capítulo cuarenta y seis

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun could feel his body trembling non-stop as flashbacks of the car accident repeat continuously in his mind. His blood froze when he saw the car colliding into Areum, before she fell unconscious, lying on the road in her pool of blood. It was horrifying. The blood on his hands and his shirt reminded him of the scene again and he didn’t realise he began to tear up until he saw the water droplet on his thumb. Areum is inside the operating theatre while he sits outside, waiting and praying for the well-being of Areum and his kids.

“Oh Sehun!”

Sehun was lifted from the bench and before he could react to the person calling for his name, he received a tight slap on his face. He didn’t retaliate, neither did he say anything about the blow, because he deserves it.

“Sulli, calm down.”

“Chanyeol, how do you expect me to? This guy is always ing up! I really wish Areum didn’t come into his life!”

Sulli was screaming at Sehun, with tears rolling down her cheeks knowing her best friend is currently in critical condition, but Sehun was too tired to respond. Sulli is right, he didn’t deserve Areum because he had only brought pain to the girl’s live and she doesn’t deserve it.

The red light diminished and the surgeon came out of the operating theatre, “The patient has lost a lot of blood but she is out of life danger, thankfully. However,” The doctor paused before conveying the bad news, “Due to the impact, the babies did not make it. I am sorry for your loss.”

Sulli bawled. She was so devastated, as if she was the one who lost the babies. Even though it wasn’t her, she could feel Areum’s pain because she knows how anticipated Areum was, for the arrival of pumpkins. Now that something so precious has been taken away from Areum, Sulli doesn’t even want to imagine Areum’s heartbroken expression when she woke up and found out that she got a miscarriage.

She turned to Sehun with teary and fuming eyes, “Good job Oh Sehun,” Sulli said, voice dripping with sarcasm, “You lost your kids and I am pretty sure, you are going to lose your wife but serve you right for being a major .”

 

The only sound that can be heard in the ward is the beeping sound of the machine. Sehun, Sulli, and Chanyeol did not say a single words to one another as they watched Areum sleeping soundly. Mr Oh, Mrs Oh, Junmyeon were informed about Areum’s miscarriage and they were all heartbroken to hear about the devastating news. Besides them, even the boys and Soojung, who were actually looking forward to the arrival of pumpkins, were all saddened by the news.

Sulli rushed to Areum when she saw her fingers moving and her eyelids fluttering, trying to adjust to the blinding light, “Areum, are you okay?”

Areum looked around the surrounding, before three blurry faces came into her sight. She was still feeling groggy and was as dry as desert, making her feel uncomfortable. As her vision got clearer, she found Sulli smiling fondly at her.

“Are you alright?” Sulli asked again.

Areum nodded as she attempted to sit up straight, with the help of Sulli. As she looked past Sulli, she realised Sehun and Chanyeol were there as well and immediately, she recalled the accident. She brought her hands down to her tummy and she realised it was flat.

“Where are my pumpkins?” Areum’s eyes were already flooded with tears the moment she popped the question because she kinda knows the answer yet she remains in self-denial, hoping that someone would tell her that her babies survived and the surgeon took them out.

Sulli gulped as she turned to Sehun and Chanyeol with a distressed expression, she didn’t want to tell Areum the truth but there is no way they could hide it from her. She moved backwards and let Sehun come forward to talk to her because he is her husband, no matter what, and he is in the best position to spill the truth.

“Hey,” Sehun caressed Areum’s face, “Don’t think so muc-”

“Where are my babies??” Raising her voice was a feat to Areum because her body was still weak from the operation but she needs to know.

Sehun sighed and shut his eyes in pain, “I am sorry Areum. We lost pumpkins.”

Sehun embraced Areum and rubbed her back to comfort her but to his dismay, Areum struggled and pushed him away from her harshly.

“This is all your fault!!” Areum started to break down and Sulli rushed to calm Areum down, “I want my babies back!! Why??!!”

Areum was throwing a fit as she bawled. Why do all the good things never seem to last? Pumpkins are the best thing that happened to her yet she failed to protect them. All she wants is to build a happy family with Sehun and pumpkins but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter