Chapter 1

Date Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The atmosphere in the dance studio is more tense than usual. The members all huddle up to the one person sitting on the couch in the middle of the room, with her arms crossed in front of her sternly and in deep thought. 

 

“What’s wrong, captain?” 

 

“Why are you so upset?” 

 

“Haven’t you heard? Just now, our captain tried to confess-“

 

“Confess?”

 

“Yes she-“

 

“Enough.” The girl sat in the couch finally spoke and looks up to face the crowd, causing all of the dance club members, or otherwise known as her loyal followers, immediately shut up and stare at her expectantly. 

 

The monolid girl in the centre of attention looks around the room with her sharp glance and then abruptly deflated her shoulders and sank back into her sofa with a loud exasperated sigh. 

 

“WHY IS SHE LIKE THIS?” She yelled into her palms that were covering her face as the embarrassment from earlier sinks in again. 

 

—-

 

It all happened two hours ago. 

 

When the most popular girl in school, Kang Seulgi, decided that she wanted to date someone. Now that her dance competitions were over, she has a short break before training starts again and she wanted to try something new. Sounds like a perfect plan, isn’t it? 

 

So, she announced it to her table of friends over lunch and asked for recommendations about who should she choose to ask out on a date. Recommendations flooded in about girls and guys from different levels and schools but their words all went into the bin when Seulgi saw this particular girl walk into the cafeteria. 

 

She was the most beautiful girl she had ever seen in her life. With her long straight hair and milky white complexion, Seulgi watched in awe as the girl’s soft features morphed into an angelic smile when the girl’s friend beside her told her something. 

 

“What’s her name?” Seulgi voiced her inner thoughts out loud. 

 

Kai looked up and replied nonchalantly, “Oh, she’s Irene. She’s probably the prettiest girl in school but she’s not really popular because she’s new and kinda shy.”

 

“No wonder I’ve never met her before.” Seulgi had a growing smile plastered on her face as she continued to observe Irene from across the room. “She’s perfect.” 

 

Seulgi was in love. 

 

“What?” 

 

“She’ll look perfect beside me and we’ll be the most beautiful couple to have ever existed!” Seulgi announced proudly, completely elated to have found the perfect partner to flaunt on social media. 

 

Seulgi was in love with the idea of the huge amount of likes and follows she would gain once she started to post their cute couple pictures online. 

 

Her friends immediately nodded in agreement and congratulated Seulgi for finding such a perfect girlfriend to date. 

 

Upon knowing her name, Seulgi stood up from her seat and walked towards her target confidently. She looked into the girl’s beautiful brown orbs and popped the question, “Hey Irene, will you go on a date with me?” 

 

Everything seemed perfect to Seulgi when she imagined the scenario in her head. This confession was supposed to be romantic, sensational but....

 

The girl looked at her in pure confusion, which then switched into a look of disgust. She replied coldly, No.” 

 

It was then Seulgi’s entire world crashed down. 

 

“Why?” Seulgi held onto the girl’s hand and refused to let her leave. There were a million questions whizzing through the dance captain’s head. 

 

“What do you mean why? I have no interest in you.” Irene frowned and pushed her hand away. It was the first time Seulgi was rejected. 

 

“That’s impossible.” Seulgi widened her eyes in shock. Everyone loves her in this school and that was a fact. Just how? How did this girl escape her charms? 

 

The girl sighed frustratedly and looked at Seulgi with piercing eyes, “I don’t even know you.” 

 

And, that was the final blow. 

 

Seulgi stumbled back in complete horror and gasped, “I’m the dance captain, Kang Seulgi! I perform every week during lunch, you can’t possibly-“

 

“I don’t know you. And, you’re not my style.” The girl stated coolly and walked away, leaving the dance captain completely K.O-ed. 

 

—-

 

“WHY?” 

 

“That’s impossible. Everyone in this school has a crush on you, that’s for sure.” The dance team maknae, Yerim, commented as a matter of fact and received overwhelming agreement from the rest of the crowd. 

 

“Exactly!” Seulgi nods in agreement and raises her arms up in the air dramatically. “Then why? Why wasn’t she happy when the girl of her dreams asked her out in front of the whole school? She even looked...di...” Seulgi could not even say the word out without cringing.

 

“What?” The rest of the members pestered Seulgi to reveal the truth.  

 

“D-Digusted!” 

 

Eve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter