C 014

The Point of No Return
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I thought you were planning to stay here for another week!” Grandma said, a pout evident on her thin wrinkly lips. She set down hot porridge on the dining table and wiped her hands on her apron.

“I have an important work to attend to, Grandma. I have to go back now.” Hana tried really hard to hide the fear that was wreaking havoc on her system from showing on her face. “I’m sorry.”

“I can see you lying through your lips.” Grandma retorted. “You are going because of some other reason.”

“Chanyeol’s ill.” Sehun replied, saving Hana from the discomfort of having to lie to her grandma again. “We are badly in need of an extra helping hand at the café.”

“That could have been easily arranged.” Grandma challenged. “You should have recruited a temporary part timer for this job. Why her?”

Sehun contemplated the two women standing in front of him for a couple of moments ,took a deep breath and sighed. “I want Hana back in Seoul because I miss her so much that I don’t want us to be apart any more.”

Even though Hana was scared less about whatever is going on, she couldn’t help herself from having a very curious tingling sensation flowing down her spine when she heard Sehun saying that. Did he really miss her or is this an excuse he made up so that he can take her away from this place?

Hana saw her grandma pursing her lips as she thought things through.

“Fine. You win. Take her and get the hell out of this house.” She spat. “The next time you comeback, be ready for a bone breaking work schedule, young man.”

Sehun bowed really low in response. Hana quickly packed her things and without wasting much time, both of them rushed out of the house. Hana was struggling so hard to keep shut since she was bursting with hundreds of questions to ask Sehun. Just as they descended the front steps towards the car parked outside the gate, they saw Chan Woo leaning against the bonnet. He didn’t smile when his eyes landed on their approaching figures.

“The freak show is back.” Chan Woo said, his mouth twisting in obvious anger as he took in how Sehun’s arm was protectively wrapped around Hana’s waist.

“Get lost.” Sehun said with an anger that matched Chan Woo’s. “I honestly don’t have time for this.”

“This was done by your kind right?” Chan Woo said, pulling the all too familiar newspaper out of his pockets and waving it under Sehun’s nose. Sehun gave a grim node as confirmation.

“.” Chan Woo mused. “What are we even going to do about this?” He asked after he collected his thoughts.

“We are currently monitoring the situation. We are also trying our best to make sure that attacks like this will not happen again.”

“Any clue as to who would have done this?” Chan Woo asked. Sehun gave a very worried look in Hana’s direction.

“You said it is a vampire attack.” Hana pressed.

“We believe that it is one of Se Woo’s minions.” Sehun admitted. “It’s their way of taking revenge for his imprisonment.”

“Who is Se Woo?” Chan Woo asked looking at both Sehun and Hana. They didn’t bother replying as they were looking at each other lost in their own thoughts.

“Come back to Seoul. We can talk in detail.” Sehun said, tearing his eyes away from Hana’s to spare a glance at Chan Woo. He quickly ushered Hana into the passenger seat.

 

 

“I’m so scared Sehun.” Hana whispered. The car was now speeding through the highway that connected Jinhae to Seoul.

“It will be alright, sweetheart.” Sehun murmured. He wrapped his free hand over Hana’s cold finger and gave them a squeeze.

“This is all because of me.” Hana said, as tears rolled down her cheeks.

“What the hell.” Sehun said. “How in the world are you thinking like this? How can this be your fault?”

“If only I had gone for help that day….if only I had not been so stupidly scared…”

“You could have never gone for help, trust me.” Sehun retorted angrily. “You are just a human. How do you expect yourself to be faster than a vampire? Plus, vampires have amazing sense of smell. He might have already smelled out your presence before you had even gotten yourself caught. Even if you had run for help, he would have easily tracked you down and would have killed you.”  When Hana looked like she was not convinced yet, he continued. “You would have died that day had it not been for us. So it’s us who put him in Leikan. So his revenge is directed towards us. Not at you.”

“So what are you guys going to do now?” Hana asked, trying hard to feel numb so that she will not think much.

“We are not sure.” Sehun said. “We will try our best to stop this from happening again of course. But there are only five of us and there are only a small number of places we can be at the same time. We cannot make the Leikan guards come out too because if they do then the prisoners will have a great time escaping prison.”
“What I don’t understand is that why is your community so hushed up about it?” Hana asked pointing the obvious. “Don’t they feel atleast a bit responsible towards all these horrifying deaths?”

“Don’t you get it Hana?” Sehun asked. “They are okay with this happening because they hate humans. They hate the fact that they live in a world governed by frail, mortal beings. They also hate the fact that they are forced to hide their true self.”

“What a twisted mindset.”

“Very few like us think otherwise.” Sehun finished.

The ride was mostly silent for the rest of the way as each of them was lost in their own share of tormenting thoughts. They arrived at Seoul around afternoon. The city looked as though it was blanketed in fear. People on the streets had grim expressions on their faces. They were also moving in tightly knit groups. Many shops were closed. Giant screens adorning skyscrapers had only one thing to show- The photo of the burning car and the investigations going on regarding what led to this.

 Sehun rode through a relatively empty street and with in the next few minutes, they were pulling into the parking lot of the café. The parking lot was empty expect for their ride and a Mercedes G-Class, which Hana immediately recognized as Chanyeol’s. The windows of the café were all boarded

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter