Where I belong

Our Beautiful Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The move has been quite smooth. The house is almost done and the only task remaining was the hanging of pictures on the walls. After seeing her painting decorated in the Hong Kong apartment, Sehun has suggested she should frame up a few more and put it up around the house. Initially reluctant at displaying her own pieces as if it was an art piece, she was finally convinced that it would be a beautiful personal touch. After going through the works she had kept at Yerim's apartment and a few that she brought back from Hong Kong, she picked up a couple of pieces and arranged for the framing. Sehun had picked a piece for his own home, the piece that she did when he accompanied her on their first outing together. Although Sumin didn't think it was one of her better work, but Sehun felt it signified the start of their journey together.

"Is this ok?" Sehun asked, as he held the painting against the wall while Sumin check the alignment before it was hanged.

Sumin squinted her eyes, trying to make sure it is accurately aligned.

"Su! It doesn't have to be perfectly aligned. No one would notice," he grumbled but Sumin just roll her eyes.

After she was satisfied with the spot, Sehun put up the picture before climbing down from the ladder. Brushing his hands off, he looked around satisfied, "Your new home is complete, and it is lovely."

Turning around, she was also pleased with how her apartment had transformed into a cozy home. She walked up to him and wrapped her arms around his waist.

“Thank you. For everything.” Her eyes shined lovingly him. He had not only made her return great, he has contributed a lot to making her home they way it is.

Holding her, he returned her smile. Her return has made him very happy and to see her smiling, in his arms, he was just in cloud nine.

“Hyung can’t wait for your housewarming.”

“Am I having one?” she asked with a laugh. She had no such plan, but it seems Sehun and s had expected one. At his pout, she happily agreed to it.

 

“Su, what time will you be back later?”

Both of them were resting after lunch; Sehun playing on the game console he brought over while Sumin was catching up on some reads.

“Not sure, late probably,” she answered offhandedly. “I haven’t seen most of them for 3 years.”

“Ok, I’ll wait up for you.”

Sumin closed her book and turned to him. “You are coming over tonight?”

Sehun nodded as he continued his game.

“I thought we’ve agreed that I see you on Sunday,” she reminded him.

“I know. But I’m free tomorrow morning. So after my schedule tonight, I can come over.”

“Hun.. You’ve been coming over here since Tuesday.”

Since he came back from his overseas trip, he had spent all his free time at her apartment. Sehun is enjoying having her back and did not want to waste a single moment. He just continued playing.

“It's as good as you moving in,” she pointed out. Even after a few days, his personal stuff were already part of her home.

“That’s sounds good. Really good,” he smirked.

After a pregnant silence, Sehun glanced and saw Sumin staring at him. He paused the game and turned to her.

“You don’t like that I’m here?”

“You know I do.”

“Then?”

After the years apart, she enjoyed the time they have together. Cooking, eating, watching tv and doing other mundane daily stuff with the one that you loved is wonderful. But the three years in Hong Kong has also made her realized that she enjoys her private time, alone. And she wanted that space from him. She is not ready to be living together.

In addition, Sumin is anxious about Sunday. They were going to meet his parents and it had made her very nervous. Whenever she tried to express her fears or worries, Sehun was quick to assure that everything will be ok and his parents would love her. She wants to be alone to deal with her own worries.

“I love having you here. I just need my own me time. I see you on Sunday, ok?”

Sehun wasn’t sure how he felt about it but he could see that it was something she needed.

“You are not meeting up with another guy, right?”

Sumin wanted to roll her eyes at the ridiculous question. But instead, she replied. “I am. A few of them. Tonight!”

Giving her a quick kiss, he turned back to his game and Sumin went back to her reading.

 

As she walked down the familiar yet not so familiar pavement, her heart raced. A few new shops had taken over the familiar street in Seoul where she used to go for the bingsu. Unfortunately, that bingsu café was one of those that were replaced. She can’t wait to rediscover Seoul and explore more of the city. Although she did live there for four years, she has not actually been to a lot of places in Seoul. This time, she wants to discover the belly of the city.

Stepping into the barbeque restaurant, Sumin immediately could hear the voices of her friends. With a big smile, she walked towards them and soon her friends noticed her. Lisa and Rhyuyoung jumped up from their seats and ran up to greet her, giving her huge hugs. Jenny joined them wile Yerim, sat smiling at the scene. By the time Sumin was able to sit down, she had been hugs and kissed many times and her ears were falling off from the louds and excited squeals.

“Hi,” she greeted the guys who had been watching the childish display of affection by the girls.

“Welcome back!” Junki, Daehwi and Jaebum chorused.

Sumin giggled. “Thank you, guys.”

Her eyes turned to Minhyuk who had not greeted her yet. When their eyes met, he smiled warmly and said hi. Sumin said hi back. After graduation, Minhyuk had joined Saenan Bank and is having a promising career. He has also changed a lot; losing his nerdy look and becoming very handsome and charismatic. He is also currently attached, has been for six months. What Sumin didn’t know was, he did harbor hope that they could start a relationship when she is back because he still liked her all these years. But life has a different fate for him. He met his girlfriend at one of the alumni functions held at their school and he’d fallen for her.

Over servings and servings of delicious meat, the group first asked Sumin about her life in Hong Kong. They were insisting that she eat more because all of them noted that she had lost some weight. They blame on the lousy food in Hong Kong which Sumin denied. But with Yerim insisting that Sumin was even skinnier before she came back and had been surviving on quick meals because of her work, she was showered with advices and recommendations of meals and places to eat.

“But someone must bring me to these places!” she pleaded and the group willingly agreed to have their monthly meet ups at these places.

She then listened to updates from her friends of their individual lives, feeling happy and proud that they are all doing well in their own way. Even Jenny has found a permanent job in a research agency. She listened to their complaints and ing about certain colleagues which everyone seems to know and looked forward to be part of the group again.

“Oh, and we try to go to concerts and plays once a month. Each of us take turns to pick one. We will include you in the turn. We’ve already booked for the next 2 months, so you can pick something for April,” Jenny explained.

“Hey, its my turn to pick April. And I want it,” Junki interrupted.

“Oh com’on Junki, not Twice again!” Lisa groaned.

“Well, that’s up to me. You just have to it up. Like how I have to tolerate going to EXO’s concert every year!”

The table suddenly quietened. There was an awkward atmosphere and Sumin knew it was because of her.

She looked around her friends’ faces; Junki was looking really guilty while the rest looked uncomfortable. Yerim remained silent, waiting for Sumin’s response.

“Junki, I would go to Twice concert,” she smiled at him. “And EXO concert too.”

Lisa grabbed her arm. “You sure?” Her eyes searched Sumin’s face, checking if she was pretending to be ok.

“Guys, I’m good. I love to go to EXO, Twice or what nots concert. Bring it on,” her smile widened. The rest of the group sighed with relief when they saw her sincerity. They also noted that she was more forthright after her stint in Hong KOng. She used to be very shy and quiet.

After dinner, Lisa held hands with Sumin when they walked out of the restaurant. “Are you really ok? You are not missing him anymore?”

Sumin and Lisa did talk occasionally after she moved to Hong Kong. She updated Sumin on Sehun’s career and sometimes they talked about her feelings. Sumin had in the earlier months admitted that she still missed him. But their conversation has been rare in the past one year. And Sumin had not wanted to share about her relationship with Sehun.

“I’m really good. So don’t be shy to talk about EXO in front of me. I promise I won’t go ballistic.”

In Yerim’s car on the way home, Sumin talked about how happy she was about the dinner earlier. There were a few friends she had wished to see but she knew from Yerim’s previous updates that the monthly dinner started with a big group before it dwindled to the current group.

“Minjung is getting married in a couple of weeks. I don’t think she knows you are back. Shall I let her know so she can invite you? I know she would love to,” Yerim asked.

“I don’t want to inconvenience her,” Sumin pointed out. Minjung would have to shuffle the seat arrangements just to accommodate her. “I’ll give her a call. Maybe have a meal with her if she is free.”

Yerim glanced at her best friend and saw she was staring out of the window; worry was clearly etched on her face. She knew that the meeting with Sehun’s family rest heavily on Sumin’s mind. Reaching out, she clasped her friend’s hand. Sumin turned towards Yerim.

“You ok? Still worry about Sunday?”

Sumin nodded. “I don’t know how to face his parents. I feel so guilty,” she spoke softly.

“How many times must I tell you that there is no reason for you to feel guilty? It’s not your fault what happened before. And the fact that you two are back together, it takes two to tango. Sehun wants this relationship as much as you, if not more.”

Sumin just lowered her head watching her hands that are clasped tightly.

Pulling the car to a stop at the side of the road, Yerim turned to her friend. She untangled the hands and held them in hers, giving it a reassuring squeeze. Holding on to her friend’s gaze, she lightly chided her.

“You are such a worrier! Sehun’s family going to love you. They won’t blame you for whatever happened to Sehun. It’s their son’s fault that le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter