Take Me Back 1/3

Passage of Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi doesn’t really remember their first interaction, but she remembers the moment she realized that she would never be able to forget her.

It wasn’t love at first sight. To be honest, it was a lackluster first meeting. Seungwan was just another girl in her high school chemistry class who ended up being her lab partner. To say the least, there wasn’t much chemistry between them.

Seungwan was much more precise with her work while Seulgi just went with the flow. Unfortunately for them, the two ended up having to stay after school to clean their classroom when Seulgi accidentally poured hydrogen peroxide instead of water into their beaker before Seungwan could stop her. 

Seulgi’s busy wiping down the white board while Seungwan is cleaning down test tubes when she finally apologizes.

“Sorry about that.” She runs her hand through her hair.

“I should've read my bottle labels better before I poured anything."

Seungwan smiles at her, “No worries. At least the exploision was pink, was pretty to see and it was the most exciting experiment I’ve ever been a part of.”

Seulgi raises an eyebrow, “Exciting?”

Seungwan picks up another test tube and sticks out her tongue while she wipes off a smudge with a kim wipe.

“Yeah. I mean I like science, but everything’s always a theory. People just tell you what kind of reaction could happen if you did this, but that was the first time I’ve seen it in action. Honestly I wish our regular experiments were that interesting instead of stupid titrations.”

Seulgi smiles and continues to wipe down the board before moving to the desk near Seungwan.

The two continue to talk for the rest of the day, forgetting about the task at hand and leaving half of the room unclean with a very angry teacher the following morning telling them that they’re getting a weeks worth of detention.

The two shrug and simply take their punishment.

Luckily for them there is no teacher after school, just a junior named Irene who tells them to go do whatever they wanted for the next hour and to come back before time is up.

The two quickly scurry off and end up in the music room.

Seungwan quickly walks towards a guitar sitting in the corner of the room.

“Do you play?”

“Somewhat. You?”

“A little.”

Seungwan hands the guitar over to the taller girl, “Show me what you got.”

The two spend the next hour playing with different instruments, which is a lot for Seungwan. The girl was extremely talented with a flute and Seulgi could watch her play for hours and they nearly forget that they’re doing this as a punishment. When they see the time, they quickly put everything away and run back to find Irene standing in the doorway with her hand on her hips.

“Hurry up, I got a bus to catch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter