cooking together

pumpkin season
Please log in to read the full chapter

„I swear if anyone else could see me right now, they would be having the best time of their life watching me cut this pumpkin into perfectly shaped cubes,” you snorted, glancing down at yet another piece of pumpkin that looked more like a house than an actual cube. Even if you really, really tried to use your imagination, it didn’t resemble the ones that were displayed in the cookbook on the kitchen table.

You couldn’t help it; cooking wasn’t your field, it was as far from you as Pluto was from planet Earth. The only reason you set foot in the kitchen on this beautiful spring day was because Yunhyeong had asked you to help him. If it hadn’t been for your boyfriend and his adorable puppy eyes, you wouldn’t have given in. Yet, Yunhyeong could ask you anything, and you would say yes, because he was a wee sweetheart, and you never had the heart to tell him off.

“And I would tell them to mind their own business because you are doing the best you can,” Yunhyeong added as he was pouring a decent amount of rice into the rice cooker, measuring the water it needs to soak up. Even though you two were following the instructions stated in the cookbook (theoretically!), you actually didn’t really care about the concrete measurements.

“Awww…” You stopped abruptly, putting a hand over your heart, your eyes searching for the chocolate orbs of your boyfriend. He was, in fact, just as sweet as the shade of his eyes, his gaze making your heart leap every time you exchanged a look. “You are too sweet,” you added as you slightly pushed Yunhyeong’s shoulder, trying to cover up your flushing cheeks by distracting him.

Nevertheless, Yunhyeong didn’t break eye-contact. In fact, he looked like he was trying to pierce a hole through your already weak and fragile heart, a gentle smile spreading across his thin, rosy-coloured lips.

“Not everyone can be a master chef but that’s okay.”

“Not everyone can be as good as you,” you pointed out, a cheeky grin making its way onto your face.

Yunhyeong was probably the best chef among the boyfriends you had had the chance to date. It’s not like you were looking for someone who could cook well, it was rather the other way round. You fell in love with the golden heart of this pure, grown-up baby who told terrible dad jokes, cleaned like an old lady, had a certain positive aura around him and he carried himself like he was the most confident person on Earth. Of course, you knew better than to judge him only by his gorgeous features; he was so much more than just a pretty face, and you were thankful

Please log in to read the full chapter