Wicked Little Creature

Frosted Summer

Rosé's head was thumping hard from last night's havoc. Just when she thought it was her head, she had forgotten about the RnB and Electro music blasting from her speaker louder than the siren's wailing.

 

Sometimes, the neighbour would walked up to her front door and knocked her back into her senses with their same old lecturing. Rosé was wrong by the way, she thought she'll be waking up to see a blood boiled neighbour but instead her sister -Alice showed up looking innocent as ever.

 

"What are you doing here?" Alice looked at Rosé, clearly offended but the latter was too occupied with her throbbing headache to care.

 

Rosé then wondered what in the world happened to her sister that she had to fly to Britain and what, just to see her? The purposes of technology would've been kaput.

 

"Did you have more offending greetings?" Alice barked back, "I'm here because of work." Alice cut Rosé off before she could speak another word. "And..." Alice look away, to Rosé it was not a good sign at all, like she had came with a bad news to ruined her already almost perfect summer.

 

It's either because Rosé didn't have her glasses on or her not fully sober head was taking it's effect. Most probably, both. Rosé was confused and practically screamed at her sister through her eyes with that wide open with confusion and worries.

 

"No-... you're not.?" Rosé started nervously her voice was desperate for a denial as she take her eyes off the little girl in her sister's hand.

 

"I have a really, really. Important meeting." Alice reasoned and Rosé scoffed, she disappeared into her living room, following behind her was her sister and of course, her niece.

 

"You could've at least notify me" groaned Rosé as she picks up the beer cans that scatter around and there's even cup instead noodles on the table. It looks very untidy and pratically a whole mess.

 

"You have a husband." Argued Rosé, she didn't planned or never ever have the thought of taking care of her niece this summer. Rosé had planned for beach party and so on and now she had to babysit her niece for God's sake! Alice need to buy her a manual book for that beforehand.

 

"Who is going overseas for business," Alice said calmly, she run her hand over the speaker and turned it down. 

 

"There's mum... and dad" Rosé uses the height of her kitchen table to block the little creature whom staring at her with those cute chubby cheeks and very korean-ish face.

 

"Who is too old to take care of this hyper child of-" Rosé raised her hands up to stop her sister from talking further.

 

"I get it." Rosé sighed and so does Alice, she give Rosé one of those pleading looks and says, "I don't want to do this either, but I trust you more than anyone elses." Rosé nodded. Rosé couldn't argue because it was her sister afterall plus it was only for a week and then she'll have her usual summer back.

 

 

"Haiiiiieeeee~ what's your name, cutie?" Asked the tall silver haired lass to the little girl that was rumaging Rosé's stuff in the box.

 

"Ella," the girl timidly replied. The brunette turned to the other pink haired girl and run towards her then she wrapped her little arms around Rosé's legs. "Can I play with this, please?" Ella asked as she bring up the walkman to her crown. "Carry on, sweetie" Rosé then helped Ella with the walkman after sitting the little girl on the chair.

 

"So what are you going to do with her?" Lisa,  A.K.A Rosé's bestfriend and adviser had drove straight to her apartment after she received an 'S.O.S' message from Rosé in the middle of cleaning the dishes.

 

"Take care of her, of course!" groaned Rosé frustratedly, like what else should she do with this child? Send her to the child-care station? Alice will have her body down in the dump.

 

"But look at her, chipmunk!" Lisa pointed at the little girl who was sitting on the chair of the dining table, clearly had forgotten about the world when she was so immerse with the walkman.

 

"There's is nothing wrong with kids listening to walkman!" Lisa looked at her bewildered, "Excuse me?"

 

"If you didn't listen to walkman and be indulged into it then you are the one who's weird." with that Rosé slapped Lisa's forehead for her stupidity and the latter rubbing her already redden forehead, easing the current pain.

 

"She's what? Nine or maybe eight!" ranted Lisa, with much exaggerating moves with her hands. "Shut it, Lisa. And she's ten!" defended Rosé, she might not fancy her niece's pressence but that doesn't mean she won't back her up.

 

"You know what, how about I take care of her? Jisoo would love to take care of kids!" said Lisa excitedly but Rosé declined the offer politely, "I rather keep my head then have it under the bowl when Alice came back" Lisa agree, Alice might look really fragile and soft like Rosé but she's one hell of a woman.

 

But then again, Rosé wasn't out of trouble yet, "So what about the party?" Rosé grimaced, she almost forgot she was throwing a party at her own place. Double ed.

 

"It's still on." Rosé answered uncertaintly after a brief silence. "It's on." nodded Rosé confidently this time. Lisa doesn't know whether that was a good idea or definitely the worst. 

 

-

 

Rosé noticed that Ella had a thing for vintage especially cameras, manual cameras and walkman was her favorite. Rosé saw how her eyes lit up when Rosé pulled out the manual camera out of her treasure box that evening.

 

Ella looks like she could burst in happiness and she refuses to put down the camera unless, she needed to go to the loo. Rosé didn't know how to take care of kids, but she will try her best with this child of Park. 

 

After Ella had eaten her dinner, Rosé put her to bed around 9 because her friends will start to fill her house in 11 sharp. Rosé played Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. 

 

Rosé watches little Ella slowly drift to dreamland. She didn't know how long she had been doing it until her alarm reminded her about tonight's event. Rosé carefully sneaked out of the bed, she tuck Ella in neatly and even switched on the air condition so that Ella won't feel the hot summer in Britain. Rosé then lock her bedroom door from inside, with this no one can go in, Rosé then kept the keys at the back of her pocket. Rosé busied herself with ballons that was arranged as : Party Animals. The concept for the party was animal. Yeah.

 

Tons or maybe gallons of beers and wine that she kept in the store a month before summer was worth the wait, well only the wine. The beer was brought yesterday. The liquor has finally being displayed outside in her living room, she was sure that this is going to be the best party everyone ever been to. Rosé gives the best parties and she knows it.

 

"20 minutes more, hopefully the music doesn't woke Ella up." Rosé checked on Ella one last time, Ella has the headphones on and the same music kept on playing, because it's walkman. Rosé turned up the music and watches Ella reaction but the kid was sleeping soundly so that's settled.

 

5 minutes before her doors opened, she changed into her tight playboy suits with the black bunny ears on top of her head as a crown as she masked herself with the same black leather. Her bedroom doors as locked and the key is safe in her hands.

 

The bells rang exactly at 11 and the music had already bombared the whole building, people with random mask of animal and probably in costumes came in without waiting to be invited because they all are. Rosé wasted herself, drink after drink had made her forgotten about the little kid in her bedroom. That's what alcohol did to the drinker, the liquid burns down to her stomach, she was sure she'll get another hangover or worse than that.

 

 

Ella didn't know what time was it, she was still sleepy but was begging for water, usually her Alice mummy would prepare her water by the bed but maybe she had forgotten to tell that to Rosé.

 

When she opened up her headphones the music from this morning was playing again. Ella hopped of the bed carefully and walked towards the door, she turned the door knobbed and the music not just get louder but the atmosphere was frightful. Human body with animal heads were all in the hall and living room. Ella peeked her head through but she can't see her aunt.

 

Ella ran towards the living room only to see Rosé drinking what seems the 13th glass or something. Ella tried calling her out through the electro music, 'Rosé unnie' countless time but to no avail.

 

Just then a guy with wolf head saw her and was walking towards her. Ella seems to noticed him too, she screamed but it was buried by the loud music. Rosé was pretty much wasted to see anything, and so does everyone elses. Ella ran. She ran with all her heart and where her tiny legs lead her to. 

 

 

As expected, Rosé woked up with a heavy headache and an upset stomach. Rosé shooed everybody that left in her apartment out and tuned down the music. Rosé didn't bother to check on Ella and jogged directly towards the bathroom, vomitting every liquid she had take last night.

 

Rosé's throat burns so does her nose that eventually was sort of vomitting too. Rosé flushed the disgusting she had thrown but something didn't feel right. She could feel a tug in the pit of her stomach.

 

Rosé turn to her back facing the jacuzzi that was shield by a blur screen. Rosé could hear someone snorring inside so she slide it open.

 

Rosé felt her stomach churned up in guilt as she saw her niece was sleeping in the cold jacuzzi, probably through out the night. Rosé quickly craddle the little Ella in her hands and she felt cold sweat running down her forehead. Ella's body was cold, she was shivering and inched closed to Rosé for warmth.

 

'I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry' Rosé chanted like a mantra in her head and unfortunately those words remained in that very same place every second she held Ella in her shaking hands.

 

It appears that last night Ella was hiding in the bathroom away from the werewolve guy who waited outside the bathroom. It was Lisa who explained it after Rosé phoned Jisoo, because she was the werewolve only that she looked like a guy because it was dark.

 

Lisa wanted to approach the freaking out little Ella but accidentally frighten her more with her looks. Lisa tried to comfort her but with her drunken self, Lisa was crawling towards the bathroom because she was so close to dreamland and indeed slept outside the bathroom until Rosé shooed her out.

 

Ella was still shaking with silent tears rolled down her cheek, Rosé was still craddling Ella on her lap, Jisoo and Lisa came by shortly because of Rosé's frantic voice message saying the girl was experiencing trauma.

 

"She's just shocked," Jisoo wince at the little girl's temperature before turning to Rosé, "looks like you had to stop partying for a while." adviced Jisoo.

 

Rosé nodded obediently to Lisa's surprise, Jisoo eyed the little girl in Rosé's arm with a glint of suspicious that Lisa was accustomed to. Jisoo face to her right to gaze at Lisa before her eyes sets Rosé again, "Ella...  -she's.." Jisoo hesitates when she saw how Lisa eyes widen in panic.

 

"She's what?" Asked Rosé still worried about the girl in her hand, she didn't mind sparring Jisoo a glance.

 

"She's... really cute" Jisoo said which made Rosé smiled earnestly. Lisa shot Jisoo a warning look before soften her gaze when Rosé turn to look at them, "I thought I'm going to die in this situation." Said Rosé truthfully.

 

"Being a mother must be hard," Jisoo chipped then Lisa elbowed Jisoo silently and glare at her again.

 

"Yeah," Rosé being oblivious of the current situation paid no mind to them Rosé kissed Ella's forehead, hoping that it will to comfort the little one.

 

 

That evening, despite the throbbing headache she get, Rosé brought Ella to disneyland. It's a price to pay for her guilt and a bribe to the creature to not report anything to Alice and it work.

 

"What do you want to play?" Rosé knelt down on one knee and helped to straighten the crease on Ella's clothes.

 

"THE ROLLER-COASTER" Ella's pitch had reached another octave as excitement kicks in. Rosé cackled, she can't seem to keep her excitement inside her too when Ella did her little jumpso Rosé lifted her up and jumped with her. "Go, go, goo~" cheered Ella.

 

Round and round they go, from one to another, Rosé was close to passing out due to her hangover and the motion sickness after 5 roller-coaster ride she get. Ella on the other hand was fighting back the urge to puke, she had a terrible motion sickness but loves the thrill of high places so much.

 

It was so complicated but she can't help it. The higher the roller coaster took her the higher excitement she gets, but Ella get motion sickness after a ride but she pushes herself that she ended up sicker.

 

Eventually, Rosé and Ella walked along the beach for some fresh air. Ella hanging on her back and she can't put her down because Ella refuses to. Ella would whine and get cranky but Rosé didn't mind because she knows Ella was not feeling well.

 

"How 'bout we go home after?" Ella nodded tiredly. On their way up to Rosé's apartment, Rosé had Ella back-hugging her, or choking her due to her small short arms.

 

"Nggh- grrhh almost...almosst- gah" Rosé groan in relief when they finally arrived at her floor. The lift went out of order, so she had to use the stairs.

 

Climbing through hundres of stairs with Ella on her back was tiring as hell. Ella giggled and somehow her pale face had turned to pinkish red again. "Welcome back, rascal." Ella giggled while Rosé was putting on an annoyed face but they're both getting along pretty well.

 

"Lets go to the park tomorrow?" suggest Ella with hyping excitement. "The one on the tenth floor?" asked Rosé, gasping for air. 

 

"Yes. That one" confirmed Ella.

 

"Yeah okay- but I have stuff going at night" replied Rosé without giving Ella an apologetic smile or whatsoever as she search for the keys in her bag. 

 

Unknown to the pair someone has secretly been keeping her eyes on them since they walked into the apartment. 

 

 

The birds were chirping, reminding them the sun has risen. Rosé turned to the right side of the bed, accidentally hitting Ella in process, but it didn't wake Ella up.

 

"Such a heavy sleeper" chuckled Rosé, she lay on her right side, facing the sleeping angel. Rosé pulled Ella close and nuzzled her nose at the back of Ella's neck.

 

Rosé felt the Ella's whole body shakes as she quietly giggled. "Look who has awaken~" Rosé teases but Ella keeps herself still as possible.

 

Rosé make a space when Ella turned to face her, "G'morning angel," she greeted.

 

Ella smiles and Rosè was about to give her a morning kiss when Ella pushes her face away, "whyyyyyyyy" whined Rosé childishly, "Your mouth stinks" Rosé scoffed but they both laughed in the end and lazying around the bed until their stomach growled made Rosé to wake up and made brunch for them.

 

"Don't you work?" asked Ella, Rosé placed the butter and honey on top of Ella's pancakes first before handling it to her.

 

Rosé hums before answering the question, "Parties as best for summers, so to be honest, I'm a party animal" Ella's nose scrunch up when the topic was brought up, "Yeah- you hate that and stop with that face" scolded Rosé.

 

"I'm cute, at least that's what mum says so." shrugged Ella as she admit bashfully.

 

Not taken aback, Rosé just smirked but something deep inside her was tugged. Feelings that she had buried deep long time ago.

 

Rosé takes a whole lot of pictures yesterday so she had to develop all of it. "Wear something comfortable because we're going straight to the park after developing the pictures." Rosé notified.

 

The dirty plates was being washed by Ella, not that Rosé made her do it, she said that Rosé looked tired so she wanted to lift some of her burden.

 

"I mean, that's very sweet of you but you're the burden" joked Rosé, Ella turned to faced Rosé in offended expression but then, she smiles as she tip-toed.

 

"I have lifted your burden, myself" Ella grinned playfully, Rosé could only giggled in content.

 

Ella then rushes to the bedroom as soon as she finished with the dishes, Rosé sighed, she never used to anyone in her house but this situation made her felt déjà vu. Rosé wished this feeling didn't hang longer, or she'll have her heart ripped for the second time. 

 

-

 

"Basically all of it." Rosé told the girl behind the table who chuckled and nodded, selecting the pictures that will be develop later. "Pictures are well taken by the way" the girl flirted. Rosé smiled but Ella was not going okay with it.

 

"She's taken, fyi" deadpanned Ella sarcastically but it appears as a cute threat, Rosé just laugh but she didn't deny it either, the girl behind the table widen her eyes and apologize but Rosé didn't seem to mind.

 

When they turned to leave the shop, Rosé faces the innocent looking Ella, "Rude." Mouthed Rosé with a little attitude, Ella smirked but then hopped off to the ice cream truck that had long catches her eyes but wasn't be able to go to when Rosé insist on waiting for the pictures or more likely to chatting with the girl. 

 

"One mlk ice cream pleasee" Rosé was strucked for a moment when she heard it. If it wasn't for Ella, Rosé might already unmasked her shocked face, but then she proceed without furthur question.

 

"One milk ice cream and a strawberry flavoured, that makes it two." Rosé waited for the ice cream while Ella clung on her hand, the weather was hot even though it was evening.

 

They walked back to the apartment, Rosé kept her promised to take her around and it was hella big and full of greeny stuff, there was only a few people in with their own child. Rosé sat Ella on her lap as she eats the ice cream with her. There's dogs and butterflies cheering the evening, Rosé holds Ella and nagged a little about safety before letting Ella free to roamed the park.

 

Ella was too stubborn sometimes, like when she insisted on playing the roller-coaster even though she's pale to the point Rosé was going to bring her to the hospital, and not to mention how she wants what she chooses, like the one she wears. Ella wanted to wear what she choose, not what Rosé suggest. Hard headed indeed and it reminds her of certain girl with the same attitude.

 

Rosé always let her eyes set on the little Park running around but Rosé huffed after a few minutes of watching, it starting to bore her so she busied herself with her smartphone, scrolling through stories and feed her head with new updates.

 

But when she look up, Ella was nowhere to be found, not in the seesaw nor the swings. Rosé jumped on her feet, using her long neck to search for a particular little girl in white adidas.

 

Rosé started to feel uncomfortable when her heart started to race, hands becomes clamy and she was freaking worried, so she roamed around the park, and then she finally breathe out the air she had been holding back since who knows when she did.

 

Ella was just playing with a brown pomeranian. Rosé smiled at the cute sight and silently walked closer but she felt the colours on her face drained, her smile dropped when she saw the owner of the dog.

 

The girl had Ella in her arms now and Rosé felt herself boiled in anger but she holds herself back. Her heart had stop pumping the oxygen to her head, the latter then turned to face her and the expression on the latter's face wasn't so far different from Rosé.

 

"H-hey." The girl greeted awkwardly, Rosé give her a tight smile, Ella then rolled of the girl's arms and ran towards Rosé.

 

"That's Jennie, our neighbour." Said Ella cheerly. Rosé nodded as a sign of acknowledgement. The pomeranian jumped on Rosé unexpectedly, Ella giggled as she pets the dog with gentle. "I think Kuma knows you" Rosé chuckled but it was obviously dry.

 

"Your daughter?" Jennie asked.

 

"No, my niece" Rosé replied, she kneel down when Ella wanted her to take her in her arms. "When did you came back?" Rosé asked. There's a brief of silence made Rosé look up to see Jennie was staring at her thoughtfully, Rosé was about to repeat the question but Jennie blabbered making her shut up. "I'm sorry, what was that again?" asked Rosé politely.

 

"Yesterday, just came back yesterday." replied Jennie, she then let her eyes fall on the child and Rosé did the same.

 

Jennie switches between Ella and Rosé before saying, "She's cute." Rosé mumbled a small thanks "and she looks tad bit like you.."

 

Rosé in a deep breath and smile then turned her heels to the other direction because she needed to. God knows what happen if she stayed.

 

"It's rude to just walk away" says Ella as she clungs onto her but Rosé shut her lips in a thin line so Ella didn't push. Rosé still could feel that particular people's eyes on them.

 

-

 

"you don't like Jennie?" Ella questioned but Rosé shut Ella up with a piece of bread, Ella mumbled but it was burried in . Ella swallowed her food then asked again. "Is it because she's too cute?"

 

Rosé rolled her eyes, "No- it's adult matter" Ella shruged, "Pretty childish to me~" she sing-songed.

 

Rosé cracked up by that, Ella was smiling from ear to ear too. "Maybe ... I do inherit something from you" teased Ella, Rosé raised an eyebrow as she crossed her arms," and what is that?" Ella leaned close over the table and whispered, "Your charms" Ella winked succesfully made Rosé laughed out loud. 

 

Rosé laughed but she could taste the bitterness in her laugh. She could make out the trail of tears she had left years ago. it's still there

 

-

 

Day by day went by, the small feeling of discomfort having other person in her apartment slowly fades away with every smile that plastered on the little Park's face. Rosé now was looking forward to wake up to be greeted by her little sunshine.

 

Although Ella do has a habit of talking to Jennie, Rosé despite hates the idea but she comply politely because Jennie did no harm.

 

Jennie treated Ella with love and care, it was fun having her around but Rosé didn't like when Jennie questioned her too much, she doesn't like the idea of having a single conversation with the latter.

 

Sometimes due to her work, Rosé would bring Ella with her to the party that she had to handle, and apparantly, most of the time Jennie would be there to accompany Ella while Rosé busied herself with the occasion. Jennie's oddly became closer to Ella faster than Rosé. 

 

"Don't you think Jennie would be a great mother?" cooed Jisoo, Rosé shivered at the thought while Lisa laughed lightly. Lisa love how Jisoo can slip serious matter into their conversation casually.

 

"A mother?" Rosé shouted over the loud music, she snickered sarcastically and added "Jennie could be anything.-" she pauses and take a swig, "-Anything but a mother." The mood seems to dragged down as soon as those words slips were spoken.

 

"You can be a great mother too, Chaeng,," Lisa grinned as she tried to lift back the mood but it was useless thanks to Jisoo the momentum of the downfall of the mood seems to get drown deeper.

 

"Oh, please- A mother? Me? " Rosé laughed at the idea of being a mother, she might end up being one of those who forgotten that they left their child in the supermarket. How could she be a mother?

 

 

Jennie waited for Ella at the park as usual, but it seems like the kid wasn't going out of Rosé apartment. Kuma, the brown pomeranian was yelping frantically as if there is something important he needed to do.

 

"What's wrong with you today, Kuma-ya" Jennie tried to calm her dog by petting his back but the dog kept on dragging the leash, "Okay, boy, okay.." Jennie stood up, looking around for one last time to confirm that Ella wasn't coming when she was about to be dragged away from her dog.

 

As soon as lift's door opened up, Kuma bolted towards the opposite side of Jennie's apartment. "Kuma no-" Jennie tried to pull his leash back but the dog hold on, Jennie sighed and let her dog rest on the floor outside Rosé's front door.

 

They probably waited for five minutes or so when the door opened, revealing a worried looking Rosé and her bestbuddy, Jisoo with the same expression.

 

"Hey," greeted Jennie awkwardly, "I was wondering why Ella didn't came by" Jennie try to hide her nervousness by rubbing her hand together.

 

"Oh she's just came down with a fever." Jisoo answered. Jennie then nodded. "Is she okay?"

 

"Rosé was a little worr-"

 

"I mean Ella," interject Jennie without hesitation.

 

"She's fine.." Jisoo replied hesitantly, she turned to look at Rosé, "See you tomorrow, Chipmunk. I'll come with Lisa" grinned Jisoo, she then turned to Jennie whom she accidentally ignored for a second. "Might want to talk things out while the child is off like a light" whispered Jisoo.

 

Jennie mumbled a small thanks and faced the stone cold Rosé, "Is there anything else?" Rosé question when Jennie didn't seem to budge from her place.

 

"Yes." Jennie hold onto Kuma's leash tightly as she think of a way to say what she had been keeping inside. It's not easy with all this sudden confession and Rosé's cold stare piercing into her. Jennie felt so small and insecure.

 

Jennie stare up to the ceiling, while Rosé waits patiently at her door. "It's about Ella." Jennie breathe out as she let her head hung low again.

 

"What about her?" Jennie wince at the tone, but that's not the problem. Jennie take a deep breath and picking herself up in the process then look into Rosé's eyes, "How old is she?" Rosé scoffed and decided to just slam the door in her face but Jennie blocked it so Rosé had to opened up again.

 

"If you going to waste my time with this crap, I'm more than please to kick you away." warned Rosé, Jennie sighed but she did not give up.

 

"She's ten, isn't she?" Jennie questioned but Rosé did not answer. "Rosie please," there she goes again, digging up the painful memories with one nickname she gave to the latter.

 

Jennie sounded so desperate, she made Rosé wanted to laugh. Jennie pushes the door open and she take a step closer, into Rosé's personal bubble "She's our daughter, isn't she?" 

 

Rosé had her poker face on, her whole body tense, jaw clenched tightly was already answering Jennie's question. Jennie almost dropped on her knees but she needed to see her little angel so Jennie braced herself when she  tried to walk through Rosé but the latter grabbed a hold of her hand, yanking her back again.

 

"Dont." Rosé heaved heavily, her nails was digging into Jennie's shoulder that she almost pulled away, but Jennie think it's good to have at least something else to focus on other than a sick Ella.

 

"Please, let me just-..." she can't think of a word, can't even form a sentence that moment, "... one last glance.." Jennie begged, her tears had welled up arond her lashes and Rosé could see that she was holding herself back. Rosé scoffed sarcastically, she pushed Jennie out to her front door again.

 

"Cut the crap and go home." Rosé was going to close her door when Jennie slid her arms in between, forcing Rosé to hold on. "Idiot, you gon' hurt yourself! And she's not our daughter!" Rosé shouted coldly but Jennie wasn't going to back down.

 

"What do you mean she's not?! Rosie, I know my daughter when I see one!" 

 

"Oh yeah? Well let me tell you a fact," Rosé step out of her door and slammed it close, "She was Alice's daughter. Not yours, not mine, not ours!" Jennie chuckled sarcastically as she holds onto the wall. Kuma had long gone out of sight, but that's not a problem.

 

"Then explain the birth mark on her waist," Jennie dared Rosé when she finally had the gut to look up to her in the eyes. That question caught Rosé out of guard, Jennie saw how her lips sliped out curses. "Explain!" Jennie raises her voice.

 

"Don't act like a mother when you aren't one!" Rosé yelled back, her nose flared as she breathe heavily through it and exhale with . "You gave birth to her yet, what did you do Kim Jennie?!" Rosé ran a hand through her hair, biting her lower lip as she blinked back the tears she had been holding all these years. 

 

Jennie was clawing her own chest, she wished she could ripped it out and stop it from throbbing painfully. "I'm sorry- I'm really sorry" Jennie sobbed. She finally broke down in front of Rosé.

 

"You left her, you left our child and you left me!" Rosé wanted to throw punches towards Jennie but she can't, she knows she can't.

 

Jennie cried, her shoulders shakes at the intensity of hurt and regret of her wrong doings. "Ah- it was because of your sweetheart wasn't it?" Rosé chuckled sadly, "You told me Jen, you had to date him because you don't want anyone to find out that you had a child, with me. That's a whole ton of bull!" Rosé spat.

 

Jennie crawled towards Rosé as she holds her legs, "Please, I'm really really sorry" Jennie looked up and put her hands together as she rubs it against each other, begging for her forgiveness, "If I had to kill myself just to have you and Ella back I'll do it!" Jennie's voice had change when had burns in holding back her tears when she forces herself to speak.

 

Rosé wasn't the person she used to know, "But you can't." Rosé has changed. Rosé wiped her tears with the back of her hand, she takes a lungful of air before looking at Jennie pathetically then leaves Jennie a crying mess outside her door. 

 

"You look sad," Rosé jumped at the voice but calm down when she realized it was only Ella. Rosé would roll her eyes at the obvious statement, but she can't or she'd bawled in front of Ella. 

 

"Am okay." or that was what she had been convincing herself for the past 10 over years.

 

"Right." Replied Ella sarcastically, she crossed her arms like a boss and was acting like it. 

 

"Sick kids should be in bed." Ella sighed when Rosé tried to shooed her, "Did you happen to hear anything?" Rosé question, she hope Ella didn't. Ella nodded while Rosé felt beads of sweats almost dripped to the floor, "What did you hear?"

 

Ella shrugged nonchantly, "Just your voice." Rosé wanted to believe that but something in Ella's eyes made her feel like she shouldn't. Ella turned away from Rosé's accusing stares, "I feel dizzy all of the sudden, I called for you but the door slamed shut when I did, so I walk around to search for you when you happen to just get in," Rosé raised her brows, the reason before with what she claim she heard her was different.

 

"I heard you talked, so I went to the door but you already shut it close." Ella tried again, hopefully she'd be lucky.

 

'yep, that made the third totally different answers.' Rosé thought but she didn't push.

 

"What's for dinner?" Ella heard Rosé clears before answering with a hoarse voice, "We'll see.."

 

-

 

"Have you settled it ?" Lisa inquired, she was sitting in the living room while Jisoo was busy taking care of Ella. Rosé shakes her head and Lisa clacked her tongue in distaste. "So what now? Alice is coming to get her tomorrow," Rosé sighed then buried her face in her palm.

 

"It's for the best.." whispered Rosé. Taking it as a mental note for herself that it was better for Ella in her sister's hand rather than hers.

 

"That's crap. For the best but you poisoned yourself with alcohol because you missed her after that, and then what? You're going for suicide?" Lisa nagged, though it was true even if it sounded harsh.

 

"Lisa, Ella called for you," Jisoo said as she take a seat beside Rosé. Lisa wanted to say more but she knew that Jisoo could do it better.

 

"Chaeng.." Jisoo started softly when Lisa leaves them. "Was it your ego that you can't forgive her?" Jisoo land her palm on Rosé's lap as she rubs it soothingly.

 

"No, Jisoo. You know I could crush my ego if it comes go her" Rosé was trying not to whine but she failed terribly. "But I can't forgive what she said Jisoo-" Rosé's face was streaming with hot tears. 

 

••• (flashback) 

"Who the hell was that?"

 

"Why is she bringing a baby with her?"

 

"Don't tell me, it's hers? God- such a cheap hoe"

 

The accusing stares, the hate words she gets, Rosé still stride proudly towards the brunnete who was talking with her colleagues.

 

"Excuse me, can I borrow Jennie for a minute?" Jennie's eyes widen in worry and panic when Rosé appeared with baby Ella in her arms.

 

Jennie excuse herself as she dragged them to a secluded area. "What the hell are you doing here?!" Jennie half screamed, Rosé stare at her blankly.

 

"What do you mean? It's our anniversary.." Rosé smiled despite she felt the otherwise, the hurt that Jennie actually not welcoming her here and has forgotten abouf their special day.

 

"I'm coming home, tonight. Aren't I?" Jennie question, she sounded pissed and desperate.

 

"Oh, sorry. I'm going anyway, she just wanted to see you for bit." Rosé had named their child but Jennie didn't know it, yet.

 

Jennie fly to New Zealand the day after she gave birth and then she lost contact with them for awhile, but Rosé managed to find her but Jennie didn't want anyone to know Ella existed. Since it'll leave bad impression on her. Rosé was hurt but she comply.

 

"Good because I'm going to class now." Jennie walked away before she could say goodbye, Jennie didn't spare a glance towards little Ella.

 

"Guess mommy was quite busy.." Rosé didn't let the moment ruin their special day, Rosé knew Jennie was taken aback, no harm in that.

 

Howwever her heart was broken to pieces when she heard Jennie was dating the school's top student, Rosé was walking back when she heard Jennie's voice echoed in the hall so she stop and she wished she never did.

 

Jennie was being held by other person, someone who had judge her and Jennie even denied the fact that she knew Rosé and downgraded her own child, Ella. Rosé was dissapointed, she was hurt and she's determined to confront Jennie for it so she waited Jennie to come home.

 

-

 

"Rosie, Rosie, where are you going?!" Jennie tried to stop the latter from walking out the door.

 

"How could you ,Jennie?!" Jennie was taken aback, Rosé had never raises her voice let alone shouted in her face like this. 

 

"You date that guy, the one who says I'm a ing cheap - and what? You felt sorry for me to have Ella? That damn child illegitimate? What is wrong with you?" Rosé screamed, "She's your child!" Rosé's face burn in fuming anger.

 

"Rosie, it's just for a cover! Why can't you understand?!" Jennie shouted back.

 

"A cover? Who are you tryna fool at, Jennie? " Rosé scoffed sarcastically, "You know what? I've given up on you , on us when you didn't even try to keep contact with us so, I'm fine if you wanted to date that , I realized I don't have what he has, but let me remind you, don't ing downgraded my child." with that  Rosé walked out of the door, just like how she walked out of Jennie's life. 

 

•••(flashback end) 

 

Rosé wince when she relive back all that had happened to her, Jisoo couldn't blame Rosé when she had closed her heart but she knew deep down there's still a room for Jennie, even if there's probably 0.001% of it. Jisoo was sure if things go as she planned that Rosé will either lived the life she had been dream of or it might turned out worse.

 

"So are you going to fix this or what?" Rosé groaned, she couldn't even imagine if she lives under one roof with Jennie.

 

"Alice's going to come back, everything is going to be okay." Jisoo knows that Rosé was only convincing herself, she hopes that Rosé will take her time before she take any action. 

 

 

It was their last day together. Rosé woke up early than she used to. Rosé can't stop the tears that silently rolled down at the corner of her eyes as she run her fingers on her Ella's features, she don't want to forget her face ever but remembering it was painful too.

 

"I love you" Rosé whispered, she let a smile slipped to the corner of her lips but it didn't last when Rosé knew they would be parted again after today.

 

Rosé hugged Ella closed to her, after that she take a good look of Ella before gone to wash herself. Lisa and Jisoo stayed for the night, they made them breakfast and ate in silence together. Rosé felt so wretch at the moment, she can barely eat a spoonful of her meal. When the bell rang Rosé get it and was greeted with her sister's apologitic face. 

 

"I'm okay. She's ready by the way," Rosé said before Alice can questioned her. "Ella, come and hug me~" Ella ran towards her and Rosé wrapped her arms around the child tightly, she tried not to cry but tears was unstopable. Rosé managed to wiped her tears before facing Ella with a forced smile, Alice can see how hard she was trying not to breakdown in front of the child. Her child. Lisa has already showered her face with tears while Jisoo give them a straight face.

 

"I love you too" Ella whispered softly in Rosé's ears. Rosé think she never had been this happy and devastated at the same time.  

 

 

Ella indeed call just to hear Rosé's voice everyday, but it gets harder when each time Ella would ask for Jennie. One time, Ella called, she said she was sick and Rosé swear if Alice didn't assure her that it wasn't a big matter she might've fly to Korea that instant. Upon wanting to comfort the crying angel of hers, she said she will grant a wish that she can, and Ella literally begged Rosé so she could talked to Jennie.

 

Speechless, Rosé refuses to say anything and Alice apologize for that incident, Rosé couldn't blame Ella when she was missing the bond she had with Jennie. Rosé prayed, she prayed every day and night for the next day to be better.

 

Hours had turn days, days had turned months after Ella had left Rosé. Rosé was mad, happy and was in complete despair. She was mad at Alice for bringing back her child, but she was happy she finally saw that she had growned up to be a beautiful and smart kid. Those feeling couldn't compete with the feeling of despair knowing that she couldn't see her anymore.

 

Rosé grab her up from the couch when she had the doorbell rang. She didn't expect to see Jennie with swollen eyes in front of her door again. Tired of kicking her away, Rosé stepped back to make a room for Jennie to step in.

 

"Rosé, look, even if I apologize to you a thousand times you'd still say no aren't you?" Rosé turn to face Jennie with an unreadable expression, Rosé look worse that she did. "I was in depression when I didn't see my daughter, how could you-"

 

"Have you ever thought of my feelings?" Rosé cut her suddenly, Jennie blinked ,"what?" Said Jennie bashfully.

 

"I..." Rosé look down, making her messy hair to cover her face, Jennie stood there silently watching Rosé who was struggling with words. "I have to give her to Alice because I lose my job-" Rosé choked on her tears, she was surprise that there was actually tears left in her, "I had to drop out of college just to buy her milk,"

 

Jennie pulled Rosé into a hug even though she was slightly shorter than the latter, Rosé's fingers clamped tight around the clothes Jennie is wearing, "Do you know how much it hurts to know that you couldn't afford to give your child even a drop of milk?" Rosé whispered, Jennie could feel her emotion and with the hug she felt like she was in a hole of regret that she had dig up years before.

 

That's so selfish of her. To only think about her sadness whilst Rosé was the one who suffered to feed their child, to give her comfort and she on the other hand... was ing around with blokes in her university.

 

"We can take her back, Rosie.. lets take our baby back" Jennie was crying too, it was too much to take especially when she knew she was the reason why all of it happens.

 

"I can't " cried Rosé, "I can buy a damn building but I can't have my daughter calling me mum!" Jennie didn't know how to comfort Rosé when she herself was speechless.

 

None of them talk as they stood there, in each others arm and crying their hearts out. When the mood gets slightly lighter, Rosé brought both of them a glass of water. Jennie immedietly linked her hand with Rosé's. They sat in silence, taking in the oxygen to think more rationally. "Rosie, let's start over again, I'm back for good now."

 

"It feels good to hear that." Rosé replied, Jennie smiled and yes it indeed made her feel good to.

 

"But.. what about the guy? And how did you found me?" Jennie pouted as she think hard in how to put the situation into words.

 

"We broke up. A month after you went away. He's perfect, if you're wondering." chuckled Jennie when she heard Rosé scoffed, she finally felt like the burden on her shoulder had been lifted. "And.. mum told me you're here.. after a lot of begging so yeah-" Rosé chuckled at that statement.

 

"He is? Then why did you break it off?" questioned Rosé, she had Jennie's head leaned against her chest like they used to.

 

"Because.." Jennie looked up and stare deeply into Rosé's eyes, "I'm only perfect when I'm with you" 

 

- ( A year laterrrrr )

 

"Where is she?" Rosé put down her briefcase on the single sofa, she then placed a soft kiss on her wife's lips.

 

"In her room, still sleeping, I guess?" Jennje replied before she busied herself with the meal in her hands. Rosé jogged to her baby's room and open it slowly, there she caught Ella was wide awake but prefer lazying in her bed instead of helping her mum in the kitchen.

 

"I am so going to eat you" Rosé threaten as she leaps on the bed and trapped Ella in her hands, Ella screams her lungs out when Rosé tickled all over her body.

 

Jennie came in shortly with a tray of food in her hand, "breakfast in bed?" Ella's eyes twinkled and so does Rosé.

 

"Ohh that smells good" exclaims Rosé , she was about to take a bite when Jennie slaps her hand. "Whyyyyyyy"she whined, Jennie and Ella just chuckled. The day end well with lots of laughter especially when love filled the air.

At last, it's a happy ending, they might not know how long it will last but they promised that they'd hold on for each other.

•••
Fin.