Chapter 12: Flames

My Good, Good Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“THAT would be so hard to hide so just let it be seen.”

Minjoo jerked when she heard Chaeyeon suddenly speaking. The both of them are currently in the kitchen trying to prepare sandwiches and rice rolls that they would eat during their Busan road trip. Minjoo’s hand immediately made its way to her neck out of impulse. She became even more conscious.

“Minjoo-unnie, I believe everyone has already seen it. You don’t have to hide it.”

The girl got even more surprised when Wonyoung, who is busy decorating the rice balls, spoke about it. The whole time she thought that only Hyejoon was able to see it.

She heard chuckles from Chaeyeon. “Hiding it would make it more noticeable. There’s no need to hide it. I believe Yujin wants everyone to see it as well.”

“P-Professor Lee!” Minjoo stammered. “Y-Y-Yujin didn’t—“

“Come on, Minjoo. It is fine. It’s the truth. She won’t mark you somewhere really visible if she doesn’t want people to see it.” Chaeyeon stated as a matter-of-factly. “Also, would you mind getting the spam out of the can before slicing it? It looks horrible.”

“Sakura-unnie should be the one preparing the breakfast but she’s still asleep.”

Wonyoung whined while looking at Minjoo’s cooking skills. The stove’s fire is not even lit but she’s right there frying the spams. “Don’t worry, Minjoo-unnie. You are still my favourite. I can always buy food outside anyway.”

“Or you can have food delivered right in front of your door. Yes, Wonyoung-ah… People can still live with Minjoo.”

“Professor!” Minjoo hung her head low out of embarrassment. She’s trying to learn cooking from Eunyoung but it seems like there is still no pleasing fruit from that training. Everytime she steps in the kitchen chaos just comes after.

Chaeyeon just laughed at her. “I am just kidding, Minjoo. Don’t take it seriously.”

The centre of attention released a deep sigh. “Should I go and wake Kkura up? She can prepare food way better than me.”

“No, no, no.” Chaeyeon frantically shook her head in opposition. She was glad that Sakura went back to sleep. “Don’t call her or else she would put pickled plum on everything. She would even put it on the sandwich—“

“Oh!” Minjoo clapped her hands. “Pickled plums! I love pickled plums! Let’s put it—“

“STOP!” Chaeyeon and Wonyoung shrieked even before Minjoo opened the refrigerator.

“Are you serious!?” Wonyoung asked, her jaw hanging. “You love pickled plums? Are you really Korean!?”

Minjoo tilted her head to the side. “Well, at first it wasn’t really that pleasant but living with Kkura who eats pickled plums almost every meal, I came to like it as well.”

Chaeyeon then held Minjoo by the shoulders and pushed her back to her station earlier. “Alright, I understand that but you don’t really have to put pickled plums in our doshirak. You can go and put some to your share and to Sakura-ssi’s but please spare our meal.”

This time, Minjoo was the one who laughed. “Why are you so afraid of pickled plums anyway, Professor? And how did you know that Kkura likes them so much?”

Chaeyeon suddenly fell silent. She turned to Wonyoung whose eyes were fixed on her. She’s obviously waiting for her answer. An awkward laugh was then heard from her.

“W-Well… I saw her idol profile before and it is written that she really likes pickled plums! Ha-ha…”

Wonyoung just shrugged her shoulders and continued with the decorations. Professor Lee is obviously a fan.

“Anyway, where is Yujin?” Chaeyeon immediately changed the subject. “I thought she was up already.”

“Y-Yujinie?” Minjoo then unconsciously touched the mark on her neck once again. Chaeyeon just shook her head while smiling faintly. “S-She’s trying to take a nap. She told me that she didn’t get much sleep because of alcohol.”

“I see…” Chaeyeon nodded her head. “She’s the type that stays awake when she drinks. No doubt she woke up early as well.”

“Yes...” Minjoo answered, trying to erase the memory of what happened earlier even just for this moment. She’s aware that her face is blushing heavily now but at least she got an excuse since she’s in front of a now lit stove.

After having a refreshing bath, she found Yujin waiting in the room when she opened the door of the bathroom. Surprised and embarrassed because she’s only in her bathrobe, Minjoo observed her Young Master first. She was walking back and forth the room, looking really restless. She’s even biting her thumbnail as she walks.

Minjoo looked around to see if Wonyoung was there. As far as she remembers, Wonyoung was still sleeping when she got up and took a shower but the younger girl was nowhere to be seen. Did Yujin drive her away? Did they fight while she was showering? Is that the reason why Yujin looks really anxious now?

Minjoo puffed her cheeks. Most probably Yujin shooed Wonyoung away once again.

“Yujin…” She called the restless girl, almost in the form of a whisper since she’s still hiding behind that bathroom door. She watched Yujin flinch the moment she heard her name being called. Minjoo was taken aback when Yujin’s eyes landed on her. Why are those eyes looking so troubled? The whole scene looked like Yujin having a mini heart attack after seeing Minjoo.

Minjoo stepped back, almost closing the door. “What are you doing here?”

Instead of answering, Yujin took a deep breath and made sure that the bedroom door was locked.

“Y-Yujin?” Minjoo called out, her heart started to race.

“Minjoo-ya…” Yujin called with a husky, morning voice. “Come out please…”

There goes that appealing voice once again. “C-Can you let me dress up first? Can you step out or just hand me the clothes I prepared by my bed—”

“Minjoo, please…”

Alright, the great Ahn Yujin used ‘please’ twice now. If she doesn’t respond to her now then something worse might happen. She can already sense danger but her heart is telling her to dive into danger.

And guess what…

Minjoo did step out and followed her heart’s whisper. If she didn’t then Yujin might’ve left more hickeys than this one. The other girl might’ve looked so unsure when she first saw her in the room but her stare changed the moment she got a hold of her.

Eyes burning with jealousy.

“Ahn Yujin is so territorial, eh?” Everyone turned to Hyejoon who entered the kitchen. He just finished preparing the travel itinerary with Eunbi who walked in after him. He sat beside Wonyoung while still looking at Minjoo. His slow nods made Minjoo more uncomfortable.

Eunbi sat on the other side of Wonyoung and gave out a sigh. “Dogs do mark their territories but I didn’t know that a big dog like Ahn Yujin marks hers with a kiss mark.”

“P-Professor!” Minjoo blushed heavier. “Y-You don’t have to say it so straight forward!”

“Come on, Minjoo-ya! Stop being shy!” Eunbi rolled her eyes as she could feel a bit jealous once again. But then a smirk curved up her lips. “So… did someone hit up on you that led her to mark you up?”

Minjoo was silenced for a while, trying to remember if there was someone who took the chance of the lifetime and tried to ask her out but she couldn’t remember anyone. She’s untouchable at school since everyone knows that she’s together with the Ahn Heiress but they are in a place where their faces are not that known. If there is someone that people might recognize among them then it would be Hyejoon but Yujin and Wonyoung, though they might be visual arts prodigies, aren’t household faces.

There were guys who tried to talk to her and Wonyoung when they were at the convenience store last night but they immediately backed off when she said she has a girlfriend. Also, Yujin won’t be there to witness it.

She then turned to Wonyoung who was then taken aback. “Did you tell Yujin about the guys at the store?”

“Hing?” Wonyoung cutely tilted her head to the side which is a complete explosion of cuteness. “I didn’t tell her anything. She just drove me away without letting me talk.”

“Woah…” Hyejoon also smirked. “Are you being followed by a drone then?”

“Or did someone confess to you while we were all drunk last night?”

Everyone turned to Chaeyeon who was wearing a meaningful smile. She just shrugged her shoulders and left everyone trying to remember what happened last night.

Wonyoung woke up without any recollection at all. All she remembers is the taste of her melon-flavoured ice cream mixed with soju. There was a bit of memory with her making fun of Professor Kwon but everything is blurry after that. Even how she ended up on her bed was a mystery.

All that Eunbi remembers is that she went wild and even danced on top of the table. Chaeyeon did tell her that she challenged her into a dance showdown and there’s a proof of the showdown on Wonyoung’s phone but she can’t remember anything else. She doesn’t remember anyone confessing to Minjoo.

“Good morning, everyone. Sorry I woke up late. Is there something that I can help with?”

Everyone turned to Sakura who was still wiping sleep from her eyes. She couldn’t even properly open them but they almost bulged out when she saw the mark on Minjoo’s neck.

Her reaction was then followed by a chorus of ‘Ahh~’ from the other girls and they all dropped the topic about Minjoo, focusing on other things. Minjoo and Sakura were left dumbfounded.

“What happened?” Sakura mouthed.

Minjoo shook her head out of confusion. “No idea.”

 

 

 

 

“SHE’S not letting Minjoo go. She’s locked by her side.”

Sakura turned to Chaeyeon who is currently following her around the museum. They are doing museum hopping for the sake of the visual arts prodigies but no one found it boring even though it wasn’t in line with their interest. As Professor Kwon said, she finally found things older than her.

Sakura took a look at the couple who is currently observing a statue of a soldier riding a horse. Yujin is not letting go of Minjoo at all. Chaeyeon is right. She gives deadly stares to those who try to gawk at Minjoo and not to the exhibited stuff.

“Mah, they consider this trip as their date anyway.” Sakura looked back at the ancient pottery but her mind was on another place.

Chaeyeon pressed her lips together followed by a sigh. She took a huge step that led her to stand beside Sakura. “You managed to confess, right?”

There was a long silence from Sakura but then she answered with a weak nod. “But Yujin witnessed everything.”

Chaeyeon’s eyes widened for a moment as if realising something. “I see… I am sorry… I planned to block her way last night but Eunbi-unnie just won’t let me go. I was abused to the point of wanting to deny that I know her.”

“You would never be able to deny her.” Sakura smirked befor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter