Milestones 2/2

Passage of Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: There's another quote in here from Jodi Picoult, let me know if you know what it is(:

--

It was your first day in kindergarten when Suga snatched your hamster plushie that you brought for naptime. As the tears were falling from your face, you heard the boy wince in pain as you watched a girl kick him in the shin. She brought ‘manen’ back to you and before you could open your mouth to say thanks, the teacher yelled for Seulgi to go sit in a corner for a timeout.

--

It was the day before Seulgi’s birthday party when you dragged your mom into Build a Bear and stuffed one so full you could barely put in the heart. You hugged the bear tight and poured all your love into it.

You hoped when the other girl held it, she would think of you.

But she didn’t.

Instead, she took out the stuffed animal and put it to the side and moved onto opening other presents. You watched her eyes light up when she opened Sunmi’s gift and you couldn’t help but frown when you saw that it was a barbie.

Seulgi didn’t like barbies.

--

You were ten when you were riding your bicycle and hit a rock. You winced as you got up and saw Seulgi running towards you.

She insisted on carrying you back home and eventually you agreed.

Two hours, ten breaks and one mile later, you were finally on your couch missing the warmth of Seulgi’s back and both your bikes long forgotten on the side of the road.

--

You were twelve when you saw Jimin peck Seulgi on the lips. You watched as he high-fived his friends and Seulgi wiped her lips with the back of her hand.

She stormed off and you followed, but not before you grabbed Jimin by the shirt and told him to never do that again.

--

A few weeks later, you started hearing rumors at school about Seulgi and Sunmi.

You were at lunch when you saw a boy trip Seulgi and she dropped her tray of food. You weren’t a violent person, but you didn’t think twice when you went up and slapped him.

You pulled her towards the playground and soon she’s crying into your shoulder. You felt your heart ache as she confided with you.

She thought she was filthy, but you couldn’t think of someone more pure.

She hated herself, but you couldn’t think of someone you loved more.

So later that day you confronted Sunmi and told her to stay away from Seulgi and that she would regret it if she spread anymore rumors.

The next day, you heard whispers and that afternoon, someone tripped you and you took it, so long as it meant protecting her.

--

It was your first day of high school when you saw Seulgi sitting alone in the cafeteria. You smiled when her eyes lit up and she offered you some of her lunch. It becomes a regular thing and you eat together every day.

That is, until Sooyoung shows up, and Yeri follows soon after.

One day, Joohyun comes and suddenly there’s no more room for you.

So you stop coming to lunch. You stay in the classroom when the bell rings and it becomes routine to eat at your desk alone.

--

You’re fifteen when Eric comes along. He asks you to be his girlfriend a month later and you say yes.

You’re no longer alone and for awhil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter