kid. No, that sounds weird. Just, what’s your name?”

“Sehun,” the kid replied. “Oh Sehun. I’m a first year. Nice to meet you, Lu-Luhan.” He raised his hand and Luhan shook it firmly.





 

Since Luhan was admitted to this school, he felt that single rooms were way too empty to his liking (he didn’t have many belongings anyway). It felt quiet and boring too. With that, he submitted a request in the following year and eventually switched to rooms that could fit two people. He felt elated when he received an email that stated that the school had (finally) found a male for him to share the room with.

Luhan was always envious of his neighbours. He envied the BaekYeol pair as they were boisterous and lively most of the time. That room was very much alive every day and not like a cemetery when compared to his previous single room. Beside the boisterous pair was where the sweet couple resided—XiuChen. Now Luhan wouldn’t consider them as roommates; he knew they were a couple right off the bat! They were lovey-dovey and cared for each other—the way husbands and wives would.

When Sehun arrived, Luhan felt relieved. He was finally able to have company and not feel left out. But on a more serious note, Luhan felt even greater responsibility weighing on his shoulders. As a captain, he was used to leading his teammates in soccer, but a kernel of him felt that he needed to take good care of his new roommate. Sehun was a first year—very much new to this school and the environment and everything. He looked so vulnerable among those higher years that lived on the same floor. He would definitely freak out when he meets that talkative Baekhyun.

Sehun’s first day here with Luhan went by smoothly. The elder (Luhan) just gave a quick tour around the room, telling him which were his bed and cabinet. He then returned to his assignments while Sehun unpacked his belongings. When he finished, it was close to seven at night and he agreed to Luhan’s proposed dinner at the campus. Luhan really wanted to know more about his new roommate.

“So, you’re from China, correct?” Sehun asked. He pierced an onion ring with his fork and began to chew.

“Yup,” Luhan said. “So, is there anything you’re afraid of?”

“Erm… I guess I can’t go close to animals,” Sehun replied in a sheepish manner. “You know there was this one time I went to a zoo and the zookeeper asked me to feed a deer, but my hands trembled and I dropped the food on the grass patches. I felt so helpless.”

“I love deers though,” Luhan chuckled. To be honest, many of his soccer mates told him that he resembled a doe—feminine face adorned with double eyelids and long eyelashes. Contrary to popular belief, Luhan displayed a manly side of him whenever he was on the field.

“Do you know how scary they are?” Sehun asked. “They

Please log in to read the full chapter