Chaos in Seoul ❁

Ephemeral
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13:

 

 

 

 

*.☽.*


I still had my eyes closed but I could already feel the warmth of the struggling sunlight from my bedroom window brushing against my cheeks. I didn't want to open my eyes just yet because I was still so sleepy. I arrived home at around 2:30 in the morning but I kept tossing and turning for a couple of hours more before sleep finally knocked me out.

I was desperate to sleep more so I rolled to the other side of my bed as I hugged a pillow but as soon as I was about to lose consciousness again, I heard my phone beeping. However, I took my time stretching for a few minutes before I sat up to grab my phone from the bedside table. I rubbed my eyes to have a clearer vision to read the message.

Byun:
No Hard Drinks.
9:24 AM

I smiled when I read his message. I could still remember how his eyes widened when I told him about the bar hopping thing with Lizzie last night. He did look pretty displeased.

Byun:
Uh, another thing. Try not to be too pretty.
9:25 AM

The smile on my face even grew even bigger. Right then, I knew I wouldn't be able to fall asleep again.
 

Me:
Thanks. But where’s my good morning?
9:27 AM

Byun:
Good Morning Beautiful. XD
9:28 AM

*.☽.*

Saturday, 2 PM.

Aunt Sunny, Ji Hye, and I were at the flower shop when I finally got the chance to tell them about my trip to Seoul next week. Auntie was a little skeptical about me traveling alone at first but she eventually thought that Seoul was a good idea.

"Just be careful." She reminded me as she looked up from the inventory she was doing. "Do you have a place to stay there?"

"Uh, my friend and I might just book a hotel room, Auntie."

"Okay. I hope you have fun. You've been in this town for several months already. I don't even understand why you don't seem to get bored with all of these."

I let out a soft laugh.

"This town is pretty Auntie."

"This town is boring." Ji Hye said out of nowhere before letting out a frustrated sigh.  

Aunt Sunny and I both looked at Ji Hye who was t the roses on the table.

"What? It's true." Ji Hye reasoned out. "I wish I could go to Seoul with you, Eonnie."

"You already know the answer to that," Auntie stated with her eyebrows raised.  

"I know Mom. That's why I'm so sad." She sounded sad while her lips puckered like a baby's.

"Don't worry Ji Hye, I'll buy you something. What do you want?" I told her to at least make her feel better.

And it was such a wonder how her facial expression quickly transformed from frustration to delight.

"Really Eonnie?!" She even stood, left what she was doing, and walked towards me excitedly.

"Yeah, what do you want?" I replied smiling at her.

"Can you buy Baekhyun's latest album for me?" She was already clinging to my right arm like a kid.

I swallowed before I let out a nervous laugh. Somehow, I was still not used to hearing Baekhyun's name casually like this. Honestly, I think I never would.  

"Pleaaaaase?" She begged and I was pretty sure she was trying her best for her eyes to get me to say yes. "Pweeeeeeaaase?" She added blinking her eyes a few times.  

"Okay, Ji Hye. I'll try my best to look for"

I wasn’t even finished yet when she suddenly shrieked and jumped. Aunt Sunny and I exchanged looks as if that was the most appropriate thing to do at the moment. Then we both burst out laughing.
 

*.☽.*

Lizzie's family event took place on a Monday so she told me that we were meeting on a Tuesday. I left the town early in the morning with Aunt Sunny driving me to the Train Station. The travel was not as complicated as I thought. Though I had some difficulties recognizing the streets, the cab driver was able to smoothly take me to the hotel where Lizzie and I were going to stay.

She was already there the moment I got off the cab. She was shrieking and went all jumpy when she saw me. She was wearing a white lacy crop top showing her y midriff, paired with loose-fitting faded jeans and block-heeled sandals. Her hair was dyed light brown this time, her bangs neatly covered her forehead. She looked glamorous as ever. As I walked towards her and I saw how the smile on her face grew bigger, exposing her perfect teeth.

"Oh gosh! I missed you so much, Hailey!" She beamed as she hugged me tightly.
“I missed you too Liz.” I struggled to reply because she hugged me so tight I couldn’t almost breathe. "But I’m afraid I’m going to die soon if you don't let me breathe," I told her laughing.

"Hey! You're so mean." She snapped when she let go of me.

I just laughed at her.

"You look great Hail. You're glowing. Is this supposed to be Korea's effect on you?” She asked, raising an eyebrow before she continued. “Or is someone responsible for making you glow?"

"You're still as crazy as ever Liz. Why don't you let me come in first?" I said wanting to change the topic immediately.

"Okay, okay but we're not ditching this topic forever. We have three whole days." She agreed as she held my arm as we got inside the hotel.

As expected of Liz, she chose a very expensive Hotel. Our room was on the 15th floor. It was spacious and it has a glass wall view of the city. I had not seen this view for a few months and I somehow missed it.

I was arranging my clothes in the closet when Lizzie shoved me to examine them.

"Are these the only ones you brought with you?" She asked looking at me incredulously.

"Why?"

"Seriously?" She took out a few of my clothes and showed them to me. She was particularly holding a sweater. "Are you going to have fun in these?"

"Liz, I have other clothes with me too." I reasoned out laughing.

"No!" She contradicted. “Na-uh, these are unacceptable. Enough with your hometown clothes.”

"What do you mean?"

"You're going to wear something else. Something y. Something daring. Something flirty-“

"What? No." I protested.

"We're going to go shopping right at this instant. Come on!" She announced ignoring my protest.

"y and daring? And Flirty? No way Elizabeth. I can't wear something like that." I insisted.

Her facial expression suddenly changed. She looked like she kind of figured something out.

"Do you have a boyfriend Park?" She sounded more like assuming instead of just asking.

I almost choked at her question.

"What? That's crazy." I answered quickly as I avoided her eyes by fixing my clothes.

"Oh my gosh, yes you totally have a boyfriend! Look at you, you're strawberry face is giving you away." She gasped as she brought her hands to . "Is this why you won't go back to Australia just yet?"

"Drop it, Liz. That's a crazy thing to say." I tried my best to sound firm.

"Liar. I don't believe you. You have to tell me about him-"

"Fine!" I blurted out.

"Fine, what? Fine, as in you're gonna tell me about your guy?"

Trying to win a conversation like this with Lizzie was impossible. This has got to be one of the hardest things I have to deal with in my life ever. One thing I do know was the fact that I couldn't tell her about Baekhyun. Not even her. Not just yet.

"Fine. As in let's go shopping."

She was left speechless for a brief moment but was thankfully distracted by the thought of shopping the next second.

"Okay, I'm letting you off the hook for now. Only because we’re gonna go shopping."

I sighed out of relief when she finally left me alone. This was going to be a tough time. I have to be careful around her.

Oh god, help me survive this woman.

*.☽.*

1:23 PM.

Unlike me, Lizzie was very good with directions. She even found the way to the famous shopping district in the city where designer stores and boutiques line up. We were in our fourth store already. Lizzie was inside the fitting room and that was the only time I was able to check my phone.

I had three messages from Baekhyun.

Byun:
Hey baby.
11:16 AM

I was slightly panicking, afraid that Lizzie might show up next to me all of a sudden but I still managed to smile because of his message.

Byun:
Where are you? Is everything okay?
12:25 PM

Byun:
Did you get lost or something? Please call me.
1:03 PM

I suddenly felt guilty when I realized that I haven't texted him the moment I arrived. I knew he was worried so I had to tell him that everything was okay. I was about to type in my reply when Lizzie called me. I was so frightened that she would show up right beside me so I hurriedly shoved my phone back inside my purse.

I turned around to find her holding a dress. It was a red mini dress with a deep V neckline. It had long lacy sleeves but the length was absurd and for Pete’s sake, it was so y.

"What? No!!!" I told her with evident firmness in my tone. "I'm not going to go anywhere with that dress!" I swore.

She stared at me for a while before laughing.

"Oh my gosh, chill Hailey. Why are you so tight? I didn't say it's yours."

I bit my lip in embarrassment. Then I told her that the dress was not a good one so she should not even consider buying it. Thankfully, she agreed and saved herself from the dangerously y dress.

We spent almost three hours around the shopping district before we found the dress that she wanted. It was a maroon, knee-leveled, halter dress that she bought for herself. As for me, she made me try on a few y dresses which I had all refused. In the end, I got her to be okay with a black satin, spaghetti-strapped top. It had a V neckline but it wasn’t too revealing because of the lace accent. I also bought a new pair of black high-waist jeans and a pair of red stilettoes Liz insisted on buying.

*.☽.*

It was already around five in the afternoon when we went back to the hotel. However, it was another thirty minutes later when I was finally able to call Baekhyun. Lizzie went to the lobby so I had the whole room to myself, for a few minutes the least.

I was a little bit nervous while I wait for him to answer my call. I also kept on glancing in the doorway, scared that Liz might come in any time. So, I decided to go to the bathroom, locking the door to make sure I was safe from my suspicious friend.

"Baek," I muttered the moment he picked up.

"Hey baby, are you okay? Where are you?" He asked immediately, he sounded concerned. 

I had to pinch my leg to stop myself from giggling because I think I would never get used to him calling me baby.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm at the hotel right now. I'm sorry I couldn't call or even text you earlier. Liz is everywhere I go and I have to be careful around her or she'll end up knowing about us."

I explained and I got a bit worried when I didn't get any reply from him for a few seconds.

Was he mad at me?

"Damn, this is driving me crazy." He said exasperatedly and it instantly got me confused.

"What's wrong? Are you mad at me?"

I heard him sigh before he started to speak once more.

"No.” He paused. “No, of course, I’m not mad at you. It’s just that I already miss you." He trailed off. "And to think that we're both in Seoul right now but couldn't be together...damn." He added, his voice toned with frustration. “This is nuts.”

My heart almost sank because of what he just said. I felt the same way but I knew I shouldn't make it too obvious or else he would feel worse about the situation.

"Let's just try to think of a way, okay? I will be here for a few days anyway." I told him hoping to lighten the mood. "I'm pretty sure we could come up with something, right?"

"You’re right. There has got to be a way. I’m going to come to see you no matter what it takes."

I was thankful he agreed.

"I miss you too." I blurted out before I could even stop myself because hearing his voice was slowly melting my composure.

He chuckled.

"You know you couldn't possibly miss me more than I miss you, right? You’ll lose, I swear."

I was laughing at his remark when I heard Liz come in.

"Oh, Liz is here. I gotta go, I’m sorry. I’ll make it up to you, I promise.” I told him honestly feeling sorry about hanging up this soon.

“Really?” I could imagine him with a naughty smile on his face as he said it.

“Baekhyun!” I whined in a very low voice.

I struggled not to laugh, afraid to make any noise but he burst out laughing from the other line. I was so sure that his eyes formed into crescents right at that moment with his nose scrunching in the process too. Oh, how I love the sight of him laughing.

"Just be safe. Okay?" He said when he stopped laughing.

"Yes sir," I replied smiling as I ended the call as soon as possible because Liz started knocking on the bathroom door.

 

*.☽.*

11:15 PM

Liz and I were standing at the entrance of a bar named “In Between Nights and Music”. This was our second bar for tonight. She didn’t like the first one because according to her, it was too wild. So, we only stayed there for about an hour. This one was a high-class bar based on the exterior. Two big guys were guarding the entrance. And right where we were standing, I could already hear the music and I could imagine how loud it would be inside. I wanted to back out but of course, Liz wouldn’t let me do that.

It wasn’t my first time to be in a place like this because Liz dragged me a few times to these places back in Australia when we were in the University. I didn’t like drinking because of my low alcohol tolerance so hard drinks were never an option for me.

When we got in, I noticed that the place was really big. There were two floors. The dance floor occupied a huge space in the middle on the first floor which I must note was already quite crowded. The fancy-looking bar counter was located on the right with the Dj booth nestling on the other side. There were two small stairways on both sides leading to the second floor which was all filled with VIP lounges. The lighting was pretty good too. The interior of the club was really good.  

“Oh, this is so cool! I should commend the interior designer of this place.” Liz exclaimed as she admired the place. “Right?”

“I guess?” I answered and she might have instantly read my mind.

“Hail, let’s have fun okay? Loosen up.” She stated. “Look at you, you’re very pretty tonight. Guys would for sure die to buy you a drink or dance with you.”

Just the thought of it made me cringe.

“I hope no one would.” I contradicted.

“Oh my god, you’re so annoying. Shut up.” She replied rolling her eyes at me.  

I laughed at her reaction.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter