Soloist ❁

Ephemeral
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3: 


 





*.☽.*

I immediately went inside my room and ran to sit in front of my desk where my laptop was. When asked to enter a keyword to start searching, I couldn't think of any. I didn't know where to start but as I closed my eyes to try and remember his face, I started to type random words like Korean Actor and Korean Idol.

I checked on the image results but none of them resembled the guy I met earlier. I drummed my fingers on my desk as I tried to think of something else. I typed Famous celebrities in Korea. I clicked on the images tab and started scrolling down hoping I would find a familiar face. I was engrossed in what I was doing for a few seconds when Aunt Sunny called me for dinner.

Though I wanted to find out who he was so badly, I was in no position to let everyone wait. Leaving my laptop, I walked out of my room and joined Aunt Sunny's family. 
 

*.☽.*

Auntie prepared a delicious dinner that night and my heart couldn't help but flutter when I saw Samgyeopsal on the table. It was one of my favorite Korean dishes. My cousin Ji Hye was already at the table with her plate full but her eyes were glued to her phone. Uncle Jinwoo usually arrived home late which explained why his seat was unoccupied at the moment. 

I sat and ate with them even though my mind started to wander somewhere else. I tried to close my eyes making sure I still remembered his face. I had to remember it. I didn't know exactly why I had to. For the first time, a stranger's face mattered to me. 

"Are you okay, Hae Won?" My aunt's voice got me startled. 

"Uh, yes Auntie," I replied briefly. "Sorry, the food was so delicious, I had to close my eyes for appreciation. " I added jokingly. 

She laughed at my remark.

"You like to eat just like your mom."

Aunt Sunny was right, my mom and I like to eat very much. Since I was young, I never said no to any food. Well, minus the extremely exotic ones of course.

After a few minutes of munching and chewing, my cousin, who was seated next to me, shrieked all of a sudden. I almost choked and had to immediately grab the glass of water in front of me. 

That's so unexpected, I thought. What's the matter?

My aunt and I looked at her in surprise. She was holding her phone and it seemed like she read or saw something that made her react that way. 

"What's wrong, Ji Hye?" I asked her when I was able to finally swallow my food. 

"It's number one!"

Her high-pitched voice almost broke my eardrums. 

"He's number one!" She answered, causing me to be more confused. "He made it!"

"Huh?" I uttered, still in the dark. 

"Eonnie, it's my favorite singer! He topped the charts!" She sounded so happy explaining. 

I nodded, finally getting what she meant.

"Oh my gosh, this is so amazing. I have to tell my friends." She added as she started to type like crazy. "Ah, really this is great!"

I just looked at her not knowing how to react exactly, then at my aunt who was still eating and didn't seem to be bothered by her teenager's sudden outburst. 

"You'll get used to her Hae Won," Auntie told me when she noticed my eyes on her. 

I nodded in response with an awkward smile.

"You should listen to his songs Eonnie," Jihye turned and leaned towards me. "He has the most beautiful voice in the world, I swear. And he's also very handsome!" 

The way her eyes sparkled as she told me about her favorite singer was something. She must like him to the moon and back. 

"What's his name?" I asked out of curiosity as I grabbed my phone, ready to search for her favorite singer's name.  

"By-" She stopped halfway before she started yelling. "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! He's on TV!" She stood and jumped excitedly. "Mom, please let me watch his performance. I promise I'll do my homework right after." She begged breathlessly. "Please, please...please."

I checked on my aunt's reaction and for a moment there she seemed to disagree with her.  

"Please. Please. Please, Mom." Jihye begged once more. "I swear, I will study very hard after the show."

"Okay but-"

My aunt was not even finished talking yet when Ji Hye sprinted out of the dining room to the living room. She looked so funny, flashing her way to the other part of the house. As a matter of fact, the house wasn't that big so, in just a matter of seconds, Ji Hye was already in front of the TV. 

I chuckled at her actions. She looked adorable being an avid fan of someone like that. 

"Sometimes, I wonder where she gets her energy when it comes to her favorite singer. I just hope she has the same level when it comes to studying." I heard my Aunt.

"She's very cute Auntie," I said smiling while I watched Ji Hye panic in the living room. 

"Oh my gosh!!! He's going to sing his new song!!!" Ji Hye screamed like crazy.

"She must like him very much," I muttered.

"Well, actually Haewon...that singer's really good," Auntie said as she stood to gather the dishes on the table. "Honestly, I like him too." She smiled at me. "But never tell Ji Hye about this, okay?" 

I chuckled once more at my aunt's revelation.

"Really Auntie?" My eyes grew wide as I asked her. "Wow, he must be something else then."

"He is famous for a reason. I won't be surprised if you end up liking him too."

"Now, I'm curious," I told her. "And lucky you Auntie, I am good at keeping secrets," I added making us both laugh. 

I also stood since I was finished eating too. I offered to wash the dishes but she didn't let me. 

"Why don't you go watch with Jihye. Please look after her too, I'm scared she mig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter