Someone New

Forced Ties

Forced Ties Chapter 1 : 

 

Jimin is a man who doesn’t do much in his life. His career revolves around design marketing, and product design. Finding a job that is enjoyable and brings in the big bucks can be quite a challenge. Jimin never wanted to do business, it just wasn’t his environment. However, his parents had convinced him that its not so bad. You can say Jimin is pretty talented in art, so that’s what he chose. After graduating college, with the help of his parents he released his own store and company. He was told that that was such a basic job, it won’t stand out. But even so, he could careless on his parents’ opinion.

 

Taehyung, is a man who does a lot in life. He is the young possible future CEO of his father’s company. Unfortunately for him, he is the second son in his family. The Kims have a huge string of hotels that they have their hands own. Recently, they’ve just opened two brand new hotels. One in San Francisco, California, and another in London, England. You can say it’s pretty cliché that Taehyung dislikes his job, but he does. Not to an extent where he would rebel against his parents though. He finds his own ways to make it entertaining for him. 

 

It’s quite odd actually, how did these two different people end up being caught in an arranged marriage?

 

“Mom, I said I don’t want to. I don’t even know the guy!” Jimin complains once he received the news.

“You young adults always speak of nonsense. I didn’t know your father when I married him, and we’re completely fine,” Mrs. Park sighed. Jimin groaned, throwing himself on his bed. He was so happy until now. There’s still so many young years for him to spend single, yet now he’s getting married, to a man too. No, he’s not homophobic. Same marriages have been accepted more and more as years pass, but Jimin, is straight. He thinks, and hopes. “The guy’s extremely rich. It’ll help boost your company and stores, just go along with it, okay?” Jimin rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

“I don’t care that he’s rich, I’m doing fine.”

 

>>>

 

“Dad, you can’t make me marry a guy. In fact, I don’t want to get married at all yet,” Taehyung argued in his father’s office. His dad stared at him, calm, the complete opposite of Taehyung. 

“You know this is how it works in the business industry. We made a deal with Mr. And Mrs. Park, but we cannot trust them. I had no choice but to hand you over and create family ties,” Mr. Kim says. Taehyung breathed heavily with anger in his eyes. He shouldn’t be this angry, but he seriously is not interested in relationships. They’re so time consuming. The partners, they’re always so clingy and begging to do this and that. Taehyung hated it the idea of relationships. Life is so much easier when you’re alone, making your own decisions.

“What about Taehoon? He’s still quite young, probably closer in age to this Park. Oh, and he’s still pure, why not shape him into the great business man you want?” Taehyung retorted. Mr. Kim kept his dead character and stayed calm.

“Your younger brother is only in high school, he still has much more to learn.”

“But-“

“Taehyung, marry the man.”

 

Taehyung stomped out of his father’s office, and out of the company. He drove over to his friend Jungkook’s office and cooled down in there. 

“Taehyung, why are you even upset? You saw this coming,” Jungkook said as he continued his design on his iMac. 

“Yea, but Jungkook you know how I feel about relationships,” Taehyung returned. 

“I mean, I’m in a relationship with you, we’re friends.”

“You know what I mean,” Taehyung scoffed and got up from the couch he was sitting on. He walked over to the window and looked out into Seoul. In this crowded place, he couldn’t manage to find a single soul he’d want to love. 

 

There were many times where girls would confess to him during his school days. He rejected them all coldly. Even though he’s “mean”, girls just couldn’t get enough of him and kept confessing their love to him. Taehyung really had no opinion on their feelings at all. It was all just for the looks anyways. No one really knew him and liked him for him. 

 

“You know Tae, this might actually be good for you. You’re still young and having someone tied onto you will release stress for when you grow up and need to find someone,” Jungkook perched up from his desk.

“That’s kind of messed up, but I guess you’re right,” Taehyung said, looking back down at the city. Like all the other girls, he didn’t care about his future spouse’s feelings at all. 

 

>>>

 

Jimin was currently at his friend Seokjin’s restaurant. He played with the lotus roots in his steamed pork bowl, nudging at the pretty roots. Across from him, sat Jin who stuffed his mouth with steamed chicken and mushrooms with rice. Jimin felt so locked up that he couldn’t even enjoy his hyung’s delicious food he had cooked. 

“Jimin, eat, you’ll feel so much better, trust me,” Jin said in between bites. Jimin nodded and lifted his spoon to his mouth, slowly sipping on the soup. It was an amazing taste like usual, but it wasn’t enough to make his soul amazing. “Come on, you’re y, single, I don’t see what’s the issue here. The guy will surely love you.”

“Jin, that’s not the point. I, I just, don’t know him at all. What if he is a horrible person? What if he’s not y and single like me? What if-“

“Shhhhh, don’t continue. What if’s, I don’t believe in them. They’re most of the time negative, and I really don’t like negativity,” Jin said wiping his mouth with a napkin. “I feel you, but what can you do? Run away? Try loving him, you’ll be stuck with him for the rest of your life.”

 

What Jin had said is true. Jimin will be stuck with him for the rest of his life. It is not easy to get a divorce in the business industry, especially if it’s arranged. If it’s not, oh boy you’d be apart in a snap. 

 

After “talking” it out with his hyung, Jimin headed home. There was one more person who he could think of to share his matter with. Although he may not do too much help either.

“Jimin?” The guy answers.

“Jungkook,” Jimin breathed while laying on his bed. He held his phone closer to his face.

“Hey, how are you?” 

“Horrible. My parents told me I’m getting married to this rich man, ugh.” Jimin frowned when he heard Jungkook quietly laughing through the line. “Yah, why are you laughing?”

“That’s what you get for not choosing your passion idiot.”

“Tsk, you know my parents will never allow me to become an idol.”

“What do you want me to do then?”

“Just, talk to me. I just want to be surrounded by the people I know and love before moving in with a stranger.”

“Alright,”

 

While talking with Jimin on the phone, Jungkook shut down his iMac and headed out. “Taehyung?”

Jimin’s sentence trailed off as he heard Jungkook start speaking to someone else.

“You’re still here?” Jungkook exclaimed. 

“Can I crash at yours tonight? I don’t feel like going home,” Taehyung said tiredly, getting up from the cold floor. 

“Okay I gotta go, I call you later tonight okay?” Jungkook said to Jimin before hanging up.

“Who’s that? Your girl?” Taehyung asks as he gets into the passenger seat. Jungkook chuckled.

“I wished, but no, he’s just a friend.” Taehyung just nods without anymore thoughts to it and leans his head against the window. 

 

Taehyung woke up to the call of his name and light shaking from Jungkook. He rubbed his eyes and just followed Jungkook inside. From then on, he knew exactly where the guest room is and made himself comfortable. Before he closed the door, he heard Jungkook talking with his friend again on the phone.

 

“Sorry, I was driving earlier,” Jungkook apologized. 

“It’s all good, at least you hung up to drive.” Their conversation carried on, or you could say Jungkook lent an ear to Jimin who ranted for the longest about life. Jungkook sipped on insamju (refined rice wine with ginseng) while listening to his friend let out his anger. Eventually, Jungkook made his way to his bed and was all snuggled up, still listening to Jimin, who’s now crying. 

“I’m so sorry for bothering you today,” Jimin sniffled.

“No no, it’s okay, you weren’t a bother,” Jungkook comforted. 

“Th-thanks,” Jimin sniffled again.

“I’ll always be here for you okay angel, don’t put so much on you when you can’t handle it all. You’re so precious, and I- I can’t stand to see you in such state, so, promise to not be like this when you get married, okay?” Jungkook said, but there was no response. “Jimin?” Instead of sniffling or the angelic voice again, Jungkook was answered with a snore. Chuckling, Jungkook said goodnight and hung up. 

 

The next morning, Taehyung woke up to zero miscalls. It wasn’t anything new, but he hoped for at least one from someone, wondering if he’s okay or anything. Rubbing his eyes, he sat up and took in the beautiful light shining through the curtains. All over the ground was his suit he had on the day before. Naturally, he takes off his clothes during his sleep if he hadn’t before he slept. It was only 7:30, and Taehyung knew he should head home, but he was still too tired to get up. In the other room, Jungkook is in the exact same stage. , but with his underpants on, sleeping in, and absorbing the morning light. 

 

A few days has passed, and the wedding date is just getting nearer, and nearer. Jimin was out shopping for his wedding suit with Jin. There wasn’t a wide color range to choose from, but that made Jimin glad. Some colors are just not made for suits. Jimin tried on every suit that had attracted him, Jin stepping in to be his groom at the moment. The pair posed ridiculously in front of the mirror, laughing about it after a few seconds passed. Then heading back into the changing rooms and coming out with a different suit. In the end, Jimin chose a matte with slight sheen royal blue blazer, trousers, and a tie. The undershirt and pocket square is white. He felt like a handsome prince, and couldn’t stop admiring himself in the mirror. Mrs. Park had given Jimin his future husband’s number so that he could send his chosen outfit to him. 

 

When Taehyung received the photo, he was excited to see how his groom would look like, but instead the outfit was laid out on the bed. He frowned and fell back into his chair, but then guessing from the size of the clothes, his future spouse seems to be quite skinny.

“I hope he isn’t a stick or health freak,” Taehyung had said plainly, heading back to work.

 

That evening, Taehyung dragged his friend Jungkook to go get his clothes.  He had said he would get whatever looked nice with what Jimin had choosen. That was the one thing that made Jimin proud of himself, he was basically in charge of the designs for his own wedding. He has been working on the invitation cards, making sure they’re perfect. The only problem is, he couldn’t really do much with no photos. Yes, the photos….

 

Both Jimin and Taehyung freaked out when the day for wedding photos arrived. Neither one wanted to see each other at all, nor touch each other. 

“It won’t be that horrible. Just hug the guy, get a few snaps, and you’ll be back to creating those invitation cards,” Mrs. Park said while applying a generous amount of mascara onto her lashes. 

“But mom, didn’t you say that I shouldn’t be the creator of my own invitation card?” Jimin reminded her.

She blinked twice before answering, “Aren’t you super excited for designing and being in charge of your whole wedding though?”

And Jimin clearly was. His mom just did her best to keep Jimin somewhat positive and go through with this marriage. The company wasn’t looking good. 

 

The corner of Jimin’s lips curved upwards the slightest bit on the way to the set. He had forgotten about his future spouse, and all he could think about is all the possible designs he can do. His parents sat in another car comfortably, glad that Jimin hasn’t cause trouble yet. Back when he was still in high school, his parents thought it would be nice to buy him a friend. 

“Get out!” Jimin threw a pillow at the poor boy. 

“But Jimin-“

“You don’t even like me!” Jimin shouted, throwing another pillow.

“I- I-“

“Stop!” 

“Jimin calm down!” 

“Hoseok-“

 

Hoseok jumped on top of Jimin, wrapping his arms around him, stopping him from throwing anymore pillows and a possible punch. Jimin’s eyes widened before pushing Hoseok off. “You- get out.” He said sternly. Hoseok gave him one last look before running off. After that, he had quit his job of being Park Jimin’s friend. When Jimin had found out about his parents buying someone to be his friend, his heart broke. It only made him disliked them even more. A friend cannot be bought, that’s not how it works. 

 

Meanwhile, Taehyung had to be knocked out by Taehoon. Once unconscious, they dragged him into the car, tied up. It was a bit, extreme you could say, but Taehyung would run away if not. 

 

When Taehyung awoke, he was still tied up and left in the car. The car wasn’t moving, so he assumed they’ve reach their destination. “Hello?” Taehyung shouts, peering throughout the car and windows. He saw sight of no one, so sighing, he falls back into the seat. 

 

Jimin had changed into his wedding suit and was getting his hair and makeup done. His parents told him that they won’t be able to make it due to some work issues. He didn’t mind at all, because honestly he didn’t want them to come. 

 

Once his blonde hair was set in place and his skin was glowing naturally, he went out onto the set outside. The beautiful ocean was in the background. From information given to him earlier, Jimin and his future partner would be taking photos under the huge tree blocking the sunlight. The only issue is, his partner hasn’t arrived yet. He was getting quite impatient, but no one else seemed to be. Since it felt like they’ll be waiting for eternity, Jimin walked around in search of entertainment. 

 

He soon regretted his decisions in doing so, due to the blazing sun. “Aish, is that tree the only shade they have here?” He complains, lifting his hand above his eyes. Before Jimin could continue to walk, his stylist called him to return. Apparently the groom lost track of time and had arrived just a few minutes ago. Just from this small amount of information, Jimin already knew this is a trait he wouldn’t like about his partner. 

 

“Jimin, you’re all red and sweaty now,” one of the stylist said and reached for a napkin. He quickly patted the sweat away and reapplied some bb cream. Jimin thanked him and went over to a cooler and took out a cold water bottle. He had nothing better to do, so Jimin played around with one of the photographers extra digital camera. 

 

>>>

 

Taehyung’s worker eventually came to untie him. “Mr. Kim, you must hurry, everyone is waiting for you.”

“I would if I weren’t tied up,” Taehyung said and quickly followed the man. They led him into a little tent where he got changed and was prepared for the shoot. “Don’t do a poor job because you are all rushing, okay?” Taehyung demanded. 

 

When Taehyung arrived on set, no one seemed to notice. “Hey, are you the photographer? I’m here, let’s quickly get this over with,” Taehyung said mindless, shoving his hands into his pockets and looking around. 

“Excuse me, but I am not the photographer, I’m the groom idiot,” he heard. Taehyung followed the voice and saw a small man, glaring at him. 

“Ahh,” he said with a playful smile. “So you’re the man I’ll be marrying.” Jimin looked at him oddly, with the sudden change of attitude. 

“Yes, and you?” 

“I’m also the groom. It’s not nice meeting you, hurry up so we can go home.”

Jimin scoffed at him, and set the camera down. “Rude.”

 

Jimin and Taehyung were extremely awkward with each other, who wouldn’t be. They wouldn’t even touch each other, and the smiles were too uneasy. “Please, hug or wrap your arms around each other,” the photographer suggested. Taehyung sighed and lifted his arm, but Jimin glared at him. Ignoring the glare, Taehyung pulls Jimin closer, looking him right in the eye. Their faces were a few centimeters apart. Taehyung’s eyes beautifully displayed a lust filled aura. All he could focus on were those plump lips of the blonde male. Jimin’s eye’s widened at this. He was frozen, which worked out well because the photographer was able to get a few shots. 

 

At first, it was Taehyung doing all the work. Making the first moves, leading the poses. It didn’t take long for Jimin to follow through. He still despised Taehyung for whatever reason, but smiles were starting to appear. Every once and awhile, Taehyung would squeeze Jimin exceedingly hard or get too close to him. Through his forced smile, Jimin would quietly curse at him or stomp on Taehyung’s foot. It would repeat like this over and over. 

“Don’t you dare,” Jimin gritted. Taehyung smirked and wrapped his arms around his partner’s waist, pulling him close and taking a whiff of scent from his neck. Jimin grabbed Taehyung’s hands and squeezed them as hard as he could, only causing Taehyung to squeeze him harder. The clicks and flashes continued, disregarding the couple’s fighting. 

 

“All right, that’s a wrap,” the photographer said. Jimin turned around to curse at Taehyung again, but his lips lightly grazed against Taehyung’s cheek. Little pink circles appeared on both men’s cheeks. Jimin was still in Taehyung’s grasp, both had forgotten. The exchange in stares were broken when Taehyung smirked. Jimin slid his hands up to Taehyung’s chest and pushed him away. 

“N- nothing happened,” he said and rushed over to his tent. Taehyung chuckled lightly, returning to his tent too. 

 

Before Taehyung got a chance to interact with Jimin again, he had found that the latter already returned home. He didn’t like Jimin anyways, it’s not like he cares. Although, today didn’t go as bad as he thought it would. 

 

>>>

 

About a week later, Jimin received the wedding photos. He giggled as he recalls what happened that day. The photos came out better than he had thought. Now he couldn’t decide on which ones to use for the cards.

 

“Jimin! Someone’s here for you!” His mother shouted. He closed his laptop lid and headed downstairs. For some reason, he had hoped it was Taehyung. 

 

“Oh,” Jimin said, sounding disappointed.

“What’s with the “oh”? Expected someone else?” Jungkook teased. “But I was just here to discuss some matters with you.”

 

Jimin didn’t understand why Jungkook didn’t just call him instead. His company had wanted to collaborate with Jimin’s once more. 

“Well I am releasing my new monthly box, maybe you guys could help out there,” Jimin suggested.

 

Jimin froze as Taehyung suddenly wrapped his arms around his waist, pulling the older closer. He rested his head on Jimin’s shoulder and whispered, “Why are you so beautiful?”

 

It sent shivers down Jimin’s back, causing him to straighten his posture. “Hmm? Tell me,” Taehyung asked, staring into Jimin’s eyes. Jimin felt hot and insecure. His face was starting to turn into a tomato.

“Wh- where’s Jungkook?” 

 

“Jungkook? Don’t worry about him babe,” Taehyung said in a deep voice, rubbing Jimin’s thighs. Jimin gasped as Taehyung’s hand moved closer to his crotch. Their face getting closer and closer, lips almost connecting. 

 

“Tell me beautiful, how am I this lucky?”