capítulo veinte

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gazing at the hand that the stranger pecked, Areum couldn't stop thinking about the guy that danced with her last night. She told Sulli about the dance and even tried to describe his facial features, hoping that her friend would have an idea but to no avail. Not like she has feelings for him, but she was really intrigued by the mysterious guy who asked her for a dance when no other guy gave a hoot about her. She blushed thinking of that guy's kind gestures but quickly shook her head to clear all her thoughts, maybe he was just a random student from her university who pitied her for not having any dance partner. Putting the guy at the back of her mind, Areum got down from her bed and headed to the bathroom to freshen up because she has more important things to do in the afternoon.

As she arrived at Oh's mansion, the servants led her in and she heard laughter emitting from the living room, which was rare because the mansion is awfully quiet most of the times. Mrs Oh, Joohyun, and Sehun diverted their attention to the newly entered guest and their smiles were replaced with frown and shock.

"What are you doing here?" Mrs Oh asked, as she wasn't expecting Areum's arrival. Though she tried to sound courteous, Areum could tell from Mrs Oh's expression that she wasn't welcome here. 

Areum saw the baby products on the table and figured that they must be gifts from Mrs Oh, who favours her cousin more than her. 

"Mr Oh asked to see me," Areum replied with a fragile voice and her head hung low as she was intimidated by the condescending looks from the three of them.

After exchanging greeting, Areum bowed and followed the servant to the study room. Mrs Oh noticed the crestfallen look on Joohyun's face and it hurt her heart

"Mr Oh seems to like Areum a lot..." Joohyun said, her voice full of sadness. 

Mrs Oh placed her hand on top of Joohyun, "Don't worry Joohyun, I will talk to my husband tonight again. Shall we bring you around the mansion?"

 

Areum entered the study room after she got the permission, "Mr Oh," Areum greeted and bowed to the elderly.

"Take a seat Areum."

Areum settled down at the coach next to the armchair that Mr Oh occupied.

"What do you want to talk about?" He placed his cup of tea down on the wooden table and asked, with his usual warm smile.

"I want to cancel the engagement. I know you want me to marry Sehun no matter what because that was the agreement you had with my father and you felt apologetic towards me, but I think it's impossible because a child's life is involved this time," Areum gulped, swallowing the big lump down . She knew that Mr Oh is persistent on the marriage because he thought that was the best arrangement and also because she did not say no to it. Hence, she decided to voice her opinion, and let Mr Oh know that she wants to call the engagement off, willingly, so he wouldn't put all the blame solely on Sehun. A stop needs to be put to the complicated engagement, and that would be for Areum to withdraw from the picture. It's not going to do anyone good if they prolonged it, and it would only strain the relationship between the father and son. 

A knot formed in between Mr Oh's brows when he heard Areum's words. He likes Areum genuinely and he really wants to uphold the promise he made to Areum's dad.

"I don't want to put Sehun at a difficult spot, can you please grant me that wish?" Areum pleaded, hot tears b, "I don't want the child to grow up in an incomplete family."

"But it's not fair for you," Mr Oh retorted, "You are the most suitable girl for Sehun."

Areum wonders where Mr Oh got that idea from because she is the last girl in the world that has the rights to stand next to the almighty and perfect Oh Sehun. Someone as ugly, fat, and introverted as her shouldn't be associated with Sehun. 

"We don't love each other, Mr Oh."

 

After Areum finished talking to Mr Oh, she made her way out and she happened to en

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter