Milestones 1/2

Passage of Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was your fifth birthday party when Seungwan bought you a teddy bear as a present. You forgot to thank her as you cast it aside and opened other gifts, all the while missing the frown that appeared on her face. 

--

You were twelve when you realized you liked girls. Jimin kissed you after being dared and you were left feeling dirty. While everyone cheered, you couldn’t help but wish it had been Sunmi instead. Your crush was a secret until one day the two of you were alone in a classroom and you confessed your feelings. You expected to be accepted, but instead the latter looked at you with disgust before walking away.

The next day at school you felt everyone’s eyes on you. 

During lunch, someone tripped you and called you a lesbian. You were embarrassed and couldn’t look up until you heard a slap. You see Seungwan yelling at the person to apologize and threatening to go to the principal. You barely saw the boy bow and mumble sorry when Seungwan grabbed your hand and pulled you away. 

Five minutes later, you two were sitting outside in the playground as you bawled your eyes out. You felt filthy and hated yourself. You expected Seungwan to leave, but instead she hugged you and told you that you were perfect just the way you are. 

She promised to protect you at school and while you didn't believe her, no one said anything to you after that day. 

--

It was your first day of high school when you were sitting in the cafeteria alone and Seungwan sits down to keep you company. You two start eating lunch together regularly until you make new friends. Soon the table is filled with Sooyoung, Yeri and Joohyun with no seats left for Seungwan. She doesn’t say anything as she walks away and you continue chatting with your friends. You ignore the pang of guilt you feel when you don’t see her in the cafeteria the following day, or the days after that. 

--

It was your sixteenth birthday when Joohyun asked you out in front of everyone and you squealed. You had a crush on her since you met her and couldn’t believe that you were finally dating the girl of your dreams. Everyone clapped and cheered for the two of you. You were so engrossed with your new girlfriend and the feeling of finally being accepted that you didn’t notice Seungwan slipping out the back door ten minutes later. 

--

It was the week before prom when Joohyun decided to break thing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter