Sweet Revenge (Part 2)

The Daily Lives in EXO's Dormitory
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sweet Revenge (part 2)

Pairing: Baekhyun & Chanyeol

Rating: PG

Summary: Baekhyun tells the truth. 

 

Fact: Baekhyun can pick locks with chopsticks.

 

The last trace of sunlight vanished as heavy clouds whirled rapidly in the dark sky. Drizzling rain followed moments later which gradually became heavier and heavier. With a plastic bag held over his head, Baekhyun quickened his pace. Within seconds, rainwater had soddened his shoes and his clothes became drenched, but it did not affect him. He continued to run with no clear purpose and direction. Out of nowhere, a zombie with blood-shot eyes wielding a meat hammer emerged from the shadows and intercepted his path. A terrible cry ensued.

Chanyeol had no idea whether it was Baekhyun or he himself the one who screamed. All he knew was that he woke with a start; a rush of adrenaline pulsed through his veins. His eyes slowly adapted to the dim light. Chanyeol sat beside Baekhyun's bed, head on the elder's blanket which now had a pool of sweat permeating the covers. 

Just inches away from him was Baekhyun, who still slept soundly. Mouth parted slightly, his breaths were slow and steady, unlike Chanyeol who was easing his erratic breathing. Upon seeing his roommate well—and perhaps, alive—he sighed in relief. It was just a nightmare. 

Chanyeol mustered himself up and sauntered to the washroom. He d for the switch and bright light illuminated the room. He closed the door to prevent light from seeping through the dorm. Standing in front of the mirror, he saw his bedraggled reflection: hair clung towards his forehead and a light shade of black visible under his eyes. 

It was 03:00 but Chanyeol had difficulty sleeping. He suddenly recalled the events that occurred the night before which was still vivid. He hated to see this side of Baekhyun and it was ultimately his fault. Feeling that his mind would never be at ease until his roommate gave him the answers, Chanyeol decided to wash his face with cold running water. He left the bathroom afterwards but his footsteps came to a halt as he saw Baekhyun by the side of his (Chanyeol's) bed. An unsettling notion churned in the pit of his stomach.

"Baek...," Chanyeol said. "Baekhyun." He said louder, as if the said boy was still having a grudge after yesterday's events.

Baekhyun jerked and cocked his head towards Chanyeol. "Wh-Where were you this whole night?" He asked and began to touch Chanyeol's bed sheets. "They are awfully cold."

Chanyeol pointed at Baekhyun's own bed. "There. I was sleeping with you." Baekhyun's lips formed an 'O' shape. "Now it's your turn to answer me. Where were you last night?"

"Forget about it. I don't want to talk about it now." Baekhyun placed a hand on his forehead, rubbing them. "It hurts so—"

Chanyeol rushed over and laid his arm over the roommate's back, as if thinking he would faint anytime soon. "Are you not feeling well? Are your fingers starting to hurt? Do you need to see a doctor?"

Baekhyun tried his very best not to giggle at Chanyeol's stupidity and innocence. Clearly he was staging this up and he particularly enjoyed it; though he was thankful for Chanyeol who finally started to pay some attention to him. It felt great.

"I think I haven't recovered from my hangover last night," Baekhyun said bitterly. "I am feeling a little woozy, but what is this painful feeling on my fingers? When did I—"

"I'm sorry," Chanyeol apologized. He stared into his roommate's beautiful pair of black eyes (Baekhyun shivered and looked away as it was intense). "I'm really sorry... You know...," Chanyeol paused and swallowed his saliva before continuing. "My homework was way overdue and I needed to submit them next week, but don't worry, I've completed them all. I can be with you this whole day. Wait, this whole week even."

There was silence for a while. Chanyeol's sentences that were said with sincerity caused Baekhyun's chest to tighten. Bile rose in his throat and he felt a sudden surge of affection towards the male standing opposite him. It had been a long time since Chanyeol had apologized to Baekhyun. Well, a real apology and not some fake, insincere words. It felt wrong. Baekhyun was the one who caused this whole commotion—not Chanyeol. Chanyeol's shouldn't be the one this remorseful. 

Baekhyun took a step forward, further narrowing the close distance. Without having the faintest idea, he tilted his head upwards and inched closer. He could feel Chanyeol's tightened grip on his back, as if willing him to come nearer. Baekhyun slowly caressed the nape of Chanyeol's neck and shut his eyes. He zoomed nearer and the smell of vanilla soap whirled to his nostrils. Chanyeol's scent was pleasant and calm, but it drew Baekhyun wild. His heartbeat thumped louder. His mind urged him to do it: to wrap his arms around Chanyeol, touching his biceps, to feel his plush lips against his. Baekhyun wanted their breaths to mingle—

"Baekhyun," Chanyeol's deep voice had forced Baekhyun to stop moving. Their noses had barely touched each other. That moment his name was called, all thoughts in Baekhyun's head vanished. 

Baekhyun looked dumbly into

Please log in to read the full chapter