Chapter 1

WORTH IT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cerena's Pov

Brink Brink Brink  Brink

My phone rang.

"Ohohoho!!!! people won't allow somebody to sleep. who is calling me at this time?" I picked my phone to answer the caller. I groaned seeing the caller ID, it was our manager Michael calling me.

"Yes? why are you calling me early in the morning?" ...... what? 12:30 pm already?!!! I asked checking the clock on my bedside. "Ok, I've heard you. why do you need me at the studio now?" I whined. "can't we talk later? I mean I'm tired now" ........ "Ok ok ok, don't eat me raw," I replied while getting off my bed. "I'm coming now...... you're at the studio right?" I asked, removing my nightwear. "Is bro with you?" ..... "Ok no probs, I'll be on my way," I said then dropped the phone on the bed.

"Aaaaah!!! I hate this celebrity lifestyle," I made my way to the bathroom for a quick shower.

After about thirty minutes or so, I came out only to find Ife a.k.a my personal Assistant in my room. "what? why are you here?'' I pressed my lips. I was being annoyed but couldn't help it. who wouldn't be? my manager had woke me from a beautiful sleep, knowing I had been active since the beginning of our tour.

"Michael told me to come and pick you up," I nodded, then moved past her to my walk-in closet. "wait for me lemme dress up quickly."

"ok let's go," I grabbed my bag and stuff and gestured her to go. dressed up in a white sleeveless shirt and sky blue denim jeans.

On our way to the studio, the car was as silent as a morgue and it was killing me. Ife didn't talk because I was being moody. so, I asked, "hey Ife."

"yes ma," she answered carefully not to provoke me.

"why do they need me in the studio at this time?"

"I don't know Ma, he just told me to come to pick you up," she replied which I nodded my head as an answer. better be a concrete reason for Michael to wake me up, if not I'm gonna kill him

while looking through the car window, I saw we got stuck in traffic. "Lagos and traffic," I mumbled adjusting my sitting position for a quick nap. we had a long way to go because my management is located in Lekki and I resided in Ikeja. After some hours, Ife announced our arrival at the studio and we hopped out of the car, Ife following beside me.

**********

"You're late." Michael waggled his brows.

"I know," I replied him nonchalantly.

"Hey sis," my brother waved at me. I moved toward him and gave him a warm hug. "so why am I here Mike?"

"Ooooh yes!!! we get you a new contract," he danced.

"contract? what kind of contract," I shrugged. it then dawned to me that I was needed just because of a mere contract. The contract that could've waited for me the next day.

"Yes, you're....."

"you called me here because of a contract?" I squinted my eyes. It wasn't funny at all.

"why are you being like this?" my brother asked with a crinkled nose. it made me ashamed of myself after he uttered that. I just mouthed sorry.

"Anyways, it's not just a contract Cerena," Sarz snarled. Sarz is our producer; he has been our producer since our debut. "Bazzi called us that he has gotten you a contract to work with a Korean entertainment company. The company requests you to write a song for its boy band." he completed the sentence searching my eyes for any reaction.

"Oooh," that was all I could say at the moment. the urge to argue with them left me due to fatigability. "Where is the contract?" I asked.

"are you not happy?" Sarz's voice asked.

"No!! I'm happy. I'm just too tired ne," they both mouthed an ok and made some jokes to make me feel l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter