Part 2

Wish Tree

A/N: I honestly have the whole thing written, but I want to finish another one before I post the last part. I have been having such an off day and watching people read this really helped out a lot! Okay I’m gushing. 

Just as a heads up: It’s Christmas Day, and it’s definitely more comical than Christmas Eve. 

 

***

The reality was, I still did it to myself. I felt the wiggling pillow in my arms break free from my grasp. Instead of pulling it back to me, I grabbed the covers and snuggled in, I was not ready for another battle.

 

“You can’t stay in bed all morning Wan, Fany unnie is expecting her pancakes.” With a bigger grumble I scooted lower into my covers, burying myself even further than I already had. “Come on, I don’t want to face an angry lady so early in the morning.” I faced one for the past two days and I needed my rest. I heard the door to the washroom open and shut, leaving me all alone in the bedroom. Peeking my head out to make sure it was safe, I crawled out of bed to and headed straight for the second bathroom to get ready for the day.

 

***

 

“Pancakes, pancakes, we are having pancakes!” Yeri stormed out of her room with a sing song voice as she skipped around the apartment. “Wendy’s making pancakes!” She skipped about before hugging me. “You know Wendy, these mornings are my favorite part of Christmas.” For being a mischievous troll 364 days of the year, I always knew how appreciative Yeri got on Christmas. “Hey what’s that?” I felt her finger touch my neck and my eyes bulged. “Its like super purple, did you get bit by something? Sheesh, should I call Dr.Park? That looks like it hurts Wendy!”

 

“Oh she got bit alright.” Turning around, we saw Seulgi standing in her bear pajamas with a smug smile on her face. “Why did you get in trouble?”

 

“Why are you in trouble Wendy?” Yeri whispered. Her eyes were full of mischief, she knew were the bruise came from.

 

“Uhh…” I stammered. I felt my whole body turn red as a tomato. Suddenly Joy popped out behind Seulgi to sit at the countertop.

 

“Good Morning Wen, Seul…” she turned to give Yeri a glare, “Satan.” Yeri rolled her eyes as Joy turned to face me. “You got in trouble again didn’t you?” I gave her a pointed look before the cause of this fiasco emerged from the hallway. “What did she do Unnie?”

 

Joohyun walked in effortlessly, she raised her eyebrow at me before giving a scoff. “She kept going on and on about some new barista she hired. Something about her making some wonderful drink that tastes like Christmas in a cup.”

 

“It does!” I was met with a menacing glare before I decided it wasn’t worth another battle.

“Are you talking about Eunji unnie? Was that what she gave you yesterday? Man that was good, but name a drink that she can’t make better,” Joy said. Joohyun’s glare shifted to Joy before Seulgi rubbed her shoulder.

 

“Chill Irene, try the drink before you skin them alive.” Seulgi was calm as always, trying her best to diffuse the awkward situation I had placed myself in thanks to Joy’s not so helpful comment. It seemed as though a light bulb went off in Joohyun’s head, I saw her eyes gleam with mischief.

 

“You know Sooyoung, Eunji just loves to work with Sungjae…” Joohyun told her seemingly uninterested. “Wannie always schedules them to work together.” I flipped the pancake and shut my eyes, knowing Joy’s intense stare was on my back.

 

“Wendy unnie?” Joy growled.

 

“Eunji said Sungjae reminds her of her boyfriend, some lawyer she’s known forever.” Bless Seulgi. I could not handle a second angry woman in this room.

 

“She has a boyfriend?” Joohyun asked, eyebrows up in surprise. Seulgi nodded her head resulting in Joohyun giving me a sheepish smile as a form of an apology. “So you weren’t just saying that to throw me off…?” I gave her a side eye before I went back to making the pancakes.

 

“Wait that’s why you bit Wendy?” Yeri exclaimed with a laugh. Joohyun turned bright pink and put her face in her hands. “Unnie why didn’t you just believe her!”

 

“Oh, because Eunji and Wendy were talking about something before Irene unnie got to the counter and they looked mighty suspicious when they suddenly turned quiet. One minute Wendy unnie was standing there saying hello to us, the next she is walking out of the back bright red and with her hoodie on.” Seulgi said laughing. Joohyun’s embarrassed expression suddenly became more satisfied.

 

“I don’t like sharing. Angry or not she knows that I don’t.” I felt the tips of my ears turn red as they all laughed at Joohyun’s statement. The sound of an opening door was what had us all looking in the same direction.

 

“Where are my pancakes Wendy!” Tiffany and Taeyeon walk in hand in hand. “It smells so good in here! We bring gifts guys!”  

 

“Woah Wendy! You got attacked!” Taeyeon exclaimed. Yeri snickered again, reassuring Taeyeon and Tiffany that she could fill them in.

 

***
 

We were all sitting by the fire, the tree was fully decked out. Mid way through breakfast Joohyun had leaned over to me, turned my head, and placed a sweet kiss on my lips before muttering an apology. I gave her a peck on the nose telling her everything was fine. Now we were sitting next to each other, wrapped in a blanket with a mug of hot chocolate and coffee beside us. Yeri’s friend from university had woken up once we finished setting the table and now both were passing out gifts.

 

“As the  youngest pair, we decided to kick off our festivities by giving you our gifts!” Saeron nodded along with Yeri, giving a sweet smile as they handed Joy and Seulgi their gifts. “This is for our two british friends.” Yeri gave them both a wink. Joy had gotten a fancy coat for her upcoming trip with Yeri to England, and Seulgi got the concert tickets she had been asking for.

 

“Tickets?! Oh my gosh! Yeri!” Seulgi gave her and Saeron a tight hug before staring down at the details. “You also bought the light stick? Wait...but this isn’t the date for Seoul…”

 

“Ahh yes, Taeyeon?” Yeri gave her the floor. Taeyeon stood and gave Joy and Seulgi their gifts as well.

 

“I know you two have been working incredibly hard, so I talked to your bosses,” Seulgi and Joy looked over to Joohyun and I before turning back to Taeyeon, “We reimbursed your tickets for these.” They handed them new airline tickets as both their eyes widened. “Seulgi, we know you wanted to join Joy for her London trip, so we asked for you two to get a two weeks off so you have enough time to travel some other parts of Europe.” After their initial shock wore off, they hopped into Tiffany and Taeyeon’s arms before switching.

 

“Guys thank you so much!”

 

“We got your hotel stays,” I said, “Spare me the hug, we want you  guys two unwind before you get back.” They both gave a nod before reaching for their gifts. They handed Saeron and Yeri their gift.

 

“We put our money together to splurge for you two a bit.” They opened it up to find a set of tickets. We actually bought the seats next to the tickets you gave us, so I guess we will be going out together a lot in London.” Joy gave Yeri a tight hug, and Saeron hugged Seulgi. “Merry Christmas you little Satan.”

 

The rest of the gifts consisted of various goodies everyone asked for. We gave Yeri and Saeron matching pajamas, as well as an apartment by Oxford that we pitched in with Taeyeon and Tiffany.  Taeyeon and Tiffany got a key to the apartment beside ours for their move to Seoul.

 

“Joohyun, was moving in here difficult at all?” Tiffany asked. I saw Joohyun smile and shake her head. I leaned my head to her shoulder as she wrapped her arm around me.

 

“She lived here anyway. I think the only thing that changed was that we had laundry done.” Yeri said. She stayed with us during her semester abroad. She wanted a little sense of home before she went back to Oxford. “How is life without me again?”

 

“Quiet.”

 

“Wow Irene unnie, we played the best together.”

 

“You can pick between us and Taeyeon’s place Yeri, they have dogs.” Yeri gave a pointed look before shaking  her head.

 

“Alright alright,” Taeyeon said. “Time to  give our hosts their gifts. Seulgi and Joy handed us two gifts. We got matching set of pajamas from them and a card. I opened mine to see the word ‘Will’ written in the center. Confused I set it aside and picked up Yeri and Saeron’s. They gave us two lockets, both filled with a picture of Joohyun and I the Christmas we got together snuggling on the couch. However, it contained a piece of  paper with ‘You’ on it. Setting that aside I grabbed my last gift from my older sister and her wife. “Open carefully.” Tiffany said with a smile. It was a set of two, a larger box and a smaller box. I grabbed the bigger box and find a new phone and tickets for a vacation to cash in whenever possible. Joohyun received the same before we opened the last boxes we had. In it was a baby onesie and a note that said ‘Be My Godmother?’ I gave a confused look as Joohyun had the same paper as I did. Slowly the pieces came together as I stared at Taeyeon and Tiffany with beaming smiles.

 

“OH MY GOSH OF COURSE WE WILL!” I said loudly. They smiled and hugged us tightly. “Spill!”

 

“We decided we were ready to take the next step, I mean we got married, we have the dogs, we have each other. Since Fany knew she wanted to rest for a while in Korea, we decided to look into adoption. We found out a month ago. Someone left a baby girl and we are taking her in.”

 

“We wanted to know if you two could be her Godparents?” Tiffany said hesitantly. “I have siblings but they across different countries, or traveling, so they are constantly moving. We wanted Hannah to have a more stable foundation. We just think that when you two decide you want kids you’d make amazing parents.” We hug Tiffany tightly, giving her nods in confirmation.

 

We all sat back down and laughed. We pulled out our last gifts, the ones that the pairs exchange at the very end. Seulgi gave Joy a charm bracelet before giving her a sweet kiss. Joy gave Seulgi a necklace with a heart on it. Yeri and Saeron gave each other rings, the same ones in fact, before they blushed and  began discussing apartment themes. Taeyeon gave Tiffany a key necklace, while Tiffany gave her the lock. Taeyeon’s cheeks went bright red when they opened their gifts and Tiffany simply smiled and leaned in for a kiss.

 

“You want to know something funny?” I heard from beside me. I turned to see Joohyun staring at me with her gift for me in her hands. I pull out my box and  hand it over to her as she hands me mine. “I nearly thought you were gonna propose to me.” I turned to see her face, her smile bright but not entirely happy.

 

I leaned to her, pressed our noses together before giving her a kiss. “Maybe one day love.” She gave a sigh an began tearing into the box I gave her as I opened my gift. Inside was a new espresso machine for our house. I gave her a smile and kissed her cheeks as she furrowed her brows.

 

In her hands was a note, a note that said everything that I told her the night we got together. I saw her expression change into a smile as she realized where those words were from. I see her set down the note and open the box that was wrapped inside her gift. Inside was another note, she was confused yet again as I turned to her.

 

“What am I supposed to ask-”

 

“Every year we made a wish, I wished every year that I meant something more to you than just the girl with great cake.You put every star, planet, cloud, sun, satellite in the damn sky. You are my world, you have been since the day you shoved that pie in my face. You are going to fall in love one day, you are going to find that person who you think puts every star into the sky. I want you to know that right now, just like last year, and every year since the day we met, I wished more than anything in the world that you would find that in me.” I saw her eyes well with tears as she smiled at me. She leaned closer to me. “When we fell in love, we waited, when we got together, we already knew that we had it right. I like waking up knowing that you fill my world with everything it needs and wants. I really hope that I do the same for you.” She nods through her tears as I grab her hand and slide the ring I had been holding in my sweater the whole morning. “Marry me, I can’t imagine a forever without you.” She nodded again, giving me a kiss and whispering yes over and over. I give her a hug as everyone around us let out a loud cheer.

 

“You are so cheesy Son Seungwan,” she said with the tears still in her eyes.