1/3

To Oh Sehun, the only boy I've loved
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You know, everyone has a memory box lying somewhere at a corner of their room. Mine was a a rectangular box with lace decorated on the outside but the inside is filled with love and memories that I shared with my friends and family. I picked up the box and opened it with a smile as I looked through the content. There were so many photographs and birthday cards from my friends that touched the bottom of my heart. A pink envelope with many heart doodles caught my eyes. I took out the letter from inside the envelope and the content sure is cringe worthy. Oh gosh, what was I thinking when I was just an elementary school kid. 

The recipient of this letter is my childhood crush, Oh Sehun. When we were 12, we were invited to a friend's birthday party and we played truth or dare. Some idiot had dared Sehun to kiss me, and so he did. He pecked on my lips but that peck had sent butterflies to my stomach and caused my heart to race. I knew, from then on, my feelings for him wasn't just platonic anymore. We were neighbours, but he moved to another town the following year and we broke off all contact afterwards, we were too young to own mobile phones, leaving me picking up pieces of my broken and shattered heart all by myself. 

"You have always been an amazing boy and I am glad that my first kiss was you-"

"Choi Yeri!!" I shouted at her for appearing behind my back furtively and reading my love letter that wasn't meant for anybody else to read.

"Oh please," Yeri rolled her eyes before admiring her newly coated finger nails, "Are you still not over Oh Sehun?"

"I have gotten over him! I was just reminiscing! It was fun to read and I can't believe how childish I was!" I mocked at myself, "God knows what happened if I sent this letter to him for real!"

"You should have! What's the point of writing him a love letter and not letting him know!"

"It's just for me to know!" I retorted and kept the letter back into the box before anyone else finds out about it. It's embarrassing enough for my younger sister, who is five years younger than me, to know the content of the love letter. 

 

Last night, I dreamed about the peck that Sehun and I shared years ago and I woke up smiling to myself. God damn it. That was gross. I mean, the peck was nice but I am over that unrequited crush since long time ago! I shouldn't have rummaged through my memory box yesterday. As my mind was occupied by that love letter, I forgot about school completely.

"!!"

I got down my bed quickly and changed into a really simple tee and jeans and off I go to college, not forgetting the criticism, regarding to my choice of clothes, that Yeri had thrown at me before I stepped out of the door. I agreed that I don't have the nicest clothes because I don't know anything about fashion, but at least, I bother to put on some light makeup while I was on the bus. I have no one to impress anyway. 

"Someone overslept..."

I turned around to the person teasing me. It's my best friend, Seulgi. I shook my head and told her about the bizarre dream that I had last night before my body back towards the locker to retrieve the materials for the class. 

"Speaking of that, your loverboy is here."

Groaning, I gave her disgusted look, "Who the is my loverboy?" 

She pointed her chin towards the direction of the entrance and I directed my vision to the door reluctantly. Right, who else would Seulgi be talking about? It's obviously none other than Oh Sehun. Oh wait, I haven't mentioned that Oh Sehun and I are attending the same college, have I? We are attending the same school but we are just classmates. I bet Sehun doesn't remember me, or the peck. Life is unfair, Oh Sehun was a little chubby when he was a kid but now, Sehun is nowhere near the word 'fat'. In fact, he became really fit. He grew taller and even though he is lean, he has muscles at the right places. Afterall, he plays for the basketball team and he is sure to have gained well-developed muscles. He is well-built and hot. Sehun is popular in school, he has friends everywhere. Granted with his charming looks, he is especially popular among girls. 

"Babe!"

I snarled mentally at the girl with an hourglass figure approaching Sehun. She kissed Sehun on his cheeks and hooked her arm around his, while the boys that Sehun usually hangs out with, whom I identify as the basketball guys, cheered at the public display of affection. Krystal Jung, is a major , but also the girlfriend of Oh Sehun. Sure, she is pretty and she has the popularity and the body that girls dream to have, her personality is a major turn-off. She is always using her looks to get whatever she wants because she knows she is so called the prettiest girl in our college. There was once she forgot to bring her purse to the convenient store and she flirted with one of the cashiers in order to get a free drink. I wanted to puke so badly witnessing the guy felling weak under her spell and he even gave her a free bag of potato chips. 

"Look at how short her skirt is. What a ."

Seulgi hates Krystal with a passion. They are cousins but they never get along with each other. Seulgi claimed that Krystal is as fake as her fake eyelashes extension and she can't stand the sight of her behaving like a queen of the school. The only person who dares to mess with Krystal would be Seulgi, and Krystal had chose to ignore her existence than to confront her cousin for opposing every single time. 

"Nice shoes Jinri!"

Sehun commented, as he walked past Seulgi and me with his friends and his girlfriend. I was surprised by the sudden compliment but thanks...I got the shoes from a sale. Of course, Krystal shot a death glare at me when her boyfriend complimented me. I rolled my eyes behind her back. Krystal Jung hates me to the core, because she was there sitting next to me when Sehun pecked my lips at the party. Krystal had a crush on Sehun since she was a kid too and she was jealous that Sehun and I were each other's first kiss, if you considered peck as a kiss. That was the only achievement that I was proud of, because that's the only thing Krystal couldn't own, despite being his girlfriend. Honestly, I don't why is that incident still bothering her. It has been years since it happened and she is the one holding hands with Sehun now, not me. 

 

Seulgi and I followed behind the clique as the bell rang. We all went to our seat respectively and apparently Krystal Jung doesn't know the definition of a chair. She sat on Sehun's lap and wrapped her hand around Sehun's neck. The boys continued to tease the couple, while I shook my head and I heard Seulgi cursing under a breath. Why would Sehun fall for such a fake person like her? But who am I to question? Maybe Krystal is a really sweet and loyal girlfriend to Sehun. 

"Return to your own seat Ms Jung."

Our teacher came in and before Krystal went back to her seat, she kissed Sehun on his cheeks again, and glanced at me with a smirk. I couldn't be bothered with her so I opened my book and read the passage instead. 

 

School life has always been very mundane, but I wouldn't say the same for the things happening the following week.

"Krystal Jung dumped Oh Sehun!!"

Some kid was hollering along the corridor and everyone was in a heated discussion about the power couple's breakup. There were many speculations. Some said that Sehun cheated on Krystal while some said Krystal got bored of Sehun. I can't believe my ears. They were still very much in love last week. I shrugged, since it wasn't of my business, and went to the cafeteria to get a drink before heading for class. 

As I was inserting the coins into the vending machine, a familiar pink envelope came into my sight, blocking me from choosing my drink. I gasped and my eyes widened as big as possible. I tried to snatch the letter from the person but that person behind me managed to retrieve it back to his possession. Hold up, it's not even his possession, it's mine!

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter