capítulo cuarenta

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Congratulations Ms Kim Areum, you are 10 weeks into pregnancy.”

The words that Areum dreaded to hear. No, this isn’t supposed to happen. She isn’t supposed to carry a life in her when she was all ready to leave Korea for China with Yixing, not when her relationship with Sehun is in turmoil and her writing career just took off. Initially Areum thought she had food poisoning but when the nausea got worse, Areum knew it was something more. She recalled that fateful night and she realised none of the parties involved had taken any precaution and there could only be one explanation to her discomfort. Areum wish she could deny the doctor’s confirmation and wake up from this bad dream but sadly, the baby growing inside of her is real. She swallowed the lump in as she caressed her womb.

“Are you alright Ms Kim?” The doctor asked with a worried expression.

Areum nodded, fighting the tears that were threatening to fall, “Yeah, thank you Dr Choi.”

What should she do now? Areum’s mind has been occupied by the sudden news ever since she stepped her foot out of the clinic. Should Sehun know about this? What would he do after knowing it? Get her to abort that unwanted child? Areum’s stomach churned at that thought because even though the child came unexpectedly, Areum would never abort the baby because she knows exactly how it feels to be abandoned by everyone and she would never let her child feel the same way. Aside Sehun, how would Yixing react to her pregnancy news? What if he decided that it would be better for her to stay in Korea because she is pregnant and she shouldn’t work so hard? She can’t give up on her career right now.

Areum was so lost in thoughts that she didn’t realise a car was coming towards her way and if it weren’t for the pair of arms that pulled her away from danger, Areum would have lost both her and her baby’s lives.

“Areum!!! What were you thinking?? That was a narrow escape from death!!”

Areum was surprised to see Sulli, the one who saved her, even though she was yelling at her for her carelessness. Maybe it was the hormones, maybe it was the overwhelming thoughts that overloaded her brain, maybe it was the shock that she has yet to recover from earlier on, Areum didn’t care as she hugged her arms around Sulli tightly and started sobbing.

 

“What? You are pregnant?”

Sulli was in shock when her friend started bawling on the street so she brought her over to her place and interrogated her. She couldn’t believe what she just heard.

Areum nodded and lowered her head, eyes fixed on the cup of hot chocolate in her hands. Pregnancy is a happy thing and is an occasion called for celebration but all Areum felt right then was fear, anxiety, and uncertainty.

“I am sorry to ask but is it Yixing’s? Or Sehun’s?”

“Sehun.”

Sulli blinked in confusion because she couldn’t get how did the two of them end up sleeping with each other when Sehun detested Areum? Don’t get her wrong, it’s completely fine for married couple to have intimate contact but the last time she remembered Sehun was still grieving over Joohyun and there was no way he could have moved on so quickly. Before she could probe further, Areum explained the whole thing to her.

“That bastard thought you were Joohyun and so he forced himself on you??!! And you didn’t tell me a single thing?! Areum! I would have punched him in his goddamn face for you!!”

Sulli was raging like mad and Areum didn’t know if she made the right decision to spill everything to her.

“Exactly why I didn’t breathe a word Sulli,” Areum kinda expected that reaction from Sulli because that girl never had a good impression of Sehun and after hearing her story, Sulli is probably plotting a million ways in her mind to get Sehun dead.

“He was drunk.”

“So what? That doesn’t mean he can force himself on you! And what’s worse is that he called for another girl’s name when he was having with his wife!!!”

“I want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter