Una Dolce Seranata Tenera

Una Dolce Seranata Tenera
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

They could hear them, they could hear their Eris calling for them. Tempo is here in Paradise City. It’s time.

Like in every other performance they’ve had through the years, Junmyeon connects all their hands together to say he’s proud of every single one of them before they find their spots.

Five members down the line, Chanyeol could see Baekhyun bouncing on his feet, hyping himself up. But the arm shaking that follows shows how nervous the man still is.

It was worse last night when his boyfriend couldn’t get any sleep. Baekhyun tried to sneak out of his floor and hide in Chanyeol’s room only to find the other members worrying around their dorm in the wee hours because they know the fans have been waiting for so long. They’re excited, but at the same time they didn’t want to disappoint anyone.

With the exception of Kyungsoo, who was too tired from his own activities and was out like a light, the other members tried to support each other as best they could – from Jongdae making warm milk with a bit cinammon for everyone to Minseok and Junmyeon giving a few pep talks that Jongin and Sehun poked fun at because their hyungs sounded so old just then.

When the others felt sleep calling them, Chanyeol pulls Baekhyun to his room. The man tried to make the members laugh earlier as he often does, but his own jokes never quite reached his eyes. They silently settle under the sheets, Chanyeol with his head resting under his crossed arms and Baekhyun just staring at the ceiling.

Times like these remind them of when they were still roommates, still awake even when they’re not supposed to just because spending time with the other was too much fun, sometimes even getting scolded by their manager for being beyond loud. And even over the years when their burdens have gotten heavier, they’d lean on each other the most, looking up and imagining a clear blue sky or a sea of endless stars in the heavens.

Chanyeol pulls up the covers higher before closing his eyes. “Baekhyunee, we’ll be okay.” He didn’t even move when Baekhyun started to make himself comfortable, his head finding its spot on Chanyeol’s chest.

Up down, up down.

“It’s been so long.” They’ve been at this for some time now, but it doesn’t make him any less nervous. So many what ifs; more than a year of anticipation and it only takes a second, one mistake to make everything unravel. “Maybe I should just stay up all night so my throat won’t get swollen.” And he’s about to get up again to leave, but the warm hand over his makes him pause.

“If that’s what you think you need to do, I won’t stop you. For now, just lie here with me awhile,” Chanyeol wraps an arm around Baekhyun’s waist, pulling him closer. “Just close your eyes and sing our songs in your head. Although I recommend the ninth track of our un-repackaged album because it has the slowest tempo.”

And even though Baekhyun only got two hours’ worth of shut eye, he woke up with a smile on his face anyway, especially when Chanyeol’s is the first one he sees.

They had no trouble getting to Incheon, the people working with them are just as excited as they are, plus the group felt great and performed well during sound check. They can do this.

Chanyeol waits for their eyes to meet before smiling, a silent cheer shared between the two of them before they line up properly. Baekhyun knows they all have his back no matter what happens.

The members grin as one by one they feel Sehun’s traditional slap on the bum a few seconds before their cue, nerves ebbing away as the music starts.

They’ve missed this. All of it. Everyone.

Every time EXO meets EXO-Ls with something new is always a happy time.

Ooh La La La certainly helped everyone loosen up. Chanyeol felt proud when Baekhyun opened strong, no trace of hesitance, and he may or may not have almost missed a step when the body rolls started.

But they make it through, feeling much more like themselves seeing how much the fans have welcomed them. Or in Kyungsoo’s words, their results came out well today.

“First place!” Junmyeon adds.

Kyungsoo chuckles. “Ah, yes! First place! Thank you so much, everyone.” He bows, heart lips growing wider.

They talk of how amazing it is that they finally got to show a different side of themselves to

Please log in to read the full chapter