Three

I Hate My Ex

Kibum gathered his stuffs around his suitcase: toothbrush, underwears, shirts, sunglasses, everything was there. He meticulously put everything in it and closed it, letting a sigh out of his lungs. He was so ready for Paris. Maybe it’d be the best week of his life. He was imagining himself walking by night, visiting all the chic restaurants and bars he could with Hyeongseop as a date. Or go to the movie theater and watch some movies in French, their hands intertwined together. He was so excited.

 

From Taeminnie:

“wAKE uP hYUnG its d-DAY!!!!!”

 

Kibum took a peek at his phone, half-opening his eyes. 6:25. He sat on his bed, ruffling his blonde locks when he heard his phone vibrate on his chest of drawers.

 

Taeminnie is calling…

 

He pressed the green button and gave a little cough before taking the call.

“Hm?”

“Wow I see you just woke up.”

“Yeah.”

“Just wanted to ask you if you had someone to bring you over? If not we can pick you up with Jinki hyung.”

“It’s okay. I don’t want to disturb him.” he made a pause to scratch his head. “I’ll call Seop.

“Okay. See you there then.”
 

Reaching Hyeongsop’s car aka Hyeongseop’s noona, he dropped off his heavy suitcase in the car’s boot and sat next to his boyfriend. He didn’t have the strength to talk. He was way too tired of what happened yesterday in front of his front door and only slept a few hours after 2am. He was thinking about his situation with Jinki. How could he spend a peaceful week with him in the vicinity? Kibum sighed and put his hand on his chin. He was worried. Should he greet him at the airport? He’ll think I want to be his friend. Should he ignore him? I’m not a kid anymore. What if he comes and talk to me? Let’s just act like I do everyday. Just be yourself.

 

Kibum followed Hyeongseop, rolling his suitcase and not forgetting today to wear a turtleneck shirt because Paris may be cold and for other reasons too.

“Yo Kibum!” Minho shouted along the airport with no shame, doing a come hand gesture.

Kibum warned Hyeongseop that he’d return in a moment, the latter answering with a nod as he took both of their suitcase and headed in the heap of students who waited in line for the check-in. He walked in direction of his friends appearing joyful to see him. Well, except one who seemed to be lost in his own world, his gaze fixed on the crowd.

“Did you already check-in?”

“Yeah! We’ve arrived since a long time.” Taemin answered, a little bit too enthusiastic for such an early morning but it pleased him somehow.

He tried for better or worse to avoid looking at Jinki during their finally conversation of 3: Minho, Taemin and him while the oldest was just scrolling through his phone. He was quiet and closed to the outside. It was way more worse that yesterday in his car and almost disturbing. Is he angry? Why is he acting like that? Anyway why did he even cared, a few minutes ago in the car he was thinking about how he’d ignore him. He had what he wanted, Jinki was even making the job easier. He had to left everything behind. No more Jinkis in his mind, only Hyeongseop, parties, friends and having fun. 

“I think I should help Hyeongseop with the luggage. See you there.” Kibum waved his friends and caught up his boyfriend sitting next to the gate, sipping his green tea.

 

Kibum slumped next to him and sipped in his cup under Hyeongseop’s mistrustful gaze the second he laid his lips on his cup.

“Sorry I’m dehydrated.”

“I know right, you look pale.”

“Really?” He was just saying this for fun though. Kibum took his phone out of his pocket, sliding his screen to open the camera app and admire his clear but weary skin, moving his phone from the left to the right side. He looked awful but everyone had imperfections, right? Apart from that, he thought he was pretty cute and stylish.

“Kibum we all know you’re beautiful. Stop looking at yourself like this.”

Kibum pouted and was ready to put his phone into his pocket when suddenly his mom called him. He learned her the principle of Facetime yesterday, and she was already put it into practice. He lifted his phone and waved cheerily toward the camera.

“My son, you look beautiful as always, even in that black shirt.” her compliments always made Kibum happy. “I hope you’re not wearing your black ripped jean.”

Kibum lowered his gaze at his pants and looked guiltily at the screen. “I like it though…”

“Oh my god, what do I do? Your aunt told me to tell you not to wear that. She said thugs wear these!”

“ Mom, it’s called trendy. It’s a trendy jean.”

“Then if you say it, it may be okay. But make sure you take some pictures without the thug jeans when you wear it! I want to share some pictures of your trip with the family.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll make sure I don’t send you pictures of me wearing these.”

“Between, where is my son-in-law?”

“Hyeongseop’s there.” Kibum turned the phone to Hyeongseop, both filling the whole screen, looking like a newlywed couple talking to their parents.

“Hello ajumeonni!”

“Hello Hyeongseop-ssi. What a good and pretty boy you are. Please take care of my son!”

“Don’t worry I’ll do my best. He’ll have great memories to tell you when he’s back.”

“Your flight is soon, I’ll let you go. See you soon my sons. I love you!”

His mother liked Hyeongseop but who didn’t like him? He was godlike, considerate, sweet and generous. He was all Kibum researched and apparently for his mom too.

 

Unsurprisingly, the love birds were sitting together in the plane that was filling up slowly but surely with all their classmates. Taemin, Minho and Jinki were sitting in the middle of the plane, the fourth chair still empty but taken up a few minutes later by Luna, one of his classmates, dragged by the oldest.

Here he was, sleeping 12 hours straight on Hyeongseop’s shoulder who was trying in vain to wake him up for the food without any success.

• • • • • • •

Paris was a beautiful and bright city, especially at night. When they arrived, they had the time to visit some monuments and famous places such as the Eiffel Tower and Notre-Dame de Paris. The day was fun even if the teachers were irritated because of the hectic attitude of the students, making fun of every sculpture’s funny face they saw in Notre-Dame but this situation was only making it more entertaining. That night they also had the luck to eat French gastronomy dishes in a prestigious restaurant before joining their amazing hotel. They were so lucky. Well thinking about that, it was pretty normal to have this kind of service since the students paid a lot for this trip.

 

One of their teacher clapped in front of the building to catch everyone’s attention. “Everyone listen! We’ve decided to assign each room ourselves.” the street was filled with the students’ complaining. “Maybe next time you should think forward of your behaviour. You were awful!”

 

That’s how Kibum ended sleeping in the same room as Jinki. Well, not really. It was more in the same room as Jinki’s luggage. He thought that maybe Jinki would come back that night. He did, but only to get his underwears, not even throwing a glance at him as he was some kind of dirty rejected ghost. He really hated sleeping alone without his plushie and even less in a foreign country. The storm made Kibum huddle more to his duvet. Maybe this was a sign of God.

When at 3:00 he still couldn’t fall asleep, he decided to call Hyeongseop, hoping he was watching some movies on his phone like he did every night and not sleeping because he was too jet lagged.

“Kibum? You’re not sleeping?” Hyeongseop whispered through the phone, his voice still clear as ever.

“Please come. I’m scared.”

“I’m coming.”

 

Everything became so peaceful the moment he laid his head on Hyeongseop’s chest, his slow and calm heartbeat filling his ear.

“Thank you.”

“It’s okay.” he whispered, playing with the blonde’ hair and curling them around his finger. “Jinki’s not sleeping there?”

“He was.” he stared at the luxurious wall in front of him. “Maybe you can sleep here tomorrow.”

“Yeah I’d be glad to.”

The second and the third night was as perfect as the first one, the couple having the room only for them and cuddling together, watching some French tv shows they didn’t even understand.

 

-------------------------------

 

Hey everyone! Here's the third chapter. There's not a lot of onkey in this one but it's coming little by little! Feel free to give any thoughts about the chapter or even on the whole story or anything else, it's always good to read what the readers have to say :D love u all !

 

ps: next chapter is coming next week, most likely before wednesday