Change

Breaking Down
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nothing hurts more than watching someone that you love dearly destroy themselves. There was nothing more painful than knowing that you can’t help that person; you can’t take their struggle away from them. Jungkook had become familiar with this over the last few years, because he had watched it happen to the hyung which he loved the most. Jimin and he had always had a special bond, one different than it was with the other members.

Jungkook had witnessed its initial stages before their debut. Jimin would always diet and exercise on a completely different level than any other member. He would say that he had to bulk up, become muscular so that he wouldn't hurt the teams image. Most people were meticulous in their trainee days and Jungkook had been young, therefore they thought that his attitude would change after they debuted and he became more acquainted with life as an idol. That wasn’t how it progressed though.

As time dragged forward it became more serious, to the point where his hyung would go days without eating and faint during dance practices. In the beginning Jimin wanted muscle, but soon later he ate so little that he couldn’t gain any muscle. That was when he only wanted to be thin. He wanted to look thin and sing well, despite already being well underweight and an extremely talented singer.

Jungkook felt that he had become concerned too late. Nothing that he could tell his hyung would change his mind. The members had tried everything that they knew, but nothing could get the message across. Sometimes it seemed like it had. Jimin would begin eating again and he would talk about how he was sorry that he hadn’t taken care of himself, saying that he wouldn’t do it again but he couldn't help it. Soon later he would fall back into the same habits.

Jungkook didn’t know what to do. As he sat on the living room couch he couldn’t help but think that maybe there was nothing he could do. Maybe it was too late for Jimin. He didn’t want to believe that, but he couldn’t deny that his hope was dwindling. Looking at his hyung hurt, because Jungkook could see that he wasn’t happy. He knew Jimin better than anyone, and he knew that behind the smile that he wore there were things pressing on his hyungs mind.

“Jungkook-ah!” Jungkook’s head came to attention, Seokjin rushing through door with an alarmed expression across his face. It was approximately two in the afternoon, and Jimin had fainted again whilst preparing for their latest comeback. When he came to he had been crying, the hyungs all attempting to comfort him but not succeeding. They had all come back to the dorm to allow Jimin time to rest and most importantly eat something. Seokjin had gone to check up on him not even five minutes ago.
“What wrong?” Jungkook could tell from his hyungs appearance that something had happened.
“You need to go talk to Jimin. He needs to hear from you right now.” Jungkook looked downwards. He had been avoiding his hyung. Nothing that he could say would help him.
“I do-”
“Please, go talk to him.” Jungkook didn’t argue any further, standing and walking towards the room which he and Jimin shared.

Upon entering he saw something which he had seen before. Jimin was lying on his bed, tucked under the covers and hiding his face. He couldn’t hear him crying, but he could see the tears stains on his cheeks.
“Jimin hyung?” Jungkook walked in timidly, moving straight to his bedside and joining him. “Are you okay?” It took a long time for Jimin to reply, his voice soft and nearly inaudible when he did.
“I thought so.” Jungkook felt the air around him freeze. His hyung sniffled, Jungkook’s arm going around his bony shoulders and rubbing his back. “What made you come in?”
“What do you mean?”
“Well, everyone had come to talk to me but you. I thought that maybe you were mad at me.” Jungkook couldn’t believe the words which he had just heard, but he knew that this is genuinely what Jimin believed.
“What? No, of course not hyung. I would never get mad at you for something like this. Ever.”
“You should be. I told you all that I was going to be better, but I didn’t change anything. I lied to you.”
“You didn’t lie hyung. It’s not your fault. It’s just, not easy to change like that. You did the best that you could.”
“I didn’t try hard enough.” Jimin’s head dropped towards his knees, Jungkook hearing the whimpering which past his lips as he cried. He couldn't stand listening to his hyung beat himself up like this, yet he wasn’t certain what to tell him.
“It’s okay hyung, you did. You just need to stop trying alone.” Jungkook said this not entirely considering the weight of his speech. The thoughts in his brain were considering that Jimin may get better if he spoke to Seokjin or Namjoon hyung. Anyone but himself.
“It’s-it’s too hard Jungkookie. I can’t burden anybody with my problems.”
“You’re not a burden. I promise you that nothing that you could ever say would be burdensome to us.” Despite all of Jungkook’s efforts Jimin was still reluctant to confess any inner thoughts or feelings to anybody. Jungkook couldn't say that he blamed him, because he completely understood. He didn’t care to open up like that either; however, given the severity of Jimin’s issues he figured that it was important he actually meaningfully converse with somebody.

Jungkook couldn’t help the tears which brimmed in his eyes, immediately catching Jimin’s attention. He wanted to care for his dongsaeng,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter