Promise

The Bro Code
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minhyuk met Yongsun at the cafe near her house to continue their interrupted conversation.

Yongsun was already waiting for half an hour when Minhyuk arrived. Her eyes immediately fell on Minhyuk's bandaged right hand. She instantly felt her heart clench at the sight of it. She wondered how his conversation with Moonbyul went. And she could only expect the worst.

She couldn't contact Moonbyul beforehand. And it took her a lot of self-control to not drive herself to the twin's house.

She stands up from her seat to greet Minhyuk with a kiss on his cheek.

Minhyuk smiles at her, but his eyes told a different story. He was clearly upset. They both sat across from each other. His eyes fell on the coffee that he asked Yongsun to order for him before he arrived, determined to get right to the conversation they need to address. As if, addressing it a minute later would make him go crazy.

 "What were you about to tell me in the car earlier?" Minhyuk asks, getting right to the conversation they're supposed to have, and Yongsun was taken aback. She thought she'd at least have a minute to brace herself.

"It's about Moonbyul, right?" Minhyuk verifies, not giving Yongsun a chance to answer or redirect the topic. He was still smiling but he didn't seem happy at all.

Yongsun nods.

"We actually talked, before I came here." Minhyuk informed her. Minhyuk's smile grew wider, "I'm sorry if I seem upset."

"What happened to your hand?" Yongsun couldn't help but ask. She wanted to ignore it, but her curiosity got the best of her. She wanted to know if it has something to do with his conversation with his sister. She needs to know if they got into a fight.

"This is nothing." Minhyuk shrugs it off, removing his injured hand on the table. "Don't worry about it."

"How can I not worry about you?" Yongsun asks with a lace of concern and annoyance. She questions how Minhyuk could ask her to not worry about him when he showed up with an injured hand. "Did you get into a fight?"

Minhyuk shakes his head. He didn't want to go into details about what happened with his hand. He didn't want to worry Yongsun any further by telling her that he got into a fight with an unsuspecting wall, to release his pent-up frustration before coming here. "That's the least of my concern, right now, Yongsun." Minhyuk declares. "I need you to tell me what you're going to say earlier." he confessed, almost pleading.

Yongsun nervously fidgets with her hands. She seemed so nervous that Minhyuk suddenly became nervous too.

He decided that he'd make it easier for his girlfriend to confide in him, but decided against it at the last minute. He wanted to check if Yongsun would tell her the truth, provided that she hasn't spoken to Byul yet.

"That summer before I met you..." Yongsun started.

"You mean that summer before you knew I existed?" Minhyuk clarified, slyly noting that he'd known her long before.

Yongsun only nods and continued. "I met Moonbyul at her birthday party." Yongsun states.

Minhyuk laughs at the back of his mind, thinking how ironic it was that Moonbyul and Yongsun had met on the day of his birthday too.

"Did you get drunk that night?" Minhyuk asks. Hoping that it was nothing more than a drunken mistake. He knows his girlfriend doesn't like to drink, but how he wishes that that was the case.

He didn't know if he could handle knowing that Yongsun slept with Byul on the first day they met and consciously and willingly slept with her. He winced just thinking about it.

Yongsun shakes her head.

Minhyuk's breath hitched, not knowing how to take in the information. "You said you first met Byul when she helped you fix your car, was that the same day?"

Yongsun shakes her head again. She didn't know how to actually tell him that she lied. "I lied about that. I'm sorry."

Minhyuk furrowed his eyebrows. "Why?" he simply asked, despite the many questions stuck in his head.

"Because I didn't know how to tell you that I-" Yongsun stopped mid-sentence, as if gathering the strength to say it out loud. Contemplating whether it was appropriate to say it to him. Whatever happened before they got together...should it really matter? Yongsun asks herself, trying to find a reason to skip the conversation about her sleeping with Moonbyul.

"That you what?" He tightened his grip on his coffee mug as he asked. It was hard as hell to hear it from Moonbyul, he knows it would hurt twice as much hearing it from Yongsun. But he needed to hear it from her. He needed to hear the truth from her. 

"I lied because I didn't know how to tell you the truth without making things awkward between us. I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to tell you then." Yongsun explained.

"Is it appropriate to tell me now?" Minhyuk asks.

"If you really want to know." Yongsun replied. "But let me remind you that I didn't have you yet when it happened." Yongsun clarifies.

But they both know that knowing that information won't make it any easier to accept.

"I really want to know what exactly happened that night, Yongsun." Minhyuk stated.

"Something happened between me and Moonbyul." Yongsun confirmed.

It was as if Minhyuk heard it for the first time, and if it wasn't for the bustling cars outside and the collective chatters inside the cafe, he was sure they would've heard his heart break.

He knows Yongsun. He knows her girlfriend. She's not one to do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter