Only Exception

The Bro Code
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luck has never been on Yongsun's side. If she's being honest, she'd think that fate has a grudge against her.

The first time she let someone in, was the first time she got her heartbroken.

Maybe it's silly, how she felt so much pain for something a stranger did to her. But were they really strangers? If they shared something as intimate as making love? Yongsun honestly didn't know if that's what she'd call it, because after Moonbyul left her cold in her bed she's inclined to say that Moonbyul was just after her flesh.

Yongsun isn't one to talk to strangers. She isn't one to allow just anyone to bring her on the dance floor. Yongsun also isn't one to kiss someone the very night they meet. But it seemed like Moonbyul has a way of breaking her every rule.

So at one moment, they were dancing in a sea full of people, and the next, they were on Moonbyul's bed, panting for air. Their bodies were impossibly close as they breathed heavily with each kiss that was all-consuming.

Moonbyul's groans bring a different pleasure to Yongsun's ears. There was a strange rhythm of how her heart was beating at that moment. Yongsun wonders if she's allowed to feel these things too soon. Yongsun didn't know how to describe it, but somehow it did feel a lot like love. But she would've been insane to call it that.

"Something wrong?" Moonbyul asks when she sees confusion in Solar's features.

Yongsun shakes her head. There was something...but it didn't feel wrong. "No, it’s just..." she trailed off for lack of words.

And Moonbyul doesn't mind supplementing it for her, "Is this your first time?" Moonbyul asks in a gentler tone.

Yongsun bites her lower lip, nodding bashfully.

"Then...do you want to stop?" Moonbyul asks as she searched for any form of hesitation or fear of Solar's features. But instead, she finds a determined look on her face.

"I want you." Yongsun says just above a whisper.

And just like that, they were back to kissing, then a while later things more than just kissing. They were lost in their own world as they explore each other's bodies.

A sense of pure dread washed over Yongsun when she woke up to an empty bed. She took comfort in knowing that she's in Moonbyul's bed, she guessed -hoped that Byul just prepared breakfast or used the bathroom; anything other than Moonbyul purposefully leaving her after what they did the night before.

She collapsed on the bed again, letting her thoughts destructive thoughts get the best of her.

She shouldn't have let things gone that far between them. Heck, she shouldn't even let Moonbyul kiss her. She didn't know the woman. They just met. And yet, Yongsun carelessly let Moonbyul pass through her defensive walls. She shouldn't have let her in -at the very least- not so soon. She practically gave her a free pass to break her heart like this.

Did Moonbyul think she's easy?

She shakes her head, her pride not letting herself think that Moonbyul would just leave her like that. Her pride couldn't let herself admit that she'd allowed her to.

So she stands from the bed and searched for Byul inside every corner of the house. But there was no sign of Moonbyul.

She didn't know Moonbyul's number to call her.

Hyejin! Her mind shouts.

Surely Hyejin knows Moonbyul's number. She going to get it and talk to Moonbyul. She's determined to get her explanation.

Her thumb hovered over her phone's screen to look for Hyejin's name.

Once Hyejin answered she immediately asked for Moonbyul's number, ignoring Hyejin's questions of her whereabouts.

"Unnie!" Hyejin exclaimed over the phone. She was too drunk last night that she had to ask one of her friends to drive them home. She remembered asking Yongsun to come with her but she couldn't recall if Yongsun actually came home with her. And evidently, Yongsun stayed.

"Don't tell me..." Hyejin couldn't even continue her thought. Yongsun couldn't possibly let it happen. She knows her unnie too well to act so recklessly. But it’s the only explanation she could think of as to why Yongsun's calling her and asking for Moonbyul's number.

She loves Moonbyul, but her irresponsible actions really trouble Hyejin at times. Hyejin silently blames herself for introducing the two. If she had been sober enough, she would've warned Yongsun about Byul's reputation.

"Hyejin, just give me Moonbyul's number." Yongsun ordered, "please." she adds in a pleading tone.

After Hyejin gave her the number she dropped the call and dialed Moonbyul's number.

But there was no answer.

She tried a few more times; few being an understatement. Still, there was no response from the other line.

So maybe Yongsun is dense, but she desperately needs to know why Moonbyul would leave her like that. She was hoping for a better explanation rather than Moonbyul being just a jerk.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter