Chapter 04

My numb husband

 

 

For the another day and night just passing with such an unclear. I can't think how fast is it the time flies and here again, I roll down on the bed to another side when a little cramp attacks me again. It's make me feel uncomfortable due to the sudden pain on my abdomen. I get up and sit straight with a messy crease on my eyebrows. Then, after a few minutes passed, the pain slowly vanish away which I believe they will come again without giving me a single warning. I sigh loud. I also still have morning sickness and somehow left me sleeping throughout of the day out of tiredness. My mom said, the camp in early pregnancy is quite normal and it happens to the certain person and looks like I'm one of them. However, I'll take in as a beginner.

With dreary silence outside of the room, I can't lie that the strong intensity between me and my husband is real, that somehow slowly driving me nuts. I assume he might as well has forgotten that there's still a human being who is living and breathing the same air with him in this house. Oh gosh, I wish he didn't. Even though the possibility is high.

I quickly shake my thought away. It's honestly a better pill to swallow and I'm thinking, I'll do something for a change from now on.

For a moment, I climb off the bed and hurriedly get the small book under the heavy mattress that I've been keeping in secret. It's quite similar with a dairy, but I rather call it as a 'Pregnancy Journey' book. I thought It might be fun if I write it down, especially I'm experiencing at the age of nineteen. It will be memorable for me someday.

I spend thirty minutes on the book, before shutting it close and swiftly place it back on the same spot I've took them.

The night still young, and as always Daehyun always leave me by myself after we have the dinner together and his bedroom is the only place he loves to stay. I have peeked at it once, and he only sits there on the work desk, with a scattered pieces of paper and a computer set down right in front of his face for every night. He had made his room half like an office while half for him to sleep or rest. The width in the room is huge, comparing to mine. It's the main room after all, that's why.

Talking about the room thing, I still found it slightly disturbing, for an unknowing separated rooms we had. That's particularly not in a plan. No, we never have a plan or any rule before becoming a married couple. It's just happened there, and Daehyun never asked me to move in to his bedroom. He never asked me to sleep with him too. On the other word, He just never talked out of random, unless there's something I ask or curious about, or things that I need to know.

That's so freaking weird to meet such a person as numb as him. He is so oblivious. The way he acts look so robotic and stiffen. For someone who have siblings like me that never been silence at all, I can't truly deal with it. I feel the huge burden in it.

"Shall I go to him?" I murmur to myself, while my right foot already placed down on the floor.

Maybe I should, giving a try won't hurt. I don't want to keep us constantly like this. He can't let me left alone and act me like a stranger in this house. If his reason to make me feel like home, then he's way wrong at the first place. It's so damn unnatural and weird, especially at the fact, we're married.

I get up from the bed and finally decided to visit his room or maybe trying to compel him away from his work for a bit, begging him to spend time with me. I know, it's slightly corny but I can't help myself though

I knock on his bedroom door twice, where they are already left open "Hey"

He doesn't take longer as spinning his head over his shoulder, finding my figure by his door frame. He blinks with that famous blank face of his.

"Can I come in?" I say like a cute little girl, asking for an attention. Oh, wait. Maybe I do.

As an expected, he's with the same routine again, sticking himself at the desk for a straight row of the nights without giving a damn around him.

"Yeah" He gives me a brief answer and it takes about almost a minute to him to even say it. I don't know, maybe he tries to figure out why am I suddenly appearing to his room. He turns back on his work.

With a smile plasters down on my mouth, I approach his queen bed behind him Before plopping myself on it. I bring my legs up and sitting in a cross-legged by facing his back. My eyes wander around as I take in my surroundings. This is my first time I'm in his room since I moved it, despite I've watched it from a far.

"Are you not bored?" I ask after five minutes been quiet, which I have mustering my courage earlier.

I thought he'd forgotten that I'm still in his room. When I hear his lower voice achoes without turning to me "You see, I'm doing my work now"

That's sound so raspy in my ears.

I make a face "That's what I meant, are you not bored doing your work for like twenty four hours?" The frown on my face is noticeable and deep.

"Not really" He mumurs.

I'm not satisfied with his answer.

"But seriously, have you not notice? you're always coming home by five in the evening then you're just giving yourself time for like two or three hours before coming back to do your work. For me it sounds boring you know" I'm surprised I sound like complaining which I din't mean to.

He gives me a few seconds before he speaks again "That's what I always do though" He pauses, I can feel he has a deep wrinkle in between his eyebrows "And It has became my daily habit honestly" He adds later on.

"But you're married now" I mutter as bite my inner lip quickly. That was slipping off without I couldn't hold myself. My eyes move to the closed window in embarrassment, even he doesn't even bother to look at me.

Now, I get zero response and panic creeps up in my body.

"Forget it. It's just my mood swing that's taking over me" I wave my hand to the air "Well, you know because I'm carrying the child" I tell him along with a fake laugh, in hope to bury deep somewhere.

Dropping the topic off, I clear my throat "Anyway, can I stay here longer? I'm promise I won't bug you around" The sound of my tone is a bit desperate.

He turns around as if he heard me wrong, looking at me in the eyes and my hand automatically bring up to my coner lips "I will zip my mouth. Really." gesturing like zipping.

He stares at me for some more.

"Yeah, make sure you keep your word" He remarks and once again turning at his desk.

I try harder not to snort.

Immediately, I fall backward on his bed and my gaze lands straight on his patterned ceiling above.

Guess, I'm the only one who are bored to death here. A deep sigh releases my mouth and my mind starts to drift off to the time where I've lived with my family before. It was so peaceful and I had so much of a good time with them. It was unforgettable and now I miss them again. I miss my parent, my siblings and I miss my house there either.

But, it doesn't mean I hate to be here. The house is amazing. It just- I lift my head a bit and look at the quiet person in front of me for a few seconds before dropping my head back. Well, never mind. He has been nice enough to not drop me after finding out about my current situation. So, quit complaining and get over it, Seori.

I push my body up and climb off from his bed, deciding to saunter around.

Come to think of it, Daehyun hasn't tell me yet about the actual date when we are going to start our honeymoon, but it doesn't make me care much. I will leave it to him entirely. Clearly, It seems like we don't look excited as we should be. We both still don't have a feeling to each other. I think, this kind of thing need time to bloom in ourselves.

Earnestly, I'm his things in the room behind his back before stopping by at the Miniature house that setting on his long desk which next one where he is doing his work now. The small house looks exactly the same like the real one and I'm fascinated by it as I bend down to match the same level as the house in front of me, peeking over in curious. To my expectation, inside is incredibly cool. My jaw drops as my mouth opens slightly without me realizing.

At the same time, it reminds me one of those barbie house and thinking about this man might play with it with a doll in his hand, has tickle me down. Quickly, I restrain myself to not giggle at the thought.

I straighten my body again before turning around and lean in my buttock against the desk with my hands placed down at the edge table at both of my sides, looking down toward his falfway blueprints he is woking on.

Meybe he has feel distracted by my long gaze as he stops moving and lifting his head up, looking at me weird with an almost invisible frown on his face.

I want to laugh because he looks adorable when he is confusing on something.

"Go on, don't mind me, I just want to watch" I tell him casually with a grin and he did, focusing on his work again.

I wish he could just talk, but what to expect. I stay like that for a few minutes. Observing. But that's not too long when I start to get boring again. I push my body away from the desk and walk out from his room.

Five minutes later, I enter back to the room and go straight to where he is sitting. A yellow mug I set it down beside his scattered papers. He is looking through his PC, and when he notices something on his left. He lands his eyes on them before meeting mine.

I give him a sincere smile "For you"

He remains quiet for a few seconds before opening his mouth again.

"Thank you" He mutters so quietly that I almost can't catch it before turning to his big screen. Despite there's no single smile is displaying on his face, I'm still happy for his nice response.

"You're welcome" My smile grows wide, satisfaction. I shuffle down to his bed before laying down on my side on his pillow, deciding to play with my phone for killing the time. For a moment I check the time first.

22.15

It's still early, as my fingertip runs through the screen, scrolling over some of my social media. Then, I spend more time to chat with my two sisters. Just like how I always do, and forgetting about Daehyun with his work behind.

...

I shot my eyes open and the first thing I see is my phone had already flipped out from my hand with a complete black screen. I think I have fallen asleep. I jerk my body up in reflexion and something drop down from my shoulder. I look down and it's a blanket.

Eh?

I turn over my shoulder and found Daehyun still in his same position. He seems don't budge at all from his place since the beginning. I grab my phone an instant, and take a peep at the time.

I gasp loudly, It's two in the morning.

Why he didn't go to sleep yet? It's already past midnight. I frown upon my sleepiness and think, probably because I was sleeping on his bed a minute ago or maybe due to the caffeine I've given him which making him couldn't. I think it makes sense.

I watch the back of his head, then rubbing my eyes. "Why you didn't wake me up? I should have slept in my room Instead" My voice comes up a bit hoarse.

"I don't feel like sleeping yet" He tells me

"Really?"

"Hmm" He response, never bother to look at me. I sigh, then push off the blanket away from me before getting off from the bed. The cold starts to touch my skin as I shiver. I approach him, standing behind him for a while.

"Don't stay up too late, you can save it for tomorrow" I kindly warn, but I think it's very late now and he really should go to bed already "By the way"

I place my hand on his right shoulder and his body jolt up a bit in surprise, but quickly soften down. I'm not sure if he really does flinch, but it could be he didn't expect my touch or maybe it's just my imagination because he exactly does't know how to react. But, whatever.

"I'm leaving"

Just that I draw my hand back, muttering quiet with a yawn "Good night, Daehyun"

Yeah, I think I will just call by his name. So we can start as friends first. Maybe.

Apparently, no 'good night' back from him. So, I just dash out from the door, and go to the second bedroom before sliding myself onto the bed, swiftly drifting off to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 


I don't have anything to say other than thank you for still reading my story :)