Notice

scenarios (jenlisa)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            We live in the age where technology is relevant in our society. In fact, it became a norm already. Everyone should have a twitter account, a facebook page, a perfect Instagram feed, and a fun Snapchat. Some time you can be ridiculed for not having one saying that you’re not in with them.

            Tsk. Millennials.

            Now I ask. Why must we ridicule people for not having any of these accounts. Yes, it is more convenient to contact and keep up with your friend’s life and meet new people but we have to get out and live our life without the need to inform everyone of our whereabouts.

            That’s what I, Lisa Manoban, live by.

            Every day when I go online and check my social media accounts. It would always consist of my friends out and about. Their cheesy proclamations of love for their partners. I mean, don’t get wrong, I have nothing bad to say about these people but sometimes I think of why they are so persistent about making it seem like their life is perfect when it’s not.

            A façade, it may seem to be.

            These people need to live their life without caring about informing their followers about how their barista spelled their name wrong when it’s clearly a stunt by the company for free promo.

            That’s it for Millennial Crisis Monday from yours truly. Tune in tomorrow for a new segment called Taco—

            “What did I say about blogging about why our generation ?”

            “Holy—what the Jen!” the blonde writer screams as her roommate sneaks up behind her while she was writing another entry for her blog.

            As a journalist, she tries her best to keep up with the news and spilling tea about her opinion about the society that they live in today. Besides from the school paper as an editor, she programmed a blog called Today , Tomorrow will too that just feature about her frustrations in the world she’s living in for the past years.

            “Seriously, Lalisa. You need to stop with this prejudice about people on social media and just let them live their life.” Jennie said as she sat beside Lisa’s laptop on her study table. A habit Lisa wanted her to break but the cat-eyed brunette was too stubborn to do so.

            The blonde scoffed at her pretty brunette roommate’s comment.

            “First off, get your off my table.” She swatted Jennie off from the precious mahogany then stared at her dead in the eye, “Second, it’s not prejudices if it’s true and third, they’re not living their lives if they keep on being anxious about not having a perfect photo that would match their Instagram feed.”

            Jennie had one of her eyebrows arced now, a sign that she has something to say to Lisa that would make the Thai incredibly irritated and she’s irking to say it now to which the latter picked up on and gestured her to say it with her hand while she focused on ending her entry.

            Tune in tomorrow with a new entry about the never-ending debate on why our country’s president is trash…

            “Are they really the ones who are not living their life or is it this particular someone that I know that just stays in her room all day when there are no classes and just drowns herself in these ridiculous blogs of hers.”

            This girl does not know how to shut doesn’t she?

            “I have a life outside of this blogging gig, Jennie, and you know it.” She argued back getting a little frustrated at her annoying babbling dumpling of a roommate. Honest to God, she doesn’t know how she ended up with having her as a roommate on the first year of her college life. She could have just had Chaeyoung as her roommate. That was more tolerable but no! It has to be Jennie Freaking Kim, the notorious trouble maker from second-year architecture.

            “Oh! do you now?” the Korean taunted. “Tell me, when was the last time you had real fun with friends just like those people that you are talking about in your little blog, Lalisa?”

            Lisa closed her eyes shut at her words. She wasn’t able to form any words to say even if she racked her brain for the date, she needed to prove the brunette wrong but there wasn’t any. She was right. She hasn’t had any fun ever since she moved in Korea last year on her last year of high school. She never had any friends because she was Thai and Koreans aren’t actually welcoming to foreigners and the fact that she’s rusty with her Korean back then.

            But she’s not going to give Jennie the satisfaction of knowing that she doesn’t have any friends besides her study-buddy Chaeyoung from Calculus class.

            “I haven’t had any fun these past weeks but I will. On Friday, with you. We’ll be going on a date.” She blabbered before she can even think about what she’s going to say.

            The brunette staggered back, surprised at the blonde’s word. She was shocked. But Lisa was more shocked that her. She can’t believe she just said that. They weren’t going on a date. They never even liked each other that much and she’s proposing on going on a date?

            “A date? When have I ever agreed on going on a date? And with you of all people!” her roommate, obviously shocked blabbered on and on about how stupid she thinks of her and that she just said this out of the blue like she’s some kind of lunatic.

            “Jeez, Jennie, you act as if going on a date with me is such a sin.” The blonde retorted, offended about how the brunette is acting right now.

            “What? No! I didn’t mean it that way Manoban. I’m just- you don’t ask people to go out with you like that. You made it seem like I go out with everyone.”

            “Don’t you?”

            “ you.”

            “I’m sorry but that was a joke. I don’t see you like that, Kim. I’m also kidding about that date thing if that’s what you’re worried about. Now shoo, I have to finish this before I get writer’s block.” Lisa successfully managed to get her roommate away from her and focus on the new entry that she had come up with.

            Tips on how to deal with an annoying roommate in numbered form

Ask her on a date out of the blue, that will keep her in shock in let’s say about 3 hours tops.

Friday night

“Lisa come on, it will be fun!”

Lisa Manoban doesn’t know how on earth Jennie was able to convince her to go out when she has tons on pending homeworks and papers to do that are due in a week. She, for one, doesn’t like to keep her works piling up and instead works on them right after the tasks are given. The Thai is itching to ditch the right now and go straight back to their dorm if only Jennie didn’t threaten to ruin her blog when she’s asleep if she leaves.

“I really hate this woman. God, what kind of life did I live in my past life to be punished like this?” she prayed but got no answer aside from the slap that she got on the back of her head.

“You said you wanted to go on a date, right? Well, here it is loser. You’re on a date with Jennie Kim.”

            What the ? Lisa thought, she made it clear the other day that that was only a joke to get her to shut up. She didn’t think that she’d actually take things seriously and go on an actual date w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter