Starry Summer Night ❁

Ephemeral
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 45:



 

 


*.☽.*

Late summer.

It had been about more or less two hundred and fifty days since that fateful day he officially asked me to marry him up on that cliff overlooking the majestic Australian ocean view. Sure, it had been months but every detail seemed to have remained fresh in my thoughts until now. From the way, he looked as he took out the ring, how he knelt on one knee, that one final blink he had before popping the question, and the look of joy and love on his face when I said yes.

That specific feeling I had in my heart when he spun me around surrounded by those beautiful daisies was something I kept inside the intangible locket in my heart. Every little thing about that was a dream come true. It was magical, almost unrealistic but real in every way.

Here we are now.

We both stood in the very place where we first met. Being here again made me appreciate that day I saw him up here. I could perfectly remember how he emerged from the giant rock formation on the other side, how anxious I was unexpectedly seeing someone else was here aside from me. The confusion that took over me as I watched him walk towards the edge and the way I had to hold my breath when I thought he was going to jump. A natural embarrassed smile took over my lips as I recalled how I accidentally kicked him between his pants. By this time, I understood that it was a vital part of our memory of that day.

Honestly, it remained a wonder to me how, of all the people, it was him. I could’ve met someone else up here but it was Baekhyun, someone who was adored by a lot of people. As I thought of the things that happened after we found out how we felt for each other, it all made sense. I had finally known why it was him of all people.

It has to be the guy in a black bucket hat.

Tearing my attention from the familiar view in front of me, I gazed at him. His eyes were closed as he seemed to be taking in the wondrous scenery, feeling the summer breeze on his face. His hair was slightly blown by the friendly wind. The gentle look on his face kinda made me think that he was probably thinking of the same thing. He looked as contented and happy as I was and it was so rewarding. The subtle smile he had on right now almost if not completely, melted my heart.

His smile is the key to the butterflies in my stomach.

Momentarily taking off my attention from him, I tilted my head up to look at the sky silently thanking the heavens for the blessing standing next to me. I didn’t want to imagine how my life would have turned out if he wasn’t in it.

I turned to him again and it was as if it was the first time I ever laid eyes on him. Only now, he wasn’t wearing a bucket hat anymore. He wasn’t meters away from me just like the last time but was now inches away from where I stood. I didn’t have to run towards him thinking he’d jump but had somehow found my place right next to him. It almost felt like I was supposed to be here like I was finally home.

Baekhyun is my home.

The old hiking place, same spot. The same season, same people who now meant very differently to each other.

Yes, he’s still the same person but he meant differently to me now. From being the celebrity that I didn’t recognize, he’s now the love of my life. He would be the man who would wait for me at the end of the aisle tomorrow. It was still almost unbelievable but he’d be the man who I would call my husband, a father to our kids slash strawberries as he would refer them. Someone whom I love and would continue to love with my whole heart.

I took a deep breath, closed my eyes to savor the moment as if trying to etch everything about today in my memory. Sealing it in an imaginary vault in my head.

Then, all of a sudden, he gave my hand a slight tug as he pulled me into a warm, gentle hug. As soon as our bodies dismissed the space between us, there was nothing else but that serene quietness. It was like we were both enjoying the feeling of having each other this close. Shutting my eyes closed, I unconsciously recalled how we went back to Korea a couple of days after his proposal. How we were both so excited to get married as soon as possible but he had prior tour schedules and career engagements, so we decided to have it in August.

We had to wait for months and months and we’re now down to a day.  

I remembered how he talked to me one night about sharing the news of our engagement with his fans. He told me that they were a part of who he was and he would want to share the great news with them. I had always loved how genuine his love for his fans was and I supported him right away. I found out how private he was when it came to his personal life before but something had changed since that fanmeet in December. It was as if he built a new connection and trust with those who remained by his side.

Although we knew that it was going to somehow get negative reactions from the public, we resorted to valuing those who truly support him.

It was during his encore concert in Korea, three months ago, his ending ment to be exact when he announced to his fans that he and I were officially engaged.

I was backstage with Manager Kang and my fingers were slightly trembling as he told the audience that the next thing he was about to say was going to be from his heart and he was going to say it with pure intentions.

“You guys probably know how last year was for me and all of us. It was both complicated, confusing but liberating as well. During my fanmeet right before Christmas, I told you about this amazing woman I met. And during this whole Fearless tour, I’ve been so vocal about being grateful to each of you who stayed with me after. You guys supported me fearlessly as well and it warms my heart every time I think of it.”

I bit my lower lip, silently praying for things to come out well. I can’t take to witness his heartbreaking.

“And tonight…” He trailed off to take a deep breath. “What I’m about to tell you is something extremely special to me.” He stared at the audience, his gaze holding the very emotions he must have felt at the exact moment.
 
“Though, I don’t know if this is going to make you happy or confused, mad or…” He paused, placing his hand on his mouth for a few seconds as if he was pondering on something.

“I just, I just want you guys to know and I guess you should hear it straight from me.” He paused for a bit to let out a nervous laugh. “Haewon and I are engaged.” He finally said, his hand gripping the mic.

Though the venue was huge, the gasps made by the concert attendees were still audible. Then the audience fell silent. Deafening kind of silence.  

“Well honestly…only a fool would let her go,” Baekhyun added, probably hoping to break the ice as he made an effort to make them laugh. “I’d like to believe I’m not a fool so I made sure I’d never lose her.”

Baekhyun closed his eyes and what could be running in his mind right now, I didn’t know.

I was so nervous. My heart, I swear my heart was about to jump out of my chest when the whole venue continued to be silent since his announcement. I could hear my heartbeat in my ears before something caught my attention.

The fanlights which had seemingly frozen since his announcement started to move as a buzzing sound started to fill the hall before different inaudible reactions followed.

I saw how Baekhyun took a step back and watched the audience’s reactions thoroughly and I watched how his lips formed into an upward curve when the audience broke the stadium’s silence by cheering. Like a miracle happening before my eyes, they all raised their fanlights and waved them up in the air. All of a sudden, the venue looked so breathtaking with Baekhyun in the middle of the stage looking genuinely happy and proud of his fans.

The scene brought tears to my eyes of course. Seeing the outcome, it’s true that no matter what happens the good will outweigh the bad. The good ones will be there for him no matter what. His sincere love for his fans attracted genuine support from them too.

“I must have saved a planet in my past life to deserve such pure-hearted people like you. Not just those who are here but also those of you who are at home, at work, at school…” He let out a small laugh, his eyes turning into crescents. “No matter where in the world you are right now...I promise you that no matter what changes come for me, I won’t forget the fact that we have been through years and years together and that stuff we did together will have a special place in my heart.” He momentarily paused as he pointed a finger on his left chest.

“My loves, there is a space in my heart that is only for you. I don’t know if I tell you this as often as I should I’m grateful. You always tell me how I make you guys happy, how by simply existing, you can endure the hard times.” He took a deep breath.

“Let me tell you now that you do the same thing for me. Stuff gets hard for me too and you guys sure kept me going. That’s why I’m still here up to this very moment. I am what I am now because of you and me. I wouldn’t have continued singing until now if you weren’t there to listen to my songs anymore. What we have is special and I hope that no matter where life takes us, a part of you will smile when you remember the time we spent together.” He smiled at them, staring at the audience with love evident in his eyes.

“I will support your happiness just as you do for mine. I wish that every one of you will find someone who makes you happy, someone who will treat you right. Please be healthy and let’s be together for a long time.”

Articles about our engagement flooded the internet right away. Of course, there were mixed reactions to his announcement. There were still those who got mad at us which I had learned was inevitable. I promised him I’d only focus on the good ones as the support from his fans all over the world was truly heartwarming. It was like a dream but those who supported him were far greater in number than those who left.

I am convinced that Baekhyun and his fans seemed to have their personalized version of true love.

As soon as his tour was done, Baekhyun and I focused on the planning of the wedding. Since we had both agreed to have a simple and intimate wedding, we had the right amount of time for the preparation. I would’ve wanted to get a job but he asked me to delay it after the wedding which I gladly agreed with. Though I made him promise that he will let me work once everything was settled.

We were both sad when we dismissed the thought of getting married up at the old hiking place where we first met because we had to consider the hike that our parents, plus Mr. and Mrs. Kim who we invited, had to go through for the whole thing. Though the hiking place was special to us, we didn’t wanna make it difficult for them.

We spent about a month looking for an alternative place where we could hold the private ceremony until that one Tuesday afternoon when he walked in the room and gave me a box that contained a key. When I asked him what it was, he said that he’d give me three words and I’d have to guess the answer myself.

First. Trip. Together.

The way my eyes grew wide and my jaw dropped when I realized that he was talking about the Cabin we visited last year. Wearing his signature smile and eyes forming into crescents, he told me that he finally bought the house. I was so happy, I mean I truly loved that place, the ambiance, the coziness, the spacious lawn around it, and the array of trees. It was like a haven. The way I had to pause and meet his eyes for a few quiet seconds before he confirmed by nodding that he was thinking of the same thing.

“Baby?” He asked, his hands cupping my face, his thumbs caressing my skin. “Would you like to marry me there?” He added all smiles.

I was moved to tears instantly, tiptoeing to give him a firm kiss on the mouth. Clinging unto him by wounding my hands around his neck, we kissed for a few seconds.

God, I was so happy.

“I’ll honestly marry you anywhere and everywhere in the world Baek, but that place is perfect,” I answered, truly and genuinely happy.


*.☽.*

It was his tightening embrace that knocked me back to the present. I felt him take a deep breath as he rubbed the back of my head with his hands gently.

“I can’t believe I’m finally marrying you.” He said in a gentle tone. “I cannot, cannot, cannot wait to marry you, baby.” He added as he leaned away, our faces inches from touching.

It made the corners of my lips turn upward before I let out a small laugh. It was so heartwarming how he never failed to let me know how excited he was to marry me.

“Twenty-four hours had never been this long.” He went on as he chuckled before he leaned closer to plant a quick kiss on my lips.

“I cannot wait to marry you too Baek,” I replied as soon as we broke the kiss, my statement-making his face lit up just a little bit more.

The next thing, his hand was already gently placed on my neck, his thumb caressing my cheek. Our eyes were busy observing every detail of each other’s faces. My attention fell on the little mole right above the corner of his lips. It had always been my favorite dot on his face and it made me soft most of the time.

As his face drew closer, my mind was taken away from that spot on his lips and was brought to a different state. Feeling his satin-soft lips on mine was a delight. Like a trance, I got pulled into. Every move, every seemed to contain everything he wanted to say. The way he gently nibbled on my lower lip, plant a little kiss on my upper lip as he slowed his pace down. There was just always something so great when he kissed me slowly. I was kissing him back but my head just couldn’t get over about every detail his beautiful mouth did to mine.

I slipped my hands around his body and held him tightly, causing him to break the kiss. When our eyes met, we didn’t say anything. We just gazed at each other for as long as we could before his eyes fell on my neck that wore the strawberry necklace he gave me.

He smiled, his eyes still on the pendant. I didn’t know what was going on in his mind but he seemed pretty engrossed, so I decided to distract him by tiptoeing, cupping his face with my hands before showering his face with little kisses.

I heard him laugh of course as it was obvious that he liked the attention he was getting at the moment. Right after kissing his mouth, I met his brown orbs. About to get lost in them, my mind was occupied by a particular thought.

“Baek?” I muttered, about to verbalize what was on my mind.

“Hmm?” He asked, his palms gently rubbing my hands which were still on his face.

I watched him play with my hands, closing his eyes momentarily. His lips slightly parted as he took a deep breath before looking back at me.  
“If I…” I trailed off.

I suddenly thought of how silly my question was but the curious expression on his face egged me on.

“If I hadn’t come to Korea…you know like if I didn’t know this place existed…do you think we’d ever meet?”

He leaned away from me, his eyebrows frowning a bit as he appeared confused. Then he seemed like he was pondering on the thought.

“Yeah.” He replied. “Of course.”

“Really?”

He nodded once more, his eyebrows and the way he was staring at me told me how certain he was.

“If you didn’t go to Korea or didn’t know about this place, then maybe I must have gone to Australia instead, maybe I’d meet you at the beach on New Year’s Eve…or I’d see you walking in the shore and I’d pretend to be drowning for you to come and save me.”

I couldn’t help but smile at his chosen location, date, and the ridiculous drowning scene he made up.

“Or maybe we’d met on the plane or a bus going somewhere. I don’t know…” He shrugged as he wound his hands on my waist. “One thing I’m certain of is the fact that I would’ve come to you eventually.”

What he said made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

“There was no way we won’t be able to meet. We had to.” He went on as he lifted a hand to tuck my hair behind my ear. “Just like how we did.”

I smiled as I listened to him end his statement. Smitten by the fact that we were on the same page. That we both thought that we were meant to meet each other.

“How about you?”

I rested my arms on his shoulders, my hands loosely meeting behind his head.

“Actually…” I played with his hair as I formulated my next words in my head. “I think that there was no way I won’t be able to go back to Korea. The fact that you’re here…” We both smiled at the same time which made us both look away for a second before gazing at each other once more.

“I’d probably be drawn to you no matter what.”

He chuckled as he pulled me closer into a hug with a groan.

“Please stop.” He said which made me wonder right away. “Can’t you see it’s already hard for me to wait for twenty-four hours to marry you?”

With that, I fully understood what he meant which brought an unstoppable curve on my lips.

“You’re so corny,” I remarked, half laughing. “Can’t believe I’m marrying a corn.”

The way he laughed so loud at what I just said made me giggle inside his arms for a couple of seconds.

“Can’t believe I’m marrying my favorite strawberry.” He retorted with a wide smile.

The feels it gives me every time he calls me his favorite strawberry is indescribable.

My eyes darting to that spot, I broke free from his hug without saying anything. I walked away from him, leaving him clueless.

“Baby, what are you doing?”

I heard him call but I continued to walk away.

“Hey, Strawberry, where you are going?”

I finally stopped when I reached the spot. The very spot where I stood the first time I ever saw him. I took a deep breath, closed my eyes as I reminisced the exact moment. Turning around to face him, I watched his confused face staring back at me with both hands shoved inside his jeans’ pockets.

Can I just say how handsome he is because he is no matter what he does? 

He was right on the same spot too. With the absence of the black bucket hat, I had full access to his handsome face.

It took him another second to realize what I was doing. He let out a soft laugh, shook his head before he went back to gaze at me once more. This time, confusion was nowhere to be found. He was certain what this all meant.

We did that for a good minute, our heads probably filled with the same thoughts.

When I took the first step forward, I saw him do the same thing. We made unhurried steps towards each other and met halfway. We stopped when we were about a foot away, our eyes meeting.

“Hi.” I greeted with a growing smile on my lips.

“Hi.” He replied, wearing the same expression as mine.

This is silly but fun at the same time.

“I think…” I paused as I gave him the look like I was trying to recognize him. “I think I saw you somewhere.”

“I don’t know.” He shrugged. “What I do know is who you look like.” He added, sounding truly in character.

“Really?” I asked. “Who?”

“My future wife.” He answered, unblinking.

Oh my god, why is he this good?

He was so good, I forgot all the fake lines I was about to say while a genuine smile adorned my face. I closed down the space between us by giving him a bone-crushing hug. I immediately felt his arms circling my waist as he hugged me just the same.

I got emotional like it all came flooding my thoughts. Everything that happened from the day we first met here until now.

“You know…” I said wanting to fight the urge to cry. “It would have been really weird if you said that the first time we met right?”

He chuckled as he lifted me off my feet for a bit, his hug tight as if never wanting to let me go.

“Yeah, thank god I wasn’t that lame.” He replied as I felt him give my shoulder a quick kiss.

We both laughed the moment we let each other go.

“I love you.” He told me like he meant every word as he stared at me intently.

My reply was quick and sure.

 “I love you.”

We stayed there for about an hour more. We would’ve wanted to wait for the sunset but we had to travel back to Seoul before finally heading to the cabin where everyone must be busy preparing everything for tomorrow’s event.

He held my hand as we finally turned around from the view. Though before we finally left, I turned around to give the whole place one last look.

“Thank you hiking place.”

I said but only in my thoughts.


*.☽.*

4:13 PM

We were on our way to the cabin when my sister called me and said that they prepared a small dinner for us on the other side of the cabin, opposite to where we would have the wedding ceremony tomorrow. She mentioned that she was with Liz who flew in from Australia last week, Soo Ah and Kyungsoo who she met during the first wedding meeting two weeks ago. I must say they all got along with each other.

The idea of a get-together dinner put a smile on both Baekhyun's and mine’s faces. When we entered the Cabin’s premises, we got a glimpse of the wedding organizer, who was a trusted friend of Manager Kang, busy working on the venue with her people. Soo Ah and Kyungsoo were busy setting the table on the other side of the cabin. We talked with them for a bit before Alice and Liz got out of the house, on their hands were centerpieces made of beautiful dried flowers.

“So, how was your hike future, Mr. and Mrs. Byun?” Alice shot right away, giving me a peck on the cheek before setting the centerpiece on the long wooden table.

Baekhyun and I laughed at the future Mr. and Mrs. Byun thing.

“Well.” Baekhyun shrugged, a smile still visible on his face. “It was great.” He stared at me. “Too bad I couldn’t marry Haewon there.”

“Aww.” Liz and Soo Ah chorused.

The rest of us laughed at their reactions. We talked for a little bit more before Soo Ah told us to get changed. She mentioned how she already prepared our clothes. Liz then said that we were going to have a classy, semi-formal dinner. My eyes grew wide at the information but Baekhyun and I nevertheless went inside the house with her.

By this time, I trust Soo Ah with everything related to dressing me up. No wonder she’s a famous stylist in the industry. That was why she was present when I chose the wedding gown I’d be wearing tomorrow.

We were about to enter the bedroom Baekhyun and I were using when she stopped me by the wrist.

“Na-uh, Haewon you come with me to the other room.” She instructed which made me wonder.

Baekhyun seemed equally confused as well.

“I’m gonna help her get ready.” She told her cousin right away. “Your clothes are on your bed. If you need help with anything, just send me a message.”

“Haewon and I can just get ready together Soo Ah.” Baekhyun reasoned out as he tried to grab my arm. “Just bring her things here.”

“No.” Soo Ah protested. “It’s dangerous.”

“Dangerous?” Baekhyun and I chorused.

The three of us exchanged looks for a good five seconds.

“What do you mean?” Baekhyun was the first one to ask, his eyebrows furrowed.

“I mean…” Soo Ah trailed off as she removed his hand off my arm. “You will thank me later.” She smiled at him. “Now, get inside and make sure you look handsome later.”

“But I’m already handsome,” Baekhyun argued.

I automatically laughed at his argument.

“Point taken.” Soo Ah answered before she turned to me. “I can use a little help here Haewon?”

“Baek,” I uttered. “I’ll see you later, okay?”

He looked at me as if displeased by what he heard. Defeated, Baekhyun turned around and got inside the room.

“Make sure you don’t dress her ridiculously this time.” He said, opening the door ajar with his head sticking out.

“What are you talking about? I always dress her nicely.” Soo Ah reasoned out. “Bye.”

I laughed at how they always bicker like this when it comes to the clothes I should wear.

“Ugh, you’re the only one he listens to, do you know that?” Soo Ah said, smiling.

I chuckled at her reaction especially when she let out a fake eye roll before we laughed together.

“Which I must say kinda romantic.” She noted before we entered the room. “Of course.”


*.☽.*

I didn’t know how long it took until I was done getting ready. Soo Ah already left, telling me she’d have to get ready with the other girls too. 

I was now staring at my reflection in the mirror. I blinked my eyes a couple of times as I looked at myself from head to toe. I was wearing a cream, satin cowl neck dress with strings as halter straps. It wasn’t long but it wasn’t short either reaching just two inches above my knees. The neckline was y but not too flashy, showing just the right amount of skin on my chest. The satin subtly hugged my curves well which I loved. She made me wear gold simple strapped stilettoes that perfectly matched the dress and emphasized my legs.  

I must say Soo Ah did a wonderful job with my hair too. She ironed it straight before giving me that side part, sleek hairstyle. She told me she didn’t want any hair covering my shoulders, so she tucked them behind my ears neatly with the help of bobby pins. My hair neatly fell on my back, covering my exposed skin due to the dress’ low back design. I didn’t usually have my hair done like this but I loved it. It looked really simple but classy. Even my make-up looked pretty natural. My face looked smooth and glowing. She also left my ears and neck free from any jewelry telling me I had y collarbones, so I had to leave it bare just like that.

“My gosh! Haewon, you look like a goddess!” She shrieked, complimenting me after making sure she was done earlier. “I bet Baekhyun will go mad crazy the moment he sees you and I can’t even blame him.”

My heartbeat started to accelerate when I thought about how Baekhyun would react. He had never seen me wear a dress like this before. I was satisfied with how I looked but standing in front of Baekhyun looking like this was a different story.

Soo Ah sure does wonders, I’m so glad she’s going to do my hair and make-up tomorrow.

We’ve gotten close during the wedding preparations these previous months. She always promised me that I would be the most beautiful bride and that even Baekhyun’s fans would be so proud I was the one their idol would be marrying. She was so bubbly and fun to talk to. I love her.

About ten minutes later, I received a message from Soo Ah to come out. I took a deep breath as I surveyed my reflection in the mirror one last time before leaving the room. The moment I reached the stairs, I saw Baekhyun waiting for me at the bottom. He had his back facing my direction. Seeing him there, I balled my fists feeling nervous all of a sudden.

The way my breath automatically hitched when, as if in slow motion, he finally turned around noticing me for the first time. His removed hands were previously inside his pockets as he stared at me with evident awe.

I, however, had to remind myself to breathe because he looked so dashing in an all-black suit. Black blazer plus black button-down inner that perfectly hugged his broad shoulders, paired with black slacks and formal shoes. He wasn’t just handsome, he was… he was…drop-dead gorgeous and I had to convince myself that he’s mine most of the time.

My poor brain can’t think of any word because it’s like staring at my entire universe. He was the stars, the moon, the sun, and the beautiful galaxies altogether.

That twinkle of love and adoration in his eyes was too loud, I could almost hear it along with the beating of my heart. He was staring at me and it was as if everything faded around us. I watched how his lips slightly parted as he searched me from head to toe, his eyes lingering on my legs for a little too long.

That little smirk he made was all it took for my cheeks to turn warm.
 
I slowly went down the stairs, careful with my every step, a hand on the rail for support. Nearing him, I couldn’t help but appreciate how incomparably good-looking he was again. It was like staring into a portrait hung on the wall. His hair was handsomely styled in that wet, comma hair look. I had to bite the inside of my lower lip when the corner of his lips turned upward accompanied by that subtle raising of his eyebrow.

As soon as I closed the distance between us, I tried to act casually with a coy smile. He didn’t say anything but continued to make eye contact. We just stood in front of each other quietly, my attention caught by every small movement from him. The way he blinked, the way his brows would raise, the way his Adam’s apple moved as he swallowed, his audible breathing. His attention then shifted to the neckline of my dress. His eyes lingered there for a few good seconds before looking up to my face again.

My attention darting to his mouth, I prayed for him not to talk in that low and raspy voice.

“What is Soo Ah thinking letting you wear this kind of dress the night before our wedding?”

My prayers were unanswered as he spoke in a manner I hoped he wouldn’t be. That asmr-ish voice he used was about to drive me crazy. That y subtle smile on his lips too was about to cause me to hyperventilate.

“I both love and hate her for dressing you like this.” He added before smirking. “But at the same time, my heart wants to explode because you look absolutely sensational.” There was something so y in the way he said his last word.

I heard him fill his lungs with air as he placed his hands on my waist, holding me gently, his fingertips teasing. I smiled at him as I met his eyes once more because there was something so magnetic by the way his eyes graze every part of my face.  

“You like it?” I asked in a small voice, though it was already obvious that he did.

My thoughts had this natural inability to form coherent thoughts whenever Baekhyun’s face was so close to mine, his cool breath fanning my face.

He nodded.

“You’re the most beautiful thing my eyes have ever seen in this world.” He replied, his face just inches away from mine now. “You’re perfect.” He paused to reach for my hand where I had the engagement ring. “Thank God I get to call you my wife tomorrow.”

I let out a small laugh but had to dismiss it when I felt his fingers find their way to my collarbones.

“You know what’s crazy?” I heard him ask the next second.

I simply watched him, waiting for his next words.

“It’s how I love everything about you...” His fingers went on to delicately trace my neck as well. “Every detail…so…so beautiful.” He added in a low voice, his mouth about to touch my ear as he leaned in.

I couldn’t find any words to respond to what he just said. All I could do was concentrate on the lingering sensation his delicate fingers were leaving on my skin, his lips almost touching my neck.

“Soo Ah was right when she said that it was dangerous for us to get ready together.” He told me, his eyes now exploring my bare shoulders.

My lips naturally formed into an upward curve due to his implied compliments about how I looked. I momentarily tilted my head down and when I looked at him again, he was giving me that heavy gaze filled with apparent desire.

I just knew this dress was making it difficult for him.

For me too, honestly, because he was approaching me like this and I’ve grown too weak for this Baekhyun.

“Say something…”

I heard him and the gulp he made didn’t escape my sight.  

“Distract me from taking you back upstairs.” He added as if he meant every word by the way he continued to look at me. “And taking this sinful dress off of you.”

I had to swallow when I saw his jaw clenched, obviously suppressing himself.

“Uh…w-well, mm...” I stuttered like an idiot, sounding stupid even in my ears. “I’m so hungry…why don’t we go meet everyone now-”
 
“Not helping.” He informed, smirking. “You being awkward and cute like this isn’t helping.” His hand went down to the curve of my waist once more.

Well, that didn’t work.

His other hand went for my chin, tilting my head up as he stared at me under his lashes. His lips were barely an inch away from mine.

The way my hands formed into fists on my sides, fighting the urge to close the gap between our mouths. However, I was scared someone would walk in on us in this state. As a result, I forced my poor brain to think of something else quick, something that would make Baekhyun stop.  

“Baek,” I uttered nervously.

“Hmm?” His eyes were on my lips, his thumb tracing my jaw.

“Do you remember when you were dancing to UN Village and Mr. Kim-”

Baekhyun, sweetie I’m sorry.

His eyes immediately met mine as he pressed a finger on my lips, making me stop talking right away. The evident look of desire in his eyes eased up as he sighed. Taking his hands off me, he stepped away as he brought his hands on his waist, his head up.

I knew how embarrassed he was that time and every time he acted like this, I couldn’t help but be amused. I could still remember how red his face was that time and the look on his face when Mr. Kim told him to stop dancing because he didn’t look good.
I know he hates it when I remind him of that.

“You’re never going to forget about that, will you?” He asked his eyes on me again. “Even if I ask you to never bring that horrible memory back again, right?”

“Never.” I shook my head sideways, suppressing myself from laughing.

He took a deep breath before he went closer to me again to hold my hand.

“I shouldn’t ask you for distraction next time.” He regretted, shaking his head. “You just end up making fun of me.”

This time, I wasn’t able to stop myself from laughing at his reaction.

“Well, it worked so…”

I just had to stop reasoning out when he unexpectedly grabbed my face and pressed his lips on mine. The first thing that I thought of was my lipstick smudging but Baekhyun being a great kisser kicked that thought out of my head’s window right away.

As in right away.

The spinning in my head, that sudden rush of surrender, the need to cling to him for support, the warmth springing from my face, the butterflies in my stomach. They all took place at the same time, sending my thoughts all over the place.

The desire I saw in his eyes earlier, I could now feel every bit of it with every of lips. His kiss was needy, aggressive but it was still obvious that he was holding himself back.

I must admit that short, blissful kiss left me some kind of hangover after. My face was red as he gazed at me with his handsome stare. Distracting myself, I took my phone out of my purse to check my reflection. I was expecting for the worse but was amazed by how kiss-proof my lipstick was. It only left a tiny smudge which nothing a tissue couldn’t solve. I also checked on Baekhyun’s mouth and it was spotless.

With Baekhyun around, I desperately need this lipstick.

“She might have predicted the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter