Strawberry Smoothie ❁

Ephemeral
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 25:

 

 

*.☽.*

“I want you to meet her.”

I blinked a couple of times right after he said it. His mother…Byun Baekhyun’s mother was right inside his house. I could slowly feel the nerves taking over me.

My mind started to panic as I avoided his eyes. Somehow, I wanted to at least hide how scared I was at the moment. I could tell that he was waiting for me to say something but I couldn’t even form coherent thoughts right now.

“Hey, Baby...” He uttered, catching my attention right away. “It’ll be fine.”

I swallowed once more as my head automatically moved sideways.

“No.” I finally managed to say before I absent-mindedly removed his arms around me so I could move away. “It’s not.”

I sat, hoping that I could somehow convince myself to relax a bit, but failed when I started to fidget with my fingers. I closed my eyes at how things had ridiculous things turned. First, we were… I gulped, we were just doing our thing and now, in just a span of a few minutes, his Mom was here.

I wasn’t ready for this, heck I haven’t even thought about this far…yet.

I was so engrossed with my rattled thoughts that I had totally forgotten about his presence right next to me and was only made aware of it when I felt his hand tucking my hair behind my ear. The gentleness of his touch made it impossible for me to ignore him, I turned to him. His eyes were on what his hand was doing at first but went to meet my gaze after a few seconds.

“What are you thinking of right now?” He asked, his fingers caressing my earlobe, I guess this was him trying to calm me down.

I took a deep breath, momentarily shutting my eyes closed as I tilt my head down.

“What if she doesn’t like me?” I voiced out before biting my lower lip. “Worse, what if she hates me?” I asked once more, this time turning to him.

He didn’t say anything and just looked back at me instead. He looked so calm right now and I couldn’t overlook the subtle smile on his lips.

“Hate you?” He said, his forehead creased before letting out a chuckle.

Did he just laugh? I was busy processing the thought of how his beautiful-sounding laugh was totally unnecessary right now when he pulled me closer to him, making me sit between his legs.

“How is that even possible?” He asked as buried his face against my neck.

“Baekhyun!” I scolded him as I leaned away from him.

How dare he continued to be this affectionate when I was already panicking big time inside?

“What?” He asked innocently.

“How can you still flirt with me when you have your mom in your house right now?” I was sure my eyes grew wide as I looked at him incredulously.

I also took off his arms around me so I could stand in front of him.

He looked frazzled with how swiftly I just freed myself from him before letting out another chuckle.   

Gosh, did he just laugh again?

“My god, Baek how do you even find this funny?” I asked in a matter-of-fact tone which instantly caught his attention.

“What?” He asked once more.

There was an obvious grin on his handsome face right now.

“Can’t you see how complicated this is right now? I’m in your house...not to mention in these pajamas. She would immediately think I slept here.”

“Okay…what’s so complicated about it?” A puzzled look took over his face.

What? Was he seriously asking me?

“A-are you actually telling me that…” I swallowed as I saw him anticipate my next words. “That your mom is used to seeing some girl in your house this early?”

For a second, he appeared to be taken aback.

Damn, Byun Baekhyun please tell me I was wrong.

Without any words, he continued to stare at me for the next few seconds before looking away, smirking.

“So, is that how you think of me?” I was certain he sounded hurt, the look in his eyes was strong. “And you’re not just some girl, I hope you are very well informed about that.”

I felt guilty. I mean, I didn’t…of course I didn’t mean it that way.

“No.” I sighed as my shoulders slumped. “Of course not Baekhyun,” I added as I dismissed my hesitance to come near him by sitting next to him on the bed once more.

I immediately proceeded to stare at him but he refused to do the same by having his gaze steady on the floor. I was unsure but I lifted both of my hands to cup his face and made him look at me.

“Sorry,” I muttered. “I was just so tensed, I guess I don’t know what I was saying.” I reasoned out and saw his eyes finally on me. “That was totally unnecessary.”

I voluntarily took my hands off his face when he pulled me closer to him to plant a kiss on my temple.

“I’m sorry, the thought of meeting your mom just scares the hell out of me,” I said, pinned next to his body.

“I understand how you must feel right now.” He said when we faced each other once more. “But as I told you, it’ll be fine.” His lips formed into a reassuring smile. “You have nothing to worry about…” He trailed off wet his lips. “She’s not like the mothers you see in the dramas. And if you’re so concerned that she’ll see you in pajamas, you should let it go. I already told her that you’re here because you looked after her sick son last night and that you made me feel so much better.” His smile went bigger.

Sure, I was relieved by what he just said but not totally. I guess I wouldn’t until I finally met her.

“I promise.” He said once more as if he just read my mind. “She’s not the type to hate the ones I love.” He finished his statement with a slight pinch on my chin.  

I blushed at the way he said it.

Gosh.

*.☽.*

Baekhyun left me in the room when I asked him to give me time to at least make myself look presentable. I sprinted to the bathroom with my bag since I brought extra undergarments with me when I left Auntie’s house yesterday. Well, it wasn’t as if I was really thinking that I’d stay with him overnight though. I just mostly do it whenever I have to travel far. I know that sounded really defensive, though.

After washing, I went to the third closet on the left. Since, I couldn’t really meet his mom with the clothes I came with yesterday, because that would just be so unacceptable, I was left with no choice but to wear one of the two dresses inside the closet. I took the light blue one out first. It’s a button-down dress and it’s very pretty. Too pretty she might think that I was making this meeting a big deal, which it really was for me, by the way.

I took the rust-colored one out next. It’s a wrap-around midi dress with very tiny mustard flower patterns. The three-quartered sleeves are styled beautifully in a slight puff. It’s simple but also very pretty, so I instantly decided to go with it.

I just finished putting on light make up before standing in front of his full-body mirror as I examined myself. I paired the dress with my sneakers, which were thankfully white and somehow went along with the dress. I tucked one side of my hair behind my ear before taking one last breath and left.

When I got downstairs, I found the living room empty.  I went to the kitchen but no one was there too so I went back to the living room. I was roaming my attention around wondering where they were when I heard him behind me.

“Hey, Beautiful.”

I turned around and saw him leaning on the wall, his hands inside his pockets, with a cocky smile on his face which somehow faded away when he searched me with his eyes from head to toe.

“How do I look?” I hesitated.

I saw him start to walk towards me.

“Lovely.” He muttered as he stopped in front of me. “My mom will probably think that I’m the luckiest man on earth when she sees you.” This time moving closer, his hands meeting behind my waist.

He sounded like he was kidding so I hit him on the arm.

“I’m serious Baek, isn’t this too much? I don’t have extra clothes with me so I ended up wearing this-”

“I told you, you look lovely. And the dress looks perfect on you just as I have imagined.” He said grinning. “Now, let’s go meet my mom. She’s waiting for you.” He added as he held me by the hand and walked me towards the back door.  

“Wait… where are we-” I was supposed to ask him where we were going but dismissed it when we were finally out of the door.

I had my jaw dropped. I was welcomed by a totally different view. I knew his house was big but I didn’t expect it to be this huge. There was a beautifully designed Backyard patio deck. There were several couches and chairs that made the place seemed like an outdoor living room. There was a huge pine tree in the left corner which offered a great amount of shade. I could see tiny lamps scattered on the corners of the wooden floors and I bet they must look so pretty at night.

As an interior designer, I had a soft spot for this. I continued to roam my gaze around but immediately held my breath when I finally caught sight of his mother, who was already looking at us. She was seated on the couch, with a mug in her hand.  I froze and he must have noticed it because I felt him move closer to me, draping an arm around me. When I turned to him, he gave me a reassuring smile.

As we walked closer to her, I couldn’t help but notice how beautiful she looked. He mentioned that she wasn’t like the mothers in dramas but she looked exactly like one. Her hair was short, probably just about two inches below her ears. One side tucked behind her ear leaving the pearl earring in full display.  Her eyes and lips resembled Baekhyun’s. She was wearing a beautiful white blouse paired with maroon pants. There was no doubt, she’s absolutely a celebrity mom.

“Breathe, baby,” Baekhyun whispered right in my ear.

So yeah, I must have been holding my breath the whole time. And it took every ounce of courage I have to bring myself to meet her eyes. She smiled as she put the mug down on the table in front of her.

“Oh, so you’re the one keeping my son from opening the door right away.” I heard her say with a subtle amusement in her tone.

I blushed, immediately feeling embarrassed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter