capítulo cuarenta y siete

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before Sehun got married, he was used to living in this huge apartment, although back then there were occasional visits from Joohyun. He never felt lonely, because he spent most of his time in school with his friends and his ex-girlfriend and he is always surrounded by people. But now, he feels suffocated to face the four walls, without any laughter and chatters. He couldn’t put the emptiness he was feeling into words and he had no idea the departure of Areum would leave a huge impact in his life. Not just him, he noticed that Tamago hasn’t been quite herself lately and she rarely plays around with Sehun, as if she was missing Areum as much as Sehun does.

It has been three months since Areum left Korea and she still hasn’t even contacted anyone, not even Sulli. No one knows where Areum has been to and everyone noticed the changes in Sehun’s behaviour ever since Areum left. He became more quiet and he wasn’t as bubbly and loud like before. Of course, his family and friends knew better than to pressure him to open up because it isn’t easy for him, after losing his unborn children, which he still can feel the lingering pain everytime he sees kids playing at the playground. If pumpkins were still alive, they would have been brought to the world and Sehun felt a wave of regrets filling him up, again, from losing the chance of being a father. Areum needs time to heal, and so does Sehun.

Sehun had a talk with his father, about the Zhang’s and work, and they decided to pull out from their partnership with them. The CEO, Mr Zhang, was boiling mad but Sehun couldn’t be bothered. Zhang Yixing is a pain in the and Nancy is simply the reincarnation of the devil. He would never forgot the embarrassed expression on Nancy Zhang’s face, the girl whom every guy worships except for him, chased her out of his office. It was a humiliation to Nancy, whose ego and pride are bigger than the entire universe. Even though Nancy wasn’t the direct cause of pumpkins’ death, which he felt bad for treating her harshly, Sehun couldn’t stand the sight of her anymore and he needed to get rid of the evil.

Just then, Sehun heard the bell rang and he was surprised to see his older brother with a bottle of red wine in his hand when he opened the door. Sehun misses his hyung, it has been long since they talked to each other properly, and honestly, he has never hated Junmyeon. He would never hate the person whom he looks up to. Furthermore, the reason why his brother hid the secret from him was to protect him; Sehun has already gotten over it. The past is the past.

Sehun was surprised by himself. That is something the self-centred and arrogant Sehun would never do unless he takes his revenge. However, after spending the past few months with Areum, Areum has influenced him to be more forgiving towards people and turned him into a better guy.

“Want a drink?” Junmyeon asked. He has been wanting to make up with Sehun for a long time but he is afraid that his younger brother was still upset with him, so he didn’t have the courage to take the first step. But he remembered Areum’s words from few months back, she told him that Sehun is too egoistic to talk to him first so he would have to take the first leap. He chuckled mentally at that and he can’t help to miss Areum. That girl is the purest and most kind-hearted, and caring girl he has ever encountered and he felt really sorry that she has to go through those unfortunate events.

“Sure,” Sehun opened the door and let his brother entered.

The brothers sat the balcony for a drink under the starry night, with Tamago lying in between them on the wooden ground.

“It has been long since we had a drink together.”

“I am sorry hyung, I should have talked to you first and let you know that I have never hated you.”

Junmyeon smiled. Areum has changed him, in a good way.

“It’s okay, I am sorry for hiding that big secret as well.”

Sehun re-filled his older brother’s glass and smiled, as he recalled the past. It has been quite long since that incident has passed and Sehun was too occupied with work and Areum’s pregnancy to think about that incident again.

“You must have liked Joohyun a lot, to be able to tolerate such behaviour of hers,” Sehun commented, “Your heart must have been crushed when you heard about Joohyun and me after you went to Japan. I am sorry hyung, if I knew she was the girl you like, I would have never dated her.”

Junmyeon shook his head and laughed, “Come on Sehun, it’s nothing! You were being kept in the dark. Initially it did hurt, but gradually, I was too busy with the company to think about relationship.”

The two of them were glad to clear the misunderstanding with each other. Afterall, they are siblings, they are a family, and family doesn’t hate one another.

“Do you miss her?”

Junmyeon paused at Sehun’s question, It wouldn’t take a fool to know Sehun was referring to. Does he miss Joohyun? Yes, badly. Although she has committed so many wrongdoings in the past, he would still give her another chance and start all over again with her because he knows Joohyun isn’t evil by nature. She merely used the wrong method to attain the love that she desires.

“Yeah I do.”

Junmyeon tried contacting her but she would never picked up his call. He could only stay updated through her instagram story, where she would post the views in Cambodia occasionally.

“What about Areum? Do you miss her?”

Sehun didn’t seem as affected by his question as he expected to be and maybe, it’s a good sign.

“Frankly speaking, I do. I feel lonely to return to the ap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter