Chapter 3 - Yura

WRITTEN IN THE STARS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Run!... Run! Ahyoung-ie run!" I ran as fast as possible as I can. It's dark and I couldn't watch my step cleared. A sound of many steps a group of men who chased me closer and everything disappeared instantly. 

I open my eyes while my bad dreams ended. The bad dreams that always haunted me. It's dark and made me scared. The child's memories of the past always haunted me in a dream.

Sunlight from the corner of the window made me realize that this was the morning. My body was a little sweat after a nightmare. I wake up and see my graduation photo from elementary school to junior high school at a table across my bed. I'm not alone there, Jonghyun is always beside me with his flat expression. And today is my graduation day from high school so there will be one more photo on my desk. 

I go downstairs after I got ready. I am a little bit surprised look Jonghyun sit on the dining table. He was neat with his uniform while enjoying a cup of tea and a slice of wheat bread with smoked beef which was his favorite. 

"You're really pretty today.." My view immediately turned to Mr. Jun who stood not far from the stairs. 

I smiled a little and greeted him. He said that today he will be with me and Jonghyun on the day of graduation with Mrs. Jane. It's not strange since it's always been like that. 

"Morning.." I greet him and sit in front of him. I glanced at him while taking my piece of bread. 

"I heard you will give a speech today.."

"If you heard it then don't ask me.." response him cold. 

I rolled my eyes, "it's cool then.."

"I am touched to see that you graduated again. It's like I just took your little hand ... " said Mr. Jun came to us and showed his new camera. Mrs. Jane agrees and feeling excited. They're prepared a gift for us that made me happier inside even I am not showing them. 

"You shouldn't do this ... " Said Jonghyun while opened a little box the as same me. He looked excited.

A necklace with a star-shaped pendant looks so pretty in my eyes that it's not even gold or silver. I've never this happy received a gift. 

"My son made it by himself just for you," said him as a wink. 

"it's not my style but thank you," 

"It's a gift, you have to appreciate it.." glared him.

" I don't say that I don't like it.."

"But I am worried I will find it in the trash.."

Mr. Jun tried to calm him and said it's okay even it will be like that. 

"Then I will make sure you never know where I will throw this out... "

He just rolled his eyes and I looked at Jonghyun who got a bracelet. He looks happy and grateful. "I don't know how to say this but I appreciated it. It's cool!" 

" It just a simple bracelet.," said Mr. Jun.

"Can we finish this fast and go to school before it's late?" I said looked a both of them.

*********

Jonghyun goes on stage and gives a speech as a student representative. I give him applause like the others. He looks cool and calm. I looked at him with admiration. Mr. Jun and Mrs. Jane wiped their tears like they're his parents. 

And we are graduated from this school. I am not a student anymore. 

Mr. Jun dan Mrs. Jane dragging us to take pictures together. They keep telling us to get closer and closer again. Jonghyun embracing my shoulder with a stiff smile on his face. I glanced at him and smiled at the camera. Maybe it's our first photo with he smiled even so stiff.

We are attending a graduation party in the night at a backyard school. It's boring since I don't have memories that I have to remember here. They're laughed, crying, and take pictures while asking for autographs with each other. 

Jonghyun seems busy around the girls who asked him for a photo. I wonder if we are not hating each other and what would be today happen? But actually, I never hate him.

I sighed and looked at the skies. Suddenly remembered Seunggi who not called me for a week because he studied hard for tests entered university. He will pass it.

"Kim Yura-ssi.." a nerd boy with glasses suddenly approached me. He looked shyly and offered me a letter. I am flustered.

I just wondering looked at him and received his letter. A letter looked cute and it touched me. It's my first time got a love letter.

"Whoaaa what is this?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter