Twilight Dilemma ❁

Ephemeral
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 27:

 


 

 

 

 

 

*.☽.*
My eyes were still closed but I was already half awake when I felt him move closer to me. Changing his position created an asmr-ish sound as he draped an arm around my back as I lay on my stomach. I could just imagine how warm and smooth his skin would be against mine if not for his shirt that I was wearing. How I ended up wearing his clothes, I couldn’t be so sure anymore. Then my mind was slowly taken over by the thoughts of everything that took place inside the four corners of this room right after we got back from the hike yesterday.

My cheeks suddenly felt warm, certain that the pink tinge was already spreading all over my face.

“You seriously need to stop blushing.” His husky and sleepy voice startled me, causing me to immediately open my eyes.

I expected to meet his teasing eyes but they were closed when I looked at him. Speechless, I continued to stare at him until he opened his eyes and met mine for the first time this morning.

I remembered the look in his eyes yesterday when we were standing in the rain or the one he had while he waited for my permission. He gazed at me in ways I had only seen last night. How could I bring myself to stop blushing when even the mere fact of just recalling how his strong hands held me and the way his mouth showered me with kisses just absolutely made me feel things? And by the way, his half- profile next to me wasn’t helping too, his broad chest and shoulders were way too distracting for my poor eyes.

Honestly, it was impossible. It was impossible to stop blushing Baekhyun.

“Or I’d start making love to you again…”

I swallowed.

I held my breath as I did nothing but look back at him. Thankfully, he’s got a soft expression on his face now and I watched how his lips curved into a smirk.

“Right away.”

Gosh, what was he thinking trying to look and sound this hot right now?
Though, I knew for a fact that he wasn’t even trying.

I was a hundred percent sure that I wouldn’t survive if I gaze at him for another second, so I shut my eyes closed and it wasn’t even a surprise what I thought about immediately. Him, still him.

I felt him remove his hand around me, suddenly leaving me feeling disappointed for a brief second until I felt his fingers grazing my cheek.

“Where have you been all my life?” He asked, his fingers tracing my jaw before running them down my neck.

His touch was warm and icy at the same time, it was confusing and soothing all at once and I just didn’t know what to make out of this. I ended up staring at him, unable to say anything.

“And what do I have to do to wake up next to you like this every day?” He added, sounding more like a statement than a question.

“Come here…” He muttered, urging me to move closer.

In just a matter of seconds, I was already inside his arms. My senses instantly filled with everything about him.

This is nice.
Actually no, nice is an understatement.

We were silent for the next few minutes, I even thought that we were both going to fall asleep again but I happen to realize that I was starving. And it just hit me, we hadn’t really eaten anything since yesterday.

“Pancakes?” I muttered unconsciously as I thought of them.

“Hmm?” He murmured, with his eyes still closed.

“Do you want pancakes?” I asked him, this time intentionally, as I sat up, brushing my hair away from my face.

I waited for his response, looking down at him but all he did was open his eyes and stare back at me.

He must be hungry too, I concluded. There was no way he wasn’t starving too. So, I got off the bed and was already at the door when I heard him.

“Where do you think are you going?” He asked.

He was getting off the bed and I was still processing the thought of him, half with gray sweatpants on, walking towards me. His hair sticking out in all directions yet still looked as handsome as ever.

“And what do you think are you wearing?” He asked when he was finally next to me once more bending as he whispered in my ear.

It instantly gave me the shivers. And as if it wasn’t enough, he, without a warning, scooped my legs using his arms, carrying me back to the bed.

“Baekhyun!” I exclaimed in surprise. “What are you doing?” I asked him unbelievably and embarrassed.

I heard him let out a soft laugh.

“You’re so brave getting off the bed wearing my shirt thinking you’d get away this easily.” He continued, a forming smirk almost visible on his lips.

As soon as he let go of me on the bed, he had his hands on either side of my head. I mustered all the courage I have to meet his eyes. I was so aware of the desire in his eyes and the playful smile on his lips made me feel more nervous.
 
“Baekhyun…I’m hungry.” I told him, hoping I’d have the strength to convince him.

He smirked and it was just so unfair how handsome he looked doing it, easily wanting me to give in.

“Me too.” He replied before he dove closer to me.

His lips landed on the spot right behind my right ear, the contact effortlessly making my eyes close. And right when my lips slightly parted so I could take a deep breath, his mouth found its way to mine at that exact moment. His kiss sent me crazy right away, shooting my sanity in all directions, my hands ended up crumpling the sheets.

“Baek…” I uttered when he detached his lips from mine for a brief second. “I’m serious…” I trailed off as I concentrated on his lips giving my earlobe a small bite. “I’m. Really. Hungry.” I added, using every ounce of energy I have left in me.

“Yeah.” He replied as I felt his hand on my stomach, delicately gazing at my skin. “So, am I.” He added, planting a kiss on my chin. 

I knew how inappropriate my argument was in this situation but I was really hungry, I might faint anytime. And I wasn’t even kidding. I immediately remembered the one time he called me at one in the morning, standing and waiting for me outside Auntie’s flower shop…hungry. I didn’t know what to do with this information in my head right now. I wanted to smile as I recalled how he faked his passing out at that time but was nudged back to the present when I felt and heard my own stomach growling.

He stopped what he was doing right away, meeting my eyes.
Embarrassed, I only had the nerve to bite my lower lip.

He chuckled as he climbed off me and lay on the bed right next to me.

“I must have really starved you.”

“I told you I was so hungry,” I replied in a matter of fact tone.

He let out of a small laugh as he brought my entire body on top of him, my hair instantly falling to one side. The minimal distance between our faces and the way he was gazing at me, gave me the butterflies.

“Pancakes it is but…” He trailed off, the corners of his lips turning up letting me know that he was thinking of something silly again. “We’ll finish where we left off right after.”

“Okay, Baekhyun.”

How he got me to agree that easily, wasn’t a surprise after all.
I was really hungry I’d have to agree.

As soon as we were on our feet, I made my way to the door. However, I was only about three steps away from him when I heard him sigh, making me turn to him. He got his hands on his waist, a frustrated look on his face.

“For heaven’s sake baby, cover your legs.” He grumbled. “I would love to eat pancakes but I just might change my mind if you walk around the house looking like that.”

I looked down to check the hem of his black shirt falling mid-thigh. I guess his broad chest wasn’t the only thing that was distracting right now.

“Okay.” I agreed. “But do you mind putting a shirt on too?” I told him. “You’re also VERY DISTRACTING Byun Baekhyun. You and your…” I trailed off as my attention fell on his chest.

He followed my eyes and I saw how a cocky smile made an appearance.

We held each other’s gaze for a couple of seconds before we burst out laughing at the same time.

I was fully convinced of how crazy the two of us were.


*.☽.*

We were in the kitchen. He was now wearing a plain, navy blue shirt on top of his grey sweatpants while I still wear his black shirt but with jeans now.

I was in front of the stove, busy making the pancakes while he sat on the chair next to the counter, his eyes following my every move. Of course, I still get conscious around him but I was also so determined to finish this so we could eat.

From time to time, he’d pull me closer to him just like what he did just right now.

“Baekhyun, I’m not going to get this done if you keep doing this.” I scolded him, making the hand I was using to hold the pancake turner as far as possible.

“What am I doing exactly?” He asked innocently, leaning his head on my shoulder.  

“Uh, flirting with me?”

He let out a soft laugh, his hands never leaving my waist.

“It’s not my fault you’re so irresistible.” He reasoned out.

I hit him with my free hand before I broke free from him so I could go back to what I was doing. I stood in front of the stove once more, flipping the pancakes over on the pan when I felt his hand shoving my hair to one side before I felt his warm lips on my neck.

My gosh, I swear this man. He’s suddenly extra clingy and my poor heart was about to explode any time.
If he only knew how much control I was exerting from holding on to my sanity so I could finish what I was doing.

“Baek…please stop.” I protested.

However, instead of listening to me, he made me turn around so I could face him. He even took the turner from my hand and laid it on the counter. And right before I could even start scolding him again, he made sure I could not make any sound by claiming my lips.

God, I hate him.

I hate how his lips could easily convince me to kiss him back as well as the fact that he just completely taken my mind off the pancakes as I wound my hands around his neck in surrender. And when I did this, he took my legs and circled them around his waist before he took me away from the stove and brought me to the counter. He made me sit, making sure not to break the kiss. As our lips were busy entangling with each other, I felt his hands on my back as he made me lie down.

I would normally panic in a situation like this but for some unexplainable reasons, I was at ease. It felt totally fine lying on the counter right now being all over each other. My hands, having a mind of their own, went to his head, my fingers tugging on his hair.

I was getting breathless, even held my breath a few times when he grazed his hand along my leg. His lips left mine and proceeded to my neck, my mouth slightly parted at the contact. I was sure I was about to drown at how good he was making me feel when...

he stopped.

I even felt him get up, causing me to open my eyes to check what was going on. I at least expected to catch him staring at me but proved me wrong when he wasn’t.

He was in front of the stove and I was a hundred percent certain that he was checking on the pancakes.

Was he serious?

I sighed and I was surprised at how frustrated I seemed to feel. My body felt so bare, lying on the counter when he was now concentrating on the pancakes. I was embarrassed, heat slowly taking over my face. I slowly sat up, fixed my hair and pulled the shirt I was wearing down.

“I never expected you…” I trailed off when he glanced at me, absolutely not knowing what to make out of the look on his face. “To care about the pancakes that much.” I finished my statement, though I didn’t really think it was necessary.

He chuckled as he turned to me once again, a cocky smile on his lips before moving his head sideways.

After a few seconds, he was already placing the pancakes on the plate next to me, because obviously, I was still sitting on the counter.

“You don’t know how hard I had to convince myself to save your pancakes from burning.” He said in a matter of fact tone.

I looked at him, wonder probably written all over my face.

“I mean, you said you’re starving and…” He paused as I saw the corners of his lips turning up. “I don’t want you to pass out on me while…you know, while we’re…”

He was obviously teasing me right now and I hate myself for instantly blushing at his silliness. I wanted to respond by hitting him but he would end up teasing me more so I decided to shrug it off this time. As a matter of fact, I got distracted by the smell of the fresh pancakes, so I immediately got off the counter and sat on the high stool.

I heard him smirk right when I took hold of the fork and took a bite.

“I must have really starved you…” He said grinning before he turned away to get a glass of water and placed it next to the plate.

I watched him sit on the stool next me. However, instead of facing the counter, he was facing me. I was about to ask him if he was going to eat but he suddenly reached for my chair, made me face him before pulling the chair closer to him until my legs were pinned between his.

I stopped eating as I focus my attention on him.

“Eat a lot, baby.” He stated with a subtle but crazy curve on his lips before winking.

Gosh, this man and his thoughts.

I looked away, of course trying to hide the pink tinge on my cheeks. I took another slice and was about to eat it when he suddenly grabbed my hand, stopping me from bringing the food to my mouth. I threw him a puzzled look as I waited for him to make me understand what he was trying to do. Then he let go of my hand and opened his mouth.

He was asking me to feed him and I didn’t know how to fully process this right now. He looked so cute and soft with his mouth open, waiting for me.

Though a bit shy at first, I took the food to his mouth and he started to chew immediately. In fact, it happened a lot of times until we finished all three pieces.

I immediately got up to take the plate to the sink so I could wash them. I turned the facet on and just when the water started to run, I felt his hand on my wrist causing me to instantly shoot him a surprised look. Then he made me face him and pinned my body between his and the sink, his hand still holding my wrist as we both as he bore his eyes into mine.

“Just leave the damn dishes alone.” He told me and there was absolute impatience in his tone.

That specific look on his eyes, again.

I couldn’t utter any word, of course. How could I when I absolutely felt like melting under his gaze right now?

“They don’t need you as much as I do.”

I shivered at his low and slightly raspy voice. And seeing his Adam’s apple move as he swallowed didn’t really help. My free hand tightly gripped on the corner of the sink like my life depended on them or something.

When he finally made a move to get me out of the kitchen, I thankfully was able to reach for the faucet to turn it off.

We were halfway through the living room heading towards the stair

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter