Morning After ❁

Ephemeral
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 06:

 

 

 

 

*.☽.*

It was almost eight in the evening when I got home. The first thing I did was look for Uncle Jin Woo and tell him about my bike. After explaining to him what I thought was wrong with it, he advised me to bring the bike to his shop the next morning so he could replace the broken parts.

We all ate dinner together that night and after helping Aunt Sunny with the dishes, I directly headed to my room.

The first thing I did as soon as closing my bedroom door was throw my body on the bed. I was instantly met by the blank ceiling. I didn't move for about a few seconds then I remembered my phone. I looked for my purse, shoved my hand inside it, and took my phone out.

I immediately went to my call register and found an unregistered number which I believed would be his.

I unconsciously nibbled my thumb as I looked intently at it. Then my thoughts wandered to him again. I couldn't help but wonder because he seemed so casual earlier. He radiated a calm and confident aura. Weren't celebrities supposed to be a little off and scared of strangers?

"Maybe he's not a celebrity. Maybe he's just Byun Baekhyun's twin or something." I said before I laughed at myself for coming up with the craziest ideas all the time. 

I shook my head as I tried to dismiss any other thoughts related to him. I also put my cellphone on the bedside table afraid that if I put it somewhere near me, I might call or text in my sleep later.
 

*.☽.*

It was about a quarter past ten in the evening, I just finished taking a shower and was getting ready for bed when I heard a beep coming from my phone.

I was sitting in front of my vanity table at the moment, so I turned around to the bedside table where my phone was and saw the LCD lit up.

I walked towards it and sat on the bed while I casually unlocked my phone.

My eyes widened when I saw Baekhyun's number followed by the instant realization that he just sent me a message.

I didn't know why but I suddenly felt a little bit antsy seeing his number in my inbox. It almost even felt like I just received an important text message about whether I got the job or not. Something like that.

A big part of me knew I was overreacting so I took a deep breath before clicking on his text.

010 **** ****
"Hey, are you still awake?"
10:16 PM

His text message was simple but why was there something weird happening behind my chest?

I stared at his message for a few minutes debating if, one, should I reply or two, should I pretend that I was already sleeping.

The latter one was mean, so I settled on the first option, which was to send a reply.

But before anything else, I stood and briskly walked back and forth inside my room trying to calm myself. I took a few deep breaths before I went back to my bed, crossed my legs, and started to type my reply.

"Oh hi there...I'm still..." I was texting and saying my reply out loud and it sounded so awkward, I deleted it.

Me:
"Yeah. You?"
10:27 PM

It was too late when I realized how stupid that was because of course he would be still up or else he wouldn't be able to text me anymore.

His reply was fast and so was my finger tapping on it to read it.

010 **** ****
"Of course. I'm not that talented to text in my sleep." 
10:28 PM

His words were followed by three crying while laughing emojis.

I could imagine his laugh and the way his eyes would form into crescents just reading his reply.

I unconsciously smiled as my eyes remained glued to his reply. I slowly felt my body relax a little bit so I started to type a message again.

Me:
"Now that's something a Byun Baekhyun can't do."
10:32 PM

010 **** ****
"I would appreciate it if you keep that a secret too. I'm afraid it will ruin my image."
10:33 PM

Me:
Um, I'll think about it.
10:35 PM

010 **** ****
Pretty please?
10:36 PM

Me:
Were you pouting when you said that?
10:37 PM

010 **** ****
Of course, I have never pouted this hard in my life.
10:38 PM

I burst out laughing when I read his reply. I realized it might have been too loud so I immediately stopped myself.

Me:
Will you stop being so funny? I'm afraid I might wake the whole household.
10:40 PM

010 **** ****
I can't help it. It comes out naturally.
10:41 PM

I sent him laughing-out-loud emojis as a reply.

Then he started to ask me basic stuff about myself such as my age, my major, where I lived in Australia, my work when I was there, and even my hobbies.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter