The Things I Knew (Renjun)

What is a Friend?

WARNING: VIOLENCE AND BULLYING IN THIS CHAPTER. STOP WHEN YOU SEE ********** AND BEGIN AGAIN WHEN YOU SEE THAT AGAIN.

Renjun's POV


Today has been a pain. It's only the second day of the new school year, and already I have to put my "Student Body President" role into action, which happens to be stressful as I don't know what. I can't wait till the next election, which I'm not participating in. That's not even why it's a pain though. Jaemin and I usually walk to school together, but this time Jaemin lost his backpack so me, being the good friend I am, stayed and helped him find his backpack. We ended up not getting to school till a little before lunch. I had to go talk to my teachers, and Jaemin went to go do whatever. I ended up getting detention, which wasn't that bad, but I was still upset about it. At lunch when I saw Jisung with Jaemin I decided I would perk up a bit. I get the feeling that Jisung's shy and bad vibes would make him cave, so I smiled and waved, but he looked down instead of waving. I just sighed, at least I'm making an effort.


 "Guys!" Jaemin said announcing his arrival. I looked at him, and waited for what he was gonna say next. "Haechan-ah!" 


 I looked at Haechan and he said "What Jaemin, I'm in the middle of talking to Mark and then suddenly when you come to the table all eyes have to be on you." 


 "Calm down Haechan." Mark said. "What's up Nana?" 


 "So you're on his side." Haechan pouted. I wish he would stop being a brat.


 "Who's the new guy?" Chenle asked.


 "That's what I was getting to. Everyone, this is Jisung, he's joining our dance club!" 


"So you're the new member. Cute! Welcome to club hot where everyone, except Haechan, is hot." Chenle laughed.


 "You're not hot Big Head." Haechan retorted. "Nice to meet you Jisung. I'm Haechan, and probably the handsomest guy you'll ever see in your lifetime."


 "Ignore them." Mark said. "I'm Mark, second most mature to Renjun. I only say second because he'll kill me if I say first."


 "That's right." I said laughing inwardly "Hey Jisung!" 


 "We never got properly introduced." Jeno said. "I'm Jeno, and that idiot over there that never told his name, is Chenle."


 "Oh. Sorry." Chenle said.


 "So, Jisung where are you from?" Chenle asked me.


 "I- I'm from here, I mean Seoul." Jisung stuttered.


 "Ahh, I'm from China, so is Renjun. Mark is from Canda, Jeno is from Incheon, and Jaemin and Haechan are from Seoul too." Chenle said. Like we couldn't have told Jisung ourselves.


 "Oooh Jisung-ah, do you have an Instagram?" Haechan asked. "I wanna stalk you." 


 "No, I don't." Jisung said looking down as if his hands were the most interesting thing in the world.


Then I remembered "Oh, Jisung. I never got back to you on the topic of your phone number."


"Oh yeah, we should add you to the group chat."  Jeno chimed in.


"I don't have a phone." Jisung said quietly. Then something clicked in my mind. I guess he's not just loyal to his shoes. I'll just observe for awhile though, to see if I'm right.


"If you don't have a phone or an Instagram, what do you have?" Chenle asked.


Mark shook his head at Chenle and said "Don't be rude Chenle. How should we contact you outside of school?" 


 "I have an email." Jisung mumbled


 "Email? Jaemin what have you done? You've invited a cave man into our group." Haechan said.


"Shut up Haechan!" I said, trying to tell him through a glare no more should be said on the subject of what Jisung does and doesn't have. "An email is perfect. Do you have a gmail so we could maybe use hangouts for our group chat? "


 "Yes." He nodded.


 "Great! I'll create the group chat when I get home later. Everyone write your gmail on this piece of paper." I said giving Haechan a paeper to write on.
Once they wrote their emails and gave me the paper back Jisung asked me "What's your email Renjun hyung?"  


"[email protected]" I told him.


 "It should've been [email protected]" Chenle said laughing annoyingly.


"That's right Chenle. That's why you're not gonna wake up tomorrow, because I'm gonna murder you." I said.


"Hey, you know what I just realized?" Chenle asked in that Lele way that made everything seem dramatic.


 "What Chenle? You're always realizing something no one cares about." Jeno responded.


 "You don't care Jeno because you're no fun." Chenle retorted "But, I just realized that, drum roll please Mark." Mark gave Chenle a drum roll like he usually does when Chenle's about to announce something. "I just realized that I'm no longer the youngest here!" 


 "You went through all that just to say you're not the youngest?" asked Jeno.
 "You wouldn't understand Jeno, unfortunately your sense of humor died a long time ago, may it rest in piece." Chenle said trying to annoy Jeno. Jeno just rolled his eyes.


 "You're right though Chenle, you're no longer the youngest." Jaemin said "Which means I'll just have to baby Jisungie!" Jaemin said pulling Jisung into one of his death hugs.


"Right, everything we used to do for Chenle we now have to do for Jisung instead." I said trying to bother him.


 "No fair." Chenle whined pouting. 


 "Hey, you asked for it." Mark pointed out.


 "I was just stating a fact." Chenle said.


 "You're always just stating a fact. One day you're gonna state a fact and your gonna die because you were just 'stating a fact.'" Jeno said jokingly.


 "Was that supposed to be a joke? Because it wasn't funny." Chenle said. Jeno stuck his tongue out and Chenle laughed.


 "Jisung you are now officially our baby, understand?" Jaemin said.


"Nana, calm down before you creep him out. " Mark said.


 "Fine." Jaemin said pouting, and Jisung laughed.


 "Jisung you should laugh more often." Jaemin said. The rest of lunch I kinda spaced out thinking about my day then Chenle said something about a party. I'm not really a party person, small areas with lots of people made me uncomfortable, but I didn't want to debate because either way one of these idiots would make me go. Then we went to pick new hair colors. We do it whenever we get sick of our old hair colors, which for Chenle happens pretty quickly. Anyway, Chenle had to do a lot of trying to convince Jisung to let him dye his hair eventually when Jaemin chimed in we got him to agree to it.
 "Chenle!" I called him after we left the cafeteria.


 "Yeah?" Chenle said turning to face me.


 "Can you buy Jisung hair dye?" I asked


 "Yeah, but why?" He asked a little confused.


 "I'm thinking that Jisung may not be as well off as we are, and now we've literally forced him into something he probably wouldn't have done on his own. If my guess is wrong just consider it a kind gesture, and for now don't speak a word of it to him. Either way it's the nice thing to do" I said.


 "Oh, I see. But, why don't you get it?" He asked.


 "Because I'm broke, and you're rich." I responded.


 "Oh, ok. I'll see you tomorrow." Chenle said race walking to his next class. I laughed a the motion. The rest of the day went as usual except for detention, which I spent with Jaemin, the most boring part of my day. Once I got out I immediately went to go get my hair dye from a convenient store nearby, it wasn't the nicest place, but I figured it would be cheap. After about an hour in the store I decided to ask a store clerk for help.


 "Excuse me." I said coming up to the register.


 "Yeah." Said the boy at the register who's voice i recognized as Jisung's before he even turned around. "Renjun!" He gasped startled "What are you doing here?" 


 "I need to buy hair dye. Why are you acting so surprised?" I asked.


 "I just didn't expect to see you here." He said.


 "Can you help me find the color I need? It's like a brownish blondish color." I said not knowing what to actually call it.


 "Sorry I'm not really good with that. I can get someone who can help you though?" He offered.


 "Yeah." I said.


 He turned away, then turned back just as fast and said "Oh, Renjun hyung, can you do me a favor and not tell the others that I work here?" 


 "Why?"


 "This isn't exactly the best place to have to work." He said lowering his voice so that people near by couldn't hear him. "It's kind of embarrassing." 


 "Sure, but I don't think they'd really care." I shrugged


 "Thank you!" He said perking up a bit. "I'll go get someone to help you now." Moments later he came with someone named Taeyong and he helped me pick the right color. He seemed really nice, but I was in a rush to get home so I didn't talk very much. When I got home I created the group chat on my phone. My parents weren't home, but they left me money for food so I ordered a pizza. When I sat down my  phone started buzzing with notifications.


Lee Jeno joined the group
Lee Donghyuck joined the group
Zhong Chenle joined the group
Na Jaemin joined the group
Mark (Minhyung) Lee joined the group


Lee Donghyuck - NO ONE IS ALOUD TO TALK UNTIL WE FIX OUR NAMES!!!!!


Huang Renjun - Didn't you just say something?


Lee Donghyuck - Shhhhhhhhhhh


Lele - Done!


Lee Jeno - We're using the same names in this chat as we do the others right?


Lee Donghyuck - Yes


Na Jaemin - Which means the rules are the same?


Lee Donghyuck - Yes


Na Jaemin - Darn it.


Lele - Lol


Lee Hyung - Done


Junie - !


Haechan (The Sun) - What Junie?


Junie - Everyone was saying done so I decided to say something different.


Haechan (The Sun) - Oh


Nananananana - We all done?


Lee Hyung - I think


Lele - Good
Cause I need to talk
Which colors should I get light green or dark green?


Nananananana - Light green


Je-no-fun - I don't know


Lele - You're no help


Nananananana - Light green would look better.


Lele - You haven't seen it


Nananananana - We're in the same store Lele
I'm literally looking right at you


Lele - Oh hi


Lee Hyung - *shakes head*


Haechan (The Sun) - lol


Junie - I think you should get dark green


Park Jisung joined the group 


Lele - I don't want to buy the dark green one Renjun.


Junie - You asked my opinion and I gave it to you.


Nananananana - I still think the light green one looks better.


Lele - All of them are ugly. Why'd I have to get stuck with green???


Je-no-fun - You picked it your stuck with it. 


Lee Hyung changed the group name to Dumb Hoes


Lee Hyung - That's what you guys are acting like.


Nananananana - Mark changes the group chat name more than me
yet you ban me? 
No fair
Oh, hi Sungie!


Park Jisung - Hi.


Haechan (The Sun) - NO!!!!!
This isn't right until you have a nickname.
From now on  you're Sungie until we find a better one 
now go change it before you talk anymore.


Nananananana - Rude


Lele - That's just our Donghyukie 


Sungie - Haechan's name is Donghyuck?


Lee Hyung - Oh, yeah it is.


Haechan (The Sun) - It was supposed to be a secret until week 2, but oh well


Sungie - I don't know why it matters.


Haechan (The Sun) - Am I hearing disrespect from our maknae?


Sungie - I didn't mean it


Lele - Don't worry Jisung it's ok to disrespect Haechan.


Sungie - Ok then, I take it back.


Haechan (The Sun) - Hey


Junie - Don't teach sungie wrong Chenle.


Lele - We still haven't solved my problem
WHAT SHADE SHOULD I GET??????


Nananananana changed the group name to LELE HAIR SQUAD


Je-no-fun - JAEMIN YOU'RE BAND!!


Je-no-fun kicked Nananananana out of the group


Right after Jeno kicked Jaemin out he texted me.


Na Jaemin


Can you invite me back to the chat?

I don't know. I'll have to consult the others.


So I went back to the chat to ask them.


Junie - Nana just texted me and told me to invite him back
Should I?


Lele - He broke the rules he must pay


Sungie - May I know the rules so I don't make a mistake?


Haechan (The Sun) - We don't have any
Lele messed up
He broke his ban so he must pay


Lele - Yeah whatever


Lee Hyung - Just add him back
Or I will


Je-no-fun - Fine


Je-no-fun added Nananananana to the group
Nananananana joined the group


Nananananana - Jerks
Except for you Sungie <3


Lee Huyng - Stop being weird Nana


Nananananana - What?


Sungie - I don't mind


Nananananana - See? 


Junie - Does someone like to be pampered?


Sungie - It's new to me
I mean
I've never really been pampered


Nananananana - Then I will pamper you with all my pampering skills


Lee Hyung - I don't know why I put up with you guys


Lele - WHAT ABOUT MY PROBLEM????


Haechan (The Sun) - I already picked out the colors I'm using


Lele - That's great
You know what I'm gonna just pick a random shade


Junie - I got mine


Je-no-fun - When did you do that?


Junie - Right after school


Je-no-fun - Oh 


Lele - I just checked out
Jisung I bought dye for you too
I didn't know what shade you wanted so I just picked random
Hope that's ok


Sungie - As long as it's not green I'm ok


Lele - But you picked orange?


Sungie - That's the point


Lele - You're just as not funny as Jeno


Sungie - I guess I wasn't born with a sense of humor


Haechan (The Sun) - Nah
Chenle's just too serious


Lele - Am not


Junie - NO!!! 
WE ARE NOT DOING THIS AGAIN!


Sungie - I gotta go.
Bye.


Lele - Did I say something wrong?


Je-no-fun - idk


Nananananana - You both are dumb


Lele - What?


Nananananana - Chenle you left me?


Lele - Yeah, but I'm just outside if you wanna walk home together.


Nananananana - K
I'm comingI


Junie - I gotta go my pizza's here and I'm so done with you guys
Later 


Haechan (The Sun) - Rude


I cut hangouts off, ate, watched a movie, and that was the end of my day. The next day Chenle apologized to Jisung, and Jisung said he really didn't do anything wrong he was just having a bad day. The day after Jisung didn't come to lunch even though we talked a little on hangouts after school I was wondering if he was now avoiding us.The day after that Jaemin and Jisung were both absent.I figured that Jaemin and Jisung were probably together so I asked Jaemin, and he said that Jisung is dealing with a lot, even though he won't tell him exactly what it is he's dealing with. He told me about what Yoongi said and I understood. He told me that he had been with Jisung, but Jisung refuses to go into the cafeteria, because he doesn't want Yoongi to spot him so they sat outside and ate. I abandoned all thoughts of him trying avoid us, I also went through the trouble of explaining thing to the other idiots what was happening. When Friday finally came I was determined to get through the day fast so I could get my school work done and have a break. I finally saw Jisung at school, and we talked a little after class, but he still didn't come to lunch. I thought to myself after school on my way home, how is that we all talk everyday yet we never have any club meetings? I'll bring it up next week. When I got home I spent at least 3 hours on my school work, and ate since I accidentally slept in this morning I had no time for breakfast and cafeteria food is not that good. Anyway, at almost 7pm I got myself dressed for the party and went to Chenle's house. I rang the doorbell and it was answered by Jeno. Immediately when he opened it I felt like I was entering a stinking rock concert it was so loud. Sounded like Haechan was singing his head off, and don't get me wrong he's a really good singer, but today I think he was trying to sound terrible. Mark was scream rapping to match Haechan's singing, and I think I could hear Jaemin trying to do an instrumental. I walked into the room and I felt like my ears were gonna fall off. All in all everything was loud, even when the party started it was loud. Not only was it loud, but I was bored. I finally decided to go and sit with Jaemin and Jisung for the rest of the party. I walked over to where they were, and saw a crowd forming, and heard screaming. I dropped my drink and ran. What the heck did Jaemin do?

*************************************** 

It was a hard push but I finally got to the middle. Jisung was pinned to the wall screaming and crying while Yoongi was beating him. The sight horrified me. "Yoongi stop!" I screamed. I ran up to him and tried to pull him off, but he elbowed my eye and I fell backward, then he started again. "Hoseok help me. He's gonna beat him to death you idiot!" I snapped at Hoseok. He wouldn't move, nobody moved. Then Chenle came through, and froze. "Chenle call 911." Immediately after I said that Yoongi stopped. 

****************************************


 "There's no need for that." He said.


 I ran to Jisung, and held him. He was breathing, but it was barely audible. I was hoping it was just because of how loud it was.
 "What's wrong with you?" I screamed at him.


 "Is it wrong to teach your own brother a lesson?" He put venom in the word brother.


 Jisung and Yoongi are brothers? No time for that now "Brother or not you're a psyhco."


 "He deserves it." Yoongi screamed. He was crying "He killed my mother."


 "What are you talking about?" I asked confused. Yoongi must be out of his mind.


 "It doesn't matter." Chenle said trying to be calm. "Everyone out!" He screamed "Renjun, I called my brother who is staying at a hotel nearby because he's visiting from China. I'd get into why he didn't stay here, but now is not the time. He'll be here in less than 5 minutes. I'm gonna go remove everyone from my house." I probably wouldn't have been able to understand anything he said if I weren't used to him talking so fast. He got up and started screaming at people telling them to leave. Then Jaemin ran up to me and asked me what happened, so I explained.


 "He's gonna die." Jaemin said after I finished.


 "There's a lot going on with Jisung that we don't know about, so before you go and beat someone up, let's get the facts straight." I responded while checking once again if Jisung was still breathing. It honestly sounded more like wheezing which scared me.


 Jaemin Jisung 's cheek, which made him whimper. "This is all my fault." Jaemin said sulking. "I guess I'm not really living up to my promise, huh?" 


 "Na Jaemin I swear if you beat Jisung up you're dead." Haechan said coming around the corner. 


 "Why would I do that?" Jaemin snapped. "I shouldn't have left him." I just held Jisung close making sure that he was still breathing while waiting for Chenle's older brother Kun. Soon after Chenle herded everyone one out, and we all just sat down to upset to talk, except for Chenle who wasn't sitting but cleaning, Kun came. 


 "What took you so long?" Chenle asked running up to his big brother and squeezing him in a hug. 


 "Sorry Chenle. Who's coming on the first trip?" He asked in a let's get down to business way. 


 "Renjun, Jaemin, and Haechan." Chenle decided "Me, Jeno, and Mark will stay and clean up until you comeback." No one was really in the mood to argue so we just went with it. The ride to the hospital was quite, and the wait after we got their was even quieter, except for the noise inside the room they were treating Jisung in. Kun had left to get the others, Haechan was on his phone, Jaemin wouldn't sit down no matter how many times we tried to get him to, and I couldn't help but think that this was all our fault. I pulled my knees into my chest hoping for the best, and started to try thinking of other things. 


"Are you guys friends of Jisung?" The doctor said when he came out, snapping me out of my thoughts.


 "Yes." Jaemin said, frantic "Is he ok?"


 "Jisung will be fine, he just needs a lot of rest so he can heal properly." I felt relieved after the doctor said that. "He does have a few broken ribs, and a great deal of bruises, but lucky for him you guys got their before it could get any worse. May I ask how it happened?"


Before I could say anything Haechan said "We were having a party and some stupid came and beat him senseless. What was all that noise?" 


 "I see." Said the doctor then he sighed "That noise was Jisung waking up, and having a panic attack. Do you guys have anyway that I can contact his family? They always seem to be changing numbers, and houses I can never keep track."


 "I'm sorry, but we don't." I said "Jisung doesn't have a phone or anything, and we don't even know where he lives." I felt ashamed about how much we really didn't know about Jisung. I know we just met on Monday, but we talk so often it feels like he's always been apart of our group. 


 "That's alright. I'll just have to do some digging." The doctor said. 
 "Do you know Jisung's family well?" I asked


 "Yeah. I remember the first time I was called to treat Jisung 5 years ago when I was still an intern. You see, Jisung has really bad anxiety, and panic attacks, so whenever his  mother can't get it to stop she has to bring him to the hospital. Whenever he's brought here the hospital staff always says 'Leeteuk, Jisungs here again.' because Jisung can be difficult sometimes, so they prefer that I take care of him."


 "Can we go see him?" Jaemin asked. 


 "Well, he's sleep right now, but as long as you don't wake him up I don't see why not." Leeteuk said.


 "Thank you Doctor Leeteuk." Haechan said bowing 90 degrees.


 "Thank you for getting him here. Let me show you in." He opened the door to Jisung's room and whispered "Jisung's a light sleeper so be very quiet." 


 "Thank you." I whispered back. When I walked in any feeling of relief that I had went away. Jisung had a bandage wrapped around his forehead and the back of his head, one of his eyes were slightly bruised but not swollen, there were bruises varying in size all across his arms, and I knew that probably wasn't even the half of it. Jaemin walked up to his bed and held his hand, which made Jisung stir in his sleep. "I'm sorry." He whispered.


 "Jaemin, at least he's ok." Haechan said, trying to make light of the situation.


 "He really isn't Hyuck. What you mean is, at least it wasn't worse." Jaemin said. He looked despondent, and as much as I wanted to do something to make everyone in the room better there was nothing I could do. Not a single thing.

Authors Note: I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! I decided to write from Renjun's point of view because I felt like their were somethings I needed to express from his side. You guys will soon be able to see this story from everyone's point of vie view. I also really need to find a better description for this fic, so if you guys could please comment a short description based on like how you would describe it that would be so awesome. Anyway, feedback is appreciated, and again to those of you who have subscribed thank you for subscribing.