Start of something bigger?

I've fallen for you, right?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bold words are in Japanese. 

------------

 

It felt like hell. 

No. It was hell for Chaeyeon himself.

The ongoing teasing from his mates for being the first in bringing the transfer student to infirmary was okay, it totally was. 

But to not see Sakura for two consecutive days? He would rather get himself electrocuted while being fully submerged in water. 

Well. Maybe not. 

But, one would understand his struggles. 

It sent him to a small state of anxiety seeing how his seat buddy is nowhere to be found all the way to lunch, a few days back. And then came the helpful little angel, Nako, telling him how Sakura has been given a few days off on not to strain her injured ankle anymore than it should— they are the transfer students from another country, surely, the school have to take extra care for them. 

That brought a sense of relief to him knowing that Sakura is just resting her days away in the dorm and not being in some random guy's van, getting kidnapped for her beauty and temporary of a disability. 

“You know- I can let the old guy drop some rules down if you want to meet her” voiced Yena out with a cheeky grin towards the latter, so suddenly that the whole idea throws Chaeyeon away with eyes widened, as if wanting him to be truthful with what he is saying. 

“What. Isn't that impossible-”

“Nothing is impossible when you're friends with the son of the person who runs the entire school, my dude. Nothing is.” Yena cuts him off, now going straight to sling his arm around the latter's neck out of habit, leaving Yuri to roll her eyes at their never ending ridiculous plans.

“Oh shut up. You're saying that like I'm trying to see my crush. Which is not- ” Chaeyeon mumbled under his breath, almost inaudible before continuing with Yena still giving him that mysterious grin. “If anything, my intention is just wanting to give Sakura her notes. That's all. So wipe that stupid look off your face!”

Chaeyeon is flustered and with a hand on Yena's face to push the latter away, he finally calms down. 

The look that Yena has been giving him makes him mad. He does not like Sakura! Why can't a friend be caring to someone who took their time to study in a foreign land, where everything and everyone might seem like an alien to her? 

Ridiculous. I'm just curious on seeing how she's doing. 

“Mm. Yena, baby, I know you want to help but still, how are you going to escape the watchful lenses of the CCTVs scattered all around the entrance of the dorm?” Yuri looks over to her boyfriend, now shaking her head— Chaeyeon on the side widening his eyes again for the second time, realizing the situation. 

“Yes, maybe you can ask your dad to shut the cameras for a while but that would be too risky for the school, knowing how most of the teenagers are here. It's like that story where the male hamster managed to impregnate all the female hamsters in their enclosure as he broke in— they are just waiting for a chance to come by!”  Her remarks made Yena to laugh out, waving the thought off and to tap the side of his own temple with his fingers, grinning cheekily still as both Yuri and Chaeyeon look at him, puzzled. 

“Oh, Jo Yuri. I got my ways. This is Choi Yena you're talking about, Choi Yena!” 

 

************

 

Sakura is there on the couch, rethinking her life choices.

It bores her mind out how there is nothing fun to do when you are basically a walking, limp legged almost-pirate like kind of way. 

Her lunch was barely satisfactory, even though it was supposed to be the best in the league. She should have brought some instant noodles from Japan. And maybe some umeboshi— pickled plums. Eating onigiri filled with her favourite sour treats maybe would lift her mood slightly, if anything. 

She looks over to the scenery outside on one of the big windows in the house— the view overlooking some of the facilities that the elite high school has with the city looking like they are just within her reach as she hums out, doing some mental checks on what she has been doing today.

To leisure her day away and to stare animatedly at the ceiling for an hour? Done.

Spazzing on videos of cute cats and Red Velvet while chanting their fanchants through the screen? Easy.

Playing rounds and rounds of Fortnite till she is burned out? Her strained eyes shows just that. 

The day has been nowhere near making her ecstatic. Sure, entertainment made her entertained for a while but that is all to this. 

Sighing, she takes a few small glances to the door, silently wishing that both Nako and Hitomi to come bursting through it, hoping that the two would enlighten her on their adventures that happened in school.

She admits to not believing the Koreans at first, hearing from people that the country is a place full of liars and political disputes. That is one of the reasons why she decided to join the program. She have to prove them wrong— members of Red Velvet are Koreans and they are nice. Too nice that they seem like angels to mere mortal like her. Surely the others are too! The people back home are wrong and she will learn the culture and mannerisms here and send it straight to their face— their thoughts are 1000% wrong. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter