Chapter One

Reincarnation: Unavoidable Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Ha Neul’s POV
Today was a difficult day, I woke up, dressed up, took the subway, entered my office and as always got yelled at for who knows what… and then here sitting on my chair fixing my boss's files for the next article.
As much as I would like to, I was not allowed to publish my own article yet… I was just working on small articles searching for information for one of my senior colleagues. Life is unfair you know. It has always been like that. But one day I know I’d get to publish my own article. It has always been a dream of mine and I was planning to make it come true. “Mrs. Man, come to my office right now” I heard my boss’s voice calling me. I got up from my chair and went with a folder to his office. “Yes Mr. Min” I smiled at him. He showed me the seat in front of him, telling me to sit there. I did as he gestured me to. I stared at him waiting for him to speak.
It must be something serious since he called me to his office. “You’ve been under my care for a while now, I think it’s about time to publish your own article, what do you say?” My first article… did I hear it well? He just said my first article! I want to squeal right now… but it’s not appropriate. “Tell me Mr. Min. I can do it” he nodded his head. “I know you can do it. That’s why I’m letting you” he paused staring at some papers and then continued with a smile “This article is about dancing. All kid of dances, it’s something to inspire young people.” I nodded my head. “So what kind of dance should I write first?” he shrugged “This is up to you, don’t ask me. It’s supposed to be your article so you’ll start with whatever you want” I nodded my head a bit hesitantly, I mean… this is the first article that I’m supposed to write, how can he not help me at all? Well, how am I going to learn after all?
It’s ok, don’t complain Ha Neul, this is your first article. “Thank you Mr. Min” I bowed and gave him my fake smile. “You can go now” I left his office, heading back to my desk. I’m so excited about this. I stared at the theme, thinking of what should I start with.
Inhaling and exhaling, I hoped any kind of idea would pop in my mind, but none at all... Suddenly the door to Mr. Min’s office opened, he came out and smiled at all of us. “Today we can leave earlier” I stared at the time on my phone, there is still one hour of work left… oh well.
I got up, along with some of my co-workers and we headed outside “Ha Neul!” I turned around to find my younger co-worker calling me. Despite him being younger than me, he is one of the best article writers in our department. “Hong Gil” he smiled at me “Where are you going?” “Of course it’s my home” he stared at the time. “Do you want to come with me instead? Let’s go and hang out together” I shook my head “Not today Hong Gil, I just got my first article so I want to spend my time thinking of it. I have to make it awesome you know” he pouted, pulling that aegyo trick “Next time ok?” he nodded his head “Then see you on Monday” I nodded my head “See you Hong Gil” he left along with some other co-workers, while I just headed to the subway station. This is my way of transporting. I do have a car but I refrain from using it, well it’s not that useful.
Then again if I think of it, it’s kinda my fault… I couldn’t get the license at once and it’s still a catastrophe when I do drive. They really shouldn’t let dangerous people behind a wheel. The subway finally arrived, so I just got in, sitting on the back. I wonder, why it is so empty today? We’re only five people inside.
A granny, who was sitting on the front, holding a box, probably full of rice cakes! I want to eat some too… the smell is so strong. I’m so hungry honestly, I hadn’t had anything since morning. On the other hand you have our usual, high school couple. The tall boy was holding the hand of that cute little girl. She seems so shy with her flushed red cheeks, while he is just confident about what he is doing. And then a man just standing up, although there are so many empty seats, he chose to stand up. He was wearing a grey shirt with black jeans, and the black hoodie from his long jacket was covering his face.
I don’t want to judge people like this, but someone would say he is a thief or a killer… Even if I can’t really see his eyes, his lips are beautiful, his figure is beautiful too. A handsome man indeed! I wonder when I’ll find him… The subway stopped, so I got up and went out. The boy went out as well but walked in front of me. The way he walks is so mysterious… yet so familiar.
Damn Ha Neul, don’t think of it. Let’s just go home. I shook my head, putting on my headphones and my hands on my coat’s pockets walking to my home. I finally got there and I immediately changed to my clothes. I went inside the kitchen and took some seaweed soup my mom brought me the other day. It was dad’s birthday so we just had to celebrate it.
My father… he d
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter