The proposing

Agreement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks, they didn't see each other for 2 weeks because Chaeyoung went to Japan for opening her company branch.

Mina choose a corner table, far away from other people in this restaurant, she asked chaeyoung if she's free for lunch, and chaeyoung said yes. She comes earlier rather than the time they are agree on. She need it time anyway, she reminiscing the words she would say to chaeyoung as a proposal. Well not that kind of romantic proposal. Just an agreement between them. That is if chaeyoung agree of course.

"You came early" chaeyoung voice startled Mina.

Mina glance at the watch on her wrist, "you too..." she responded

"Well, wouldn't want you to wait, you must be missed this face so much" chaeyoung pointed at her face, Mina scoffed at that.

"You're so full of yourself"

They ordered their food and continue talking, mostly Chaeng dominate the talk or more like nagging about Mina don't want to accompany her went to Japan and she didn't know any Japanese, and she have to depend to a translator, and she's not sure the translator know the documents he read.

"I'm not your representative Chaeng, and I can't be your representative you know that"

Chaeyoung groan at that, "then work for me, I pay you double."

Mina just laugh, "no way... I work this hard to earn my position, it's not about money Chaeng"

"I know" Chaeyoung answered softly. "I met your Mom actually, with your dad, we had lunch" chaeyoung said, change the topic.

Mina lift her eyebrow at the new information, "I didn't know that, I talked to mom 2 days ago and she didn't say anything about you guys met"

"Yeah? Well she said she misses you, and asked me why you didn't came with me"

"Aww.. I miss her too"

Chaeyoung smile at that, "so you said you need to discuss something with me?"

Mina expression change a bit, suddenly remember what she originally planned for this lunch with chaeyoung. Mina take a deep breath at that and start.

"You remembered the promotion I said to you?"

"Bout being senior partner?" Mina nodded, "yeah, what about it?"

Mina stare at chaeyoung still don't know how to say it, "forget it.. " Mina finally answer with a bitter chuckle, suddenly lost courage in front of chaeyoung. She didn't want to things get awkward if chaeyoung didn't say yes.

"Hey.." chaeyoung reach Mina's hand, "tell me... was this thing that make you seems so off lately?" Mina still not responding, "you didn't get the promotion?" Mina shakes her head, "then tell me what is it?"

"I might need your help with that"

Chaeyoung chuckle at that, "what can I help you then? You want me to talk to your boss to give that promotion to you? I can go further than that if you want..."

"Well... its not that, ugh... " Mina feels frustrated don't know how to say it, and chaeyoung think frustrated Mina is really y. Okay, so not the time to think about that, chaeyoung thought.

"I don't want us to get awkward, or you will think of me differently" Mina reasons

"Then tell me what is it? You make me curious too"

"I need to get married if I want that promotion"


Silence. 


Mina waited for chaeyoung reaction.

"And do you have someone?" Chaeyoung finally asked

"No"

At a glance Mina can see that Chaeyoung somehow relieved? "I need to be with someone, if I want to get it, and I... you know... I mean, we seeing each other for 2 years now... and I.. I mean, you're not seeing someone and don't have a girlfriend too, i know that we're not together exclusively and maybe..." chaeyoung stifled her laugh listening Mina rambling with flustered face, and stuttering, is really a sight to see.

She rarely see a very compose, and calm Mina become a stuttering mess. She let Mina talk and talk for the past 5 minutes try to explain herself. Chaeyoung get the main point what Mina try to said.

"Are you proposing to me?" Chaeyoung tease Mina

"I... well.. kind of..." Mina blushing hard at that, "I mean, it's totally okay if you don't want, but if you do we can... you know, we can make contract for that, it might seems that I don't value the process, or marriage life, but you know, I won't force you, and I greatl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter