Caught

The Bro Code
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do you think Byul likes her back?" Minhyuk questions.

It was a simple question.

And yet Yongsun's mind and heart were on overdrive.

She didn't want to answer that. She's not ready to hear the answer to Minhyuk's question, much more from herself. She feigns a headache to excuse herself to the restroom from their conversation, but before she realized that it was a bad idea, her eyes landed on the woman who has been invading her mind, the woman she's been trying to avoid to visit her thoughts...is kissing Minhyuk's best friend.

"Do you think Byul likes her back?" Minhyuk's question repeats on Yongsun's head. She scoffs at herself, his question has been answered non-verbally by the scene in front of her. She didn't know why she hoped for a different answer. It was so obvious. She could see the way Byul looks at Wheein.

So she doesn't understand why she's even surprised. She shakes her head, recognizing that it's not really surpise that she's feeling, but rather disappointment.

Disappointment for what? Yongsun didn't want to get into it.

Yongsun's hands were shaking so much that she dropped her purse, causing Wheein and Byul to stop abruptly from what they were doing. She feels a little embarrassed for being caught looking, putting all of them in a more awkward situation, but overall she feels a sense of relief that whatever she just saw is now over.

"Yongsun." Byul utters. She didn't know why she feels guilty, but she does. Byul takes a step towards Yongsun attempting to get a hold of her but Yongsun steps back.

"I should go." Yongsun says, attempting to turn around and walk away before Byul could say more but Byul doesn't let her.

Byul grabs her by the wrist. "Yong-"

Wheein's a little confused why Yongsun's acting the way that she is."You won't tell Minhyuk, will you?" Wheein asks directly for reassurance just in case Yongsun decides to run off.

But Yongsun didn't answer. She couldn't. Not because she's thinking twice about telling Minhyuk -she definitely wouldn't- but right now she's too focused on the image that was left in her mind. She knows what that feeling resembles, but she doesn't want to admit it yet.

Yongsun tries to run away, but Byul was able to catch her before she could even turn around. "We need to talk before you go back there." Byul states, with the tone that says she wouldn't take no for an answer. And as much as Yongsun wanted to escape from her, deep inside she knows she wants this too.

Talk. Yongsun repeats on her mind. It was such a simple thing to do, she does it all the time. It was such an easy task.

But with Byul? She had her reservations. The last time she really talked to the woman, it lead to her heart getting broken. And she's afraid talking with her right now would mean bringing it up and leading their conversation to things she's not ready to discuss.

"Wheein, can you excuse us? We'll just talk outside." Byul says without letting go of Yongsun.

Wheein nods. She thinks Byul is worried about Minhyuk knowing, so she understands why Byul sternly told Yongsun they need to talk. She's not sure why they need to talk alone though- oblivious to the fact that Minhyuk knowing is the least of Moonbyul's concern as of the moment.

"I won't tell Minhyuk, if that's what you're so concerned about." Yongsun states, trying to excuse herself from this predicament.

Wheein smiles gratefully, thankful that Yongsun seemed to be understanding. Plus, she didn't need to be nervous about what Byul and Yongsun are supposed to talk about.

But her relief was cut short when Byul insisted, "Thank you for that. But I still need to talk to you."

Yongsun looks at Byul with a questioning glare, "Are you drunk?" she asks silently. "What could we possibly need to discuss that's so important that it couldn't wait?" she asks instead.

"It's about Minhyuk." Byul replies vaguely before turning to Wheein. "Wheein, can you go back to our seat? Minhyuk might wonder what's taking us so long. He might get suspicious." Byul reasons. "You can tell him that I'm just talking to Yongsun outside."

Wheein nods, assuming that it's the reason why she couldn't be included in their conversation to make herself feel better. Besides, if Byul is willing to let Minhyuk know that she's talking to Yongsun then maybe they got nothing to hide. That whatever uneasiness that Wheein's feeling right now is just her overthinking.

"What do you want to talk about?" Yongsun asks as soon as they were outside, crossing her arms defensively as if afraid Byul's words might get too close to her heart.

"I wanted to apologize." Byul starts, catching Yongsun off guard - her shoulders rise as she waits for Byul to continue.

"I'm sorry you had to see that." Byul continues.

It wasn't the apology that Yongsun anticipated. She huffs. "It's not a big deal." she deadpans. She has a lot to say but decided to keep it to herself. "It's not like I should care."

"Well, I'm still sorry about it." Byul insisted.

Yongsun's anger rises. She didn't want Byul's apology for what she just witnessed. She wants Byul's apology for what she did to her more than a year ago. She feels stupid for expecting Byul to apologize for something that happened so long ago. She's not even sure Byul knows that she did something wrong, that she did something that caused Yongsun so much pain. And just thinking about how oblivious Moonbyul is, pissed Yongsun to no end. She gritted her teeth in response before she let Byul have a piece of her mind, "You just can't hold it in your pants, can you? You couldn't wait until you two were in a private place? A public bathroom? Really? What if Eunbi was the one who walked in on you? Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter