Rainbows

Our Beautiful Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Your boyfriend is really a pain!" Yerim grumbled.

Her head resting against the back of the car seat and her eyes stared outside the window, Sumin just listen to her best friend grumbles with a smile on her face. Yerim is just grumbling for the sake of grumbling, just because Sehun insisted on his way. They were going to join EXO and their friends at Chanyeol's family villa in Gangneung and Yerim wanted them to drive there themselves, giving them the flexibility to go and leave. But Sehun had insisted that they go with him. Yerim, who had a late night, is now driving them to EXO dorm at 9am in the morning.

"Yaa, you heard me?" Yerim poked her side.

Chuckling, Sumin turned towards her grumpy friend. Definitely woke up on the wrong side of the bed.  "I do. Take it this way. You are doing a less than half an hour drive to the dorm and then get to sleep the two and half hour journey to the villa," she replied soothingly.

Yerim hrmmphh at the logical answer. "Only if we are not in the same van as Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Those two are so noisy!"

 

They are taking the same van as Baekhyun and Chanyeol! Yerim raised a frustrating eyebrow at their luck. The other group had left a few minutes earlier as they were going to pick up someone before making their way directly to the villa.

Yerim sat at the back beside Sumin with Sehun on Sumin's other side. Chanyeol is driving with Baekhyun seated upfront. The middle row was empty. "Are we waiting for someone?" Sumin asked Sehun.

He nodded, "Junmyeon hyung."

"Should you sit with Junmyeon oppa then?" she asked.

He shook his head. "He will be seating with someone else," he replied as he just pulled her to lean against him.

Before Sumin could say anything else, the door to the van opened and she caught a glimpse of Junmyeon who then stepped back and a pretty dark red head entered.

As they entered the van, the red head greeted Baekhyun and Chanyeol. "Hey Seulgi!" they greeted her in unison.

She then turned to the back row and her face beamed when she saw Sumin..

"Hi, you must be Sehun's girlfriend. I'm Seulgi. I heard a lot about you," she spoke enthusiastically.

Sumin was flustered. With a hesitant smile, she returned the greeting "Hi, I'm Sumin. Nice meeting you." Turning her head towards Yerim, she introduced them.

When Seulgi took her seat with Junmyeon next to her. Sumin turned towards Sehun, raising her eyebrows asking who Seulgi is. Sehun chuckled at his really clueless girlfriend. Pulling her nearer to him, he whispered, "Red Velvet." She blinked, still baffled. Shaking his head, he teased, "Not the cake!" Shooting a glare at her boyfriend, Sumin quickly surfed to find out about Seulgi and Red Velvet. "Ah.." she remembered them. Irene's group."

Sumin couldn't helped but watched Junmyeon and Seulgi interacting in front. They still seemed shy around each other. She typed on her phone and showed it to Sehun.

They just started dating? -Su

Sehun took her phone and type his response.

No. Several months but they haven't spent much time together. - Se

So sweet.. - Su 

Not as sweet as us- Se

Sumin rolled her eyes.

She turned to Yerim who was listening to music quite loudly while staring outside. Pulling one of her earphones out, she asked, "I thought you are going to catch up on some sleep?"

Jutting out her chin towards the front, she remarked, "I'm trying to drown out those two!"

Sumin giggled. She was focussing on Junmyeon and Seulgi that she didn't notice the ruckus upfront. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were bickering like two old grannies. And they were quite loud.

Baekhyun overhead Yerim's comment and paused his tirade to turn back, "I heard that Yerim. That's not nice!"

"It was meant for you to hear! I hope you get the hint, loud and clear," Yerim retorted.

And that started the squabbles between Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Yerim. Sumin buried her head into Sehun's chest which was rumbling from his contained laughter.

"Hey guys. Enough. My girlfriend is suffering," Sehun tried to get himself heard. He was totally ignored.

After it continued for several more minutes, Junmyeon finally had enough. "Hey! Stop it. I can barely hear myself."

"Hyung, I'm giving you the chance to get closer and whisper into Seulgi's ear!" Chanyeol teased. Junmyeon's ear turned red.

Before he could respond, Baekhyun added, "we are doing a great service here!"

Junmyeon took a magazine that was in front of him and hit Baekhyun. Of course Baekhyun had to react dramatically. Everyone in the car laughed.

Seulgi turned towards Sumin. "I heard that we girls are sharing two rooms. There's 8 of us. If you are not sharing the room with Sehun, do you and Yerim want to share with me and Joohyun? Err.. Irene," she asked.

Sumin blinked several times. She knew they have to share the room with other girls but had not given it much though. The idea of sharing a room with Irene who has had scandals with Sehun made her nervous. She turned towards Sehun when she felt him tugged her hand.

"I can get a room for us, just us if you want," his eyes twinkled expectantly.

"No! You are not getting a room for yourself!" Chanyeol interrupted from upfront. "There are 14 of us having to squeeze into the other 3 rooms!"

"Hyung," Sehun whined! Not appreciating the interruption to his plan. If Sumin agreed, he planned to bribe some of the guys into sleeping in the living area.

She leaned forward and pressed a light kiss on his jaw. "So tempting!" she fluttered her eyes. Sehun grinned widely, excited that Sumin is finally agreeable to the idea. He had persuaded her before but she was adamant in sharing the room with Yerim. He watched gleefully as Sumin spoke to Seulgi. "That sounds fun. Lets share a room." Sehun spluttered.

The guys laughed at Sehun while Sumin giggled at her disappointed boyfriend. She patted his cheek. Sehun pouted.

"Where's Irene?" Yerim asked. 

"She is coming with Donghae-oppa and Heechul-oppa in another car. We will meet them at the villa," Seulgi explained.

"Oppa, what's for lunch?" Seulgi asked. 

Chanyeol glanced at his rearview mirror. "I arranged for buffet lunch. It should be set up when we arrived."

"Yum! I'm hungry. I only had a glass of milk this morning," she informed them.

Junmyeon turned to her, "Why? Are you hungry now? Shall we stop somewhere for some snacks?"

There was a barf upfront and everyone turned to look at Baekhyun who pretended to be vomitting. Junmyeon was irritated and hit him with the magazine again. Baekhyun deflected successfully. "God Hyung! Lets not be so cheesy in front of us," Baekhyun cried.

"I'm not being cheesy. Seulgi hungry. I'm just stating my concern," he insisted. The bickering continued between the two of them with Chanyeol joining in. 

One and half an hour into the journey, Sumin whispered to Sehun. "Don't they get tired?" she whispered. Baekhyun and Chanyeol continued to be loud upfront throughout the journey. Even when they sang along to songs playing on the radio, they could still have disagreement over lyrics or singers. Yerim had finally nodded off even with the noise from them whereas Junmyeon and Seulgi seemed to ignore the two as they chatted quietly. Sumin had rested quietly in Sehun's arms, droning out the noise from in front. 

Dropping a peck on her head, he replied softly, "No, they don't. You either join them or ignore them."

"What do you do usually?" she asked.

"I do join them if I'm not too tired. Even then, I would not be able to last as long as them. They are really good mood makers," Sehun confessed.

Rubbing her hand on his arms, she commented. "Why are you so quiet today then? Because of me?"

He turned his gaze down towards her. "Yes, because of you. Why would I do anything else when I have you in my arms? I give the world to have you in my arms every second of my life."

Her smile widened. "You are such a sweet talker Oh Sehun!"

 

They were first to arrive at the villa. After putting down their luggage in their rooms, they went to the buffet area. Baekhyun was squealling at the huge spread on the table. Sumin was speechless. How many are coming to the villa that weekend?

Yerim turned to Chanyeol. "Oppa, are you feeding the army or starving Idols?" 

Ruffling her hair, Chanyeol just told her to enjoy the food.

As they started to take the food on their plates, the other van appeared. There were moments of loud greetings before everyone started to sit down and enjoy the food. Sumin was picking food from Yerim's plate when a voice said hello to them. She turned and say Irene smiling at them. 

"I heard we are roomies!" she exclaimed as she held out her hand. Sumin stood up and took her hand and shake it. "Yes, we are. This is my friend, Yerim. She is rooming with us too!" Yerim took her hand to shake too.

"Did you know that we have a member with your exact name. Stage name Yeri, but her real name is Yerim," Irene whispered conspiratorially. Sumin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter