C 005

The Point of No Return
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Guys, are you sure she is not in a coma or something?” A baritone voice said from somewhere to the right of Hana.

“Are you sure you are a med student, Yeol? I can’t believe that you can’t tell the difference between sleeping and being in a coma. I think you should seriously consider dropping out.” A soft voice replied, his tone sounding playful.

“Can’t blame me. She has been sleeping for eighteen hours now. That’s way too long for human standards.” Yeol replied.

“Just let her be. She will come around. She is just sleeping off all the shock she received last night.” Miraculously Hana identified who the owner of this voice was. It was Jongin.

“Why are you guys so loud?” A husky voice whispered. “She needs rest. Get the hell out of this room, everyone.”

“Excuse me, this is my house. I can stay in any room I want.” Someone else snapped back, not bothering to keep their voice down.

Hearing this particular voice triggered something in Hana. Before she could stop it, scenes were flashing past one after the other through her mind, like an inescapable dream. Min Ji dead, blood pooling around her body……….the vampire……the feel of wind rushing past her body as she fell down from the top of the building to her death……a figure standing below her looking so ethereal in that bluish hue that she was not sure whether she had imagined everything in the first place or not.

She was sure that she was thrown off the building. Does that mean that she is finally dead and has started her afterlife? There was no other possible explanation for the voices she was hearing.

The first thing she saw when she finally opened her eyes was the ceiling. She slowly looked around, taking in her surroundings. She was lying on a King sized bed in the middle of the biggest bedroom she has ever seen in her life. The decors looked expensive, the bedspreads felt like they were of the finest quality, not to mention so soft that she could just melt over them if she wanted.

Raising her left hand over her face, Hana observed herself. Her hand looked as solid as ever. She could even see a small purplish bruise on her wrist. Shocked to find out that she was alive after all, she sat up quickly only to feel blood rushing through her stiff body making her head pound with intolerable pain.

“Aww.” She moaned, clutching her head with both her hands.

“Shhhh.” Someone whispered to the room at large. “She is awake.”

The small banter that was going on in the background stopped abruptly and Hana found herself looking into five pairs of eyes, that were looking intently back at her. Screaming at the top of her lungs, she willed her tired body to roll off the big bed, only to land with a dull thunk on the wooden floor.

“Someone pull her up, please. She is ruining my floor.”

A huge pair of feet appeared before Hana, owner of those legs casting a big shadow on her. Gulping, she looked up to see an extremely handsome guy with huge ears, smiling kindly back at her, his hand outstretched in her direction, willing her to take it.

“We are friends.” He said soothingly. And his voice resonated inside the room in a strange way. “We won’t hurt you. Please get back on the bed so that we can get you something to eat and drink.”

Hana looked him up and down. He looked harmless. Deciding that obeying him for now would be safe, she placed her hand in his, allowing him to pull her up. The tall guy scooped her up in his arms effortlessly and placed her gently back on the bed, pulling the covers over her once more.

“I’m Chanyeol by the way.” He said giving a goofy grin and Hana felt herself smiling back at him. “Glad to finally meet you, Hana. I have heard a lot about you from Jongin.”

As soon as Chanyeol stepped away from her line of sight, she once again had a clear view of the rest of the people gathered in the room. Sitting on a chair was Jongin, who winked at her and smiled as soon as her eyes fell on him. To his left was a short guy with a mop of short ink black hair, framing his round face, with doe like eyes and adorable heart shaped lips. He smiled encouragingly at her and bowed his head politely as a greeting. Hana bowed back at him.

“I’m Kyungsoo. Hope you are feeling better now.”

“Yes,Thank you, Kyungsoo.” She replied, a shy smile gracing her lips. Someone snorted from her right and Hana turned around so fast that she cricked her neck in the process. Frantically rubbing her neck, she looked at the person who made the offensive noise in the first place.

“Sehun?” She asked, her eyes wide and round.

Sehun didn’t bother replying but lazily turned the page of the book that he was reading.

“I made abalone porridge for you.” Kyungsoo said, bringing Hana’s attention back to him. “you must be hungry and thirsty. I will be back with the food.”

“Wait.” The husky voice Hana had heard previously, called out once again and Kyungsoo stopped walking, a look of confusion on his godly face. Hana looked around towards the source of the sound and saw someone else sitting beside Sehun on the black leather couch. The guy looked extremely cute, with his ash blond hair falling over his eyes. He had his arms crossed over his chest, making his t-shirt stretch a little over his arms, accentuating his well-toned biceps in the process. He didn’t look cute anymore to her. She noticed that he was not smiling either.

“What do you remember about last night?” The guy questioned.

“Baekhyun, I don’t think this is the best time.”  Kyungsoo said.  “She is tired. Let her eat first. Then you can question her.” So this is Baekhyun… Hana thought as she observed Baekhyun from the corner of her eyes.

“You know very well that this can’t wait, Soo.” Baekhyun replied. “Well?” He pressed, looking at Hana directly in the eye.

“I remember everything.” Hana whispered. She wanted to lie but something about Baekhyun’s personality stopped her from doing so. She somehow knew that he won’t take it lightly if she lied and moreover, this is an opportunity for her to get answers for all her questions. All five of the boys exchanged significant looks.

“What did you see?” Baekhyun pressed again and Hana was hyper aware of how the room had gone extremely silent. Even Sehun, who had his nose buried in his book until moments ago, was now looking tense, the book long forgotten and lying closed on his lap.

Hana cleared . What would she tell them? That she saw a vampire out and about and that he killed a girl and fed from her?

“We know that you were at SNU library last night.” Baekhyun stated. “I have reasons to believe that you met someone there. who is it?”

“Just tell the truth, okay?” Jongin said, smiling at her gently. “We just want to understand what happened before we turned up. What were you doing at the library that late in the evening?”

“It was my friend. She wanted to tell me something. She asked me to meet her at the library after classes ended and just like we agreed I turned up there after everyone had cleared up and-“ Hana stopped abruptly. Tears started flowing down as she recalled how lifeless Min Ji had looked as her blood pooled around her pale body.

“Go on.” Chanyeol said encouragingly. He came over and rubbed her back gently, making her feel slightly better.

“I-I saw Min Ji bleeding from her neck, the w-wound-d looking so severe that, she was half unconscious by the time I arrived. I decided to run away for help and then suddenly someone caught me.” Hana whispered. Her skin prickled. “You won’t believe me, I’m sure. But he is a vampire. He was feeding on her and had left her to die. He told me that Min Ji knew his secret and that’s why he killed her. He said he had to kill me too since I saw him in his real form too. He threw me off from the top of the building.”

Jongin clenched his fist. “What a sick bastard.”

“What else do you remember?” Sehun asked, his eyes boring into Hana’s timid ones.

“I slowed down before I hit the ground and there was someone standing below me. I don’t remember anything else.”

A heavy silence followed her revelation. “You don’t have to believe me if you don’t want to. But what I said is the truth. It was the same thing that has been killing people all this while.” Hana mumbled, tangling her fingers in the duvet.

“We believe you.” Baekhyun said with a sigh. “Because we guessed what might have happened to an extent. We just asked you in case if we missed some important points.”

 Hana remained silent. There was only one possibility for what Baekhyun had said to be true. These boys were in some way associated with the vampire. That would also explain a lot of her suspicions.

“You were at SNU when everything was happening last night?” Hana asked after finding her voice.

“How do you think you ended up alive even after falling from a great height?” Chanyeol guffawed. “It’s because Sehun appeared just in time to save you. We covered for him and made sure that Si Woo won’t come back for you again.”

“Si Woo?” Hana questioned.

“The dirty great vampire who tried to do you in.” Jongin supplied helpfully.

“Where is he now?” Hana asked trying hard not to panic. “He is not after me now right?”

“We took care of him.” Chanyeol said.

“What do you mean by that?” Hana asked confused.

“He is in Leikan now.” He elaborated.

“What in the world is a Leikan?” She asked exasperated.

“It’s a prison where we detain rouge supernaturals.” Baekhyun answered her. “He won’t be out for a long time. So you are safe for now.”

“What about later?” Hana asked fearfully. She surely had no chance of surviving if Si Woo came back for her.

“We will be keeping watch, don’t worry.” Jongin said, looking carefree, not the least bit bothered that a blood thirsty vampire is spending his time in a cell waiting to get out, to take revenge.

“But you guys are involved aren’t you?” Hana blurted out. “You are vampires too aren’t you? Isn’t that why you were covering up for another fellow vampire’s mess?”

”HOW DOES SHE KNOW ALL THESE STUFF?” Chanyeol shouted. “SHE IS NOT A SPY, IS SHE?”

Hana eyed everyone in the room. All of them looked extremely surprised that she knew a great deal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter