First Sunset ❁

Ephemeral
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 08:

 

 

 

 

*.☽.*

I was nibbling my lower lip while I tried to come up with my reply. I didn't like the fact that he thought I was intentionally ignoring him. 

Me:
Hey, no one's ignoring you. I wasn't able to check my phone since last night. Left it at home this morning too.
1:16 PM

I put my phone down on the bed as I walked towards the bathroom and I was about to close the door when I heard my phone beeped. Maybe I got so excited more than I should have because I had forgotten what I was supposed to do and immediately ran back to my bed. I grabbed my phone and tapped on the new message.

Byun:
Are you sure?
1:17 PM

Me:
Yeah. I'm sure.
1:18 PM

Byun:
I. REALLY. thought you were not going to talk to me again.
1:19 PM

I suddenly felt sad reading his last message. I somehow felt guilty making him feel that way. Though, I exactly felt the same these past couple of days.
I wasn't able to reply yet when he sent me another message.

Byun:
I was about to start pouting and crying. I even bought a box of tissue.
1:21 PM

And just like that, I laughed.

Me:
I feel bad for the tissue. You won't be able to use it anymore.
1:22 PM

I waited for about three minutes for his reply but nothing came. I decided to run to the bathroom just as I initially intended to do a while ago.

When I came back, there were still no new messages from him. My shoulders went limp, unable to hide my disappointment.

Right then I realized that if there was something that I should do, it would be to train myself not to feel and act like this every time this happened. So I decided to just divert my attention to something.

"Should I clean my room?" I asked myself as I looked around. "Yes, I should do that," I answered my question as I went to my vanity table. There was a lot of stuff on it. Cosmetics, hairdryer, several bottles of perfumes, hair tie-

I wasn't able to even start arranging them when my phone suddenly rang. I put the perfume bottle that I was holding down straightaway before I went to my bed. Grabbing my phone, I momentarily paused when I saw him calling me.

"Hello?" I said, trying to calm my voice the best way I could.

I waited for a few moments but I couldn't hear any reply from the other line.

"Hello?" I said once more but there was nothing. All I could hear were movements. It seemed like there were a lot of people around but I couldn't hear him.

I removed the phone from my ear and ended the call. He must've pressed the wrong button or something. I thought immediately.

I was still busy wondering when my phone suddenly beeped.

Byun:
Sorry, the staff are here so I couldn't talk.
1:39 PM

Me:
So why did you call?
1:40 PM

Byun:
To hear your voice.
1:41 PM

I was unable to stop my lips from forming into a big smile as I read his reply. Honestly, he needed to stop doing this to me, or else I'd start going crazy. And as if it wasn’t enough, my phone beeped once again.

Byun:
If I could actually be very honest with you right now, I'd tell you that I kind of miss you.
1:46 PM

His last message gave me shivers. Oh my god, what was he trying to do to me?

I could feel my face heating up now and I didn't know how to respond to his messages. I tried to type several messages but ended up deleting them immediately.

Me:
You should stop saying things like that Byun Baekhyun. Or else I'm going to go crazy about you.
1:54 PM

I sent him about eight laughing-out-loud emojis too so it wouldn't seem like I meant what I said.

Byun:
I'm going to pretend you're not joking Park Hae Won.
1:55 PM

I wasn't really joking though.

Byun:
Do you have a boyfriend?
1:57 PM

I couldn't believe he was asking me this question casually but I decided to tell him the truth.

Me:
No.
1:59 PM

Byun:
I don't have a girlfriend. Just in case you wanna know. XD
2:00 PM

I automatically smiled when I read it.

Me:
Hmm...I think I should contact a journalist about this. A lot of fangirls will be happy to hear this news. 
2:02 PM

I got a laughing emoji in reply to my recent message.

We talked for about an hour before we had to end it because he was already being called. He told me that he was doing a photoshoot today. He even said that I should anticipate how handsome he would be and that I must buy a copy of the magazine. I ended up laughing so hard after he said it.
 

*.☽.*

The next few days went like a blur. Baekhyun and I started to text each other regularly. And to be honest, I was starting to get worried because I kept thinking that he might stop texting me one day and I'd be left alone to deal with it.

I told myself many times that he just wanted to be friends. And friendship would be the only relationship that could ever exist between us. Yes, that would be the most rational thing that could happen.
 

*.☽.*

It was a Thursday evening. Ji Hye and I were watching a TV show where one of the guests was Baekhyun. She said that he would be performing one of his songs so we should watch him.

He sang a very sweet song. His voice sounded like Honey. His falsettos were amazing too. And his facial expressions, while he sang, were so beautiful. He looked and sounded so pleasant that I couldn't help but smile a lot.

"Eonnie?" Ji Hye called me and I momentarily detached my attention from the TV to her.

"Yes, Ji Hye?"

"You love him, don't you?"

I almost choked at her question. I paused for a moment before letting out an awkward laugh.

"What are you talking about Ji Hye?"

"You kept on smiling the whole time. The way you also look at him, it's like the one in the dramas. Like when the female lead looks at the lead guy." She explained.

Why did she have to be this smart? Did I look like that?

Was I falling for Baekhyun?

"Well, he's a really good singer, right? And his song..." I paused to think of a very good excuse. "Ah right! His song is a sweet love song. I kind of loved it. That's why I was smiling the whole time." I told her, my words coming out fast.

She threw me a doubtful look for a brief second then she turned to the TV, where Baekhyun was being interviewed by the host.

"You know what Eonnie? I think you and Baekhyun will look cute together."

"What!?" Her statement almost made me jump. Where was she getting all these ideas?

"I mean. He’s handsome and you are pretty too." She said. "But there's no way you two can be together." This time she sounded a little sad.

I also kind of felt sad with her last statement. She was right. There's no way the two of us could be together.

"You're right Ji Hye. He's very famous." I said trying my best not to space out after this realization.

 

*.☽.*

8:26 AM

I just finished taking a bath and I was about to blow dry my hair when I received a message from Baekhyun.

Byun:
Good Morning. Hae Won, are you up?
08:27 AM

Me:
Good Morning Byun.
8:29 AM

Byun:
I got my manager to free my schedule in the afternoon. Do you think we could go meet up there?
8:31 AM

<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter