Forever is only the beginning

Worth It
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Eunwoo, what am I going to do!?" Rena faceplanted onto the couch and shoved her head underneath a pillow. "I think I took your advice a little to the extreme..." A low mumble could be heard from beneath the cushion.

"I'd say...I want to know how you manged to quit your job and score a date all within an hour!" Eunwoo chuckled at the awkward position Rena's body was in as she went over and slapped her on the . "Normally, this would be a cause for concern....but considering the circumstances, I'm really proud of you Rena."

"Really?" came another muffled voice. Rena dug herself out of the cushion and sat up, resting herself against the armrest.

"Yes really! Have you seen yourself lately? That cafe was going to be the death of you, just look at all those cuts and scratches! Besides, if you had stayed long enough for that sorry excuse of a man to hurt you one more time...I'd probably be in jail by now!"

Rena stared at Eunwoo in awe before grabbing her and pulling her into a bone crushing bear hug, "How did I get so lucky to have you in my life? I looooooveeee youuu!!!!"

"Hey! let go! Save this cheesiness for your doctor friend!" Eunwoo screeched as she tried pushing Rena away by the forehead. Rena's grip quickly loosened and her face turned pale white as she sank back into the couch, "Oh my g.....Eunwoo! What do I do!? I've never been on a date before! What am I supposed to do? What am I supposed to wear!? I...I can't do this!" Her heart was rapidly beating while her gaze seemed to be lost in space somewhere.

"Rena, relax!" Eunwoo grabbed onto her shoulders and looked into her eyes,  "Just be yourself, that's the best thing you could possibly do. I've never met this Minkyung, but by the way your eyes seem to sparkle when you talk about her...I'm sure things will go just fine."

"They do not!" Rena quickly cupped her reddened cheeks as she pouted towards Eunwoo.

"Hey Miss Pouty face, you're phone just went off..." Eunwoo chuckled as she grabbed Rena's phone from the coffee table and tossed it at her.

MinMIn: We're still meeting at 4:30 right?

Rena's eyes widened as she looked at the time, 3:50 p.m. "Crap!"

Rena: Yes! 4:30, I Will definitely be there!

MinMIn: Great! See you soon! ;)

"Ack! Eunwoo....make me presentable!!!"

It's only been two days since Rena snapped and quit her job. Quite honestly, it was probably the best decision she has made for herself in quite some time. Ever since her sister passed away four years ago, she had been in a downward spiral of self hate and surrounding herself in a toxic environment. With all the rumors going on about her around town, she truly believed that she owed Seung-Hyun a big debt for hiring her on at the cafe. He had abused her feeling of gratitude and used it against her, constantly making her feel as though she were worthless and that her livelihood was thanks to him.

In a way, Rena was thankful for being able to work at the cafe. She was thankful with the fact that it brought her an angel sent from heaven, as she would like to say. She was happy and content with having just Eunwoo on her side, but Minkyung was different. It was hard to put into words. If soulmates do exist, then Rena believes she has found hers. It astonishes her how quickly she is able to relax when the older girl is simply in her presence. With just one smile, her negative thoughts seem to vanish and with one touch....oh how quickly one simple touch can revitalize her whole being. Two days have passed, yet Rena has felt alive more in these two days than she has in the past three years.

4:25....Whew, I made it! Rena looked up and squinted her eyes as she read the sign on the building, DreamU Lounge Cafe....That's an....interesting choice of a name...She was lost in thought before the chime of her phone snapped her back to reality.

MinMin: I didn't want to interrupt...although you look extremely adorable out there, I'd much rather you join me inside :)

A blush quickly overtook Rena's face as she looked through the window, spotting Minkyung waving at her with a smile plastered on her face. She swollowed hard, trying to calm her nerves before finally reaching for the door and pulling it open.

The DreamU Lounge Cafe was twice the size of the Black Mamba Cafe, Rena was in awe as she stepped in, taking in the relaxed ambience of the place. There were soft ballad songs being played over the speakers at a low volume, just loud enough to be counted as background noise for those who are reading a book, working on their computers, or simply j

Please log in to read the full chapter