Year 1: Start

In Memoriam
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Chapter 1: Year 1: Start ▬

 

Jinki was awoken by the sound of a shrill cry early in the morning. Since the moment his son was born, this has become the norm for him. Although he didn’t mind because his son meant the world to him, a rare chance for uninterrupted nights would always be welcome. Make that any kind of sleep and rest for that matter.

He groggily looked at his nightstand with half-lidded eyes as he stared at the neon digital numbers looking right at him. His purple-colored eyes didn’t blink once until the last two numbers on the right finally changed.

“Ah, four thirty,” he mumbled under his breath. “Well, it’s time to get up anyway. Don’t want to rush and be late for work.”

After untangling himself from the comfort of his blanket and pillows, Jinki ruffled his bed hair and let out a yawn as he went into the room beside his to check on his son. The moment he entered the door, he gazed at the flailing baby in the middle of the room with tired but loving eyes.

“Good morning, little Taemin.” He picked up the little one from the crib and carried him in his arms, “You’re up early today.” After noticing the added weight, he gave a half-smile and instinctively went on his way to the bathroom, “and with good reason, too.”

 

After giving Taemin a bath and changed his diaper, Jinki walked to the living room and placed him on the mini playground that he got set up. With a rejuvenated laugh, Taemin went on his way to his toys and began to play.

“Papa will be back to make breakfast after he takes a shower, okay?” He looked at Taemin as if expecting an answer only to be replied with inaudible gurgles. “I’ll be back!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter