Come What May

Worth It
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

"Rena....Rena, hey wake up!"

Rena's eyes shot wide open as two more tears escaped down her face. She stared up at Eunwoo before letting a soft sigh escape .

Slightly confused, Eunwoo sat on the bed next to her, "...did you have another nightmare?" She asked softly as she moved the hair away from Rena's eyes.

"No." Rena sat up and scooted back against the headboard before wiping her eyes. "I saw them...both of them..." Rena spoke with a small smile on her face.

"...both of them?" Eunwoo questioned.

Rena nodded as a few more tears trickled down her cheeks. "Both Elly and my father...for the first time I...I saw them together in my dream. They were both smiling, they looked so....happy."

Eunwoo smiled brightly as she held onto Rena's hand, "Then they are exactly where they are meant to be...together..." she spoke as she used her thumb to wipe away the tears on her friends face. "Perhaps this is finally the sign you needed..."

"Sign?" Rena looked at Eunwoo slightly puzzled.

"The sign for you to start living....that it's okay for you to be happy...because you my friend, deserve the world and so much more."

Rena smiled contently at her friend as she brushed her hair behind her ears, "Thank you Eunwoo...for everything....I mean it..."

"Hey now, no need to go getting all sentimental on me now young lady! You know I'll always have your back, it's what sisters do!" Eunwoo wore a huge grin as she showed a thumbs up.

"...and don't you go turning into a cheese ball!"

***

Knock Knock

"Come in!"

The door to Minkyung's office slowly crept open as Rena quietly peeked her head through.

"How can I help you?" Minkyung asked without looking up from the paper work she was meticulously sifting through. Rena quietly chuckled to herself as she stood in the doorway, simply admiring the woman in front of her.

Not hearing a response, Minkyung glanced up then smiled widely before hopping up out of her seat and walking towards her unexpected guest. "It's barely after 7, what are you doing here so early!?"

"Tada!" Rena pulled her hands from behind her back with a smile plastered on her face as she handed one of the tall cups of coffee to Minkyung.

"You woke up early just to bring me coffee? You should have slept some more instead silly!" Minkyung smiled widely as she planted a kiss on Rena's forehead before taking a sip from her coffee. "It is very much appreciated though, you always seem to know when I need a pick-me-up!"

A blush quickly crept over Rena's cheeks as she had her own cup clasped between her hands, "I also wanted to share the good news with you..." Rena spoke before taking a drink.

"Good news?" Minkyung's brows rose in suprise.

Rena nodded her head as she pointed to her coffee cup, "You're now looking at the new manager of DreamU Lounge!

"What!? That's great news!" Minkyung said boisterously. She quickly linked her arm with Rena's and pulled her into her office, leading them to the sofa beside her desk. "How did it happen?" she asked with a smile still plastered on her face.

Rena chuckled as she set her coffee down on the table. "I'm the one that got the job, but you seem more excited about it than me..." she spoke giving a coy smile. Minkyung stiffled a laugh and set her coffee down on the table next to Rena's. She crossed her legs and folded her hands, resting them ontop of her knees. "Of course I'm excited! You get to be a manager while working around great people, so I don't have to worry about you!"

"Working around great people?" Rena stared at her

Please log in to read the full chapter