Prologue

My numb husband

 

The hall room have been organized well and nice as a plan, full with flowers and stuffs. I didn’t participate in managing on this ceremony at all and I’m just a bride that preparing myself for getting married instead. I’m young and I know absolutely nothing about it and all I know, I’m marrying someone now. The relatives and families both side of him and me are here too as well. I’m going to be a wife and he is going to be a husband.

The pastor is standing between us and we are waiting patiently the consolidation to come to the end. I stare at the tall male that standing straight in front of me, with his full black suit and a neat tie. His black hair had styled it up well and cool. His face is a bit pale due to the makeup they put on his face but his lips seem supper red, weirdly I can’t tell if they’d applied him a lipstick or something on it. They are so moist and soft.

Perfect.

Everything about him is perfect.

But I’m just referring on his appearance.

There is one thing that bothering me about. The closer I get, the more I notice how unsettle he is in my eyes. There is an invisible flaw within him. I have been noticed them since my father walked me down to him a while ago.

Empty.

They are so empty. His eyes have nothing, completely blank.

His small smile doesn’t even make me blind to see it.

I have not shifted my gaze on him, I’m trying to read him but he only return me with the same cold stare, unbothered at all. He is like letting all pass by. He just stands there and being a robot that being controlling by someone.

The moment we agreed, the pastor mentions him to kiss me and I tear off my gaze right away, feeling nervous all over again just like how I felt in the waiting room a while ago.

I thought the kissing session is going to take long and awkward, but he proved me wrong when he slowly comes to me and gently pulls me into a kiss. I’m a bit surprised by his casual act and I don’t see him hesitate either. It’s like we are really marrying because of love.

I close my eyes and feeling his soft lips pressing against mine, gently moving them and I can hear some cheers voice at the front us, watching us in awe.

But I can’t deny that his kissing still feel nothing. It’s not what everyone thought which sweet and charming like how they are observing now. It does feel nothing at all.

We break our kiss, opening my eyes to be greeted by his narrow gaze. I chew on my bottom lip, still feeling the warm of his soft lips and blinking at him. He holds my gaze for a few second and immediately turns to the crowd before showing them a smile.

It’s a fake smile, I may say.

Staring more at him, I breathe out

I want to know about him more. I can tell his eyes have a thousand secrets

I silently determined, turning to the guests and mirroring his action.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


I'll stop it if it sounds boring and uninteresting ><