The End

Little Do You Know

Little do you know, How I’m breaking while you fall asleep
Little do you know, I’m still haunted by the memory
Little do you know, I’m trying to pick myself up piece by piece
Little do you know,I need a little more time

 

Flashback: Trainee Days (2 months after Chaeyoung started her training in YGE)

 

Jennie's POV

 

 

"Chaeyoung-ah, you sang a Jason Mraz song as your audition peace right?" I asked the girl who's lying beside me.

 

She nodded looking at the night sky "Yes, unnie."

 

"I want to hear it." I said making her suddenly look at me.

 

"Why so unnie?" she asked looking at me.

 

"I haven't seen you perform that song so I want to hear it." I said sitting up.

 

Chaeyoung sat up "Sure" she grabbed her guitar and placed it on her lap "Just a warning though, it's been so long since I last played this so I might have forgotten some lyrics or chords."

 

"It's not a problem to me Chaeng." I smiled reassuring her.

 

"Okay then." She said positioning her fingers on the frets creating a G chord.

 

 

Chaeyoung and I are currently at the garden of my parents' house stargazing. All trainees were given a week off before our monthly evaluation starts to prepare ourselves from the stress and the pressure. I brought Chaeyoung here at my parents' house because she has nowhere to go to since her family's in Australia.

 

 

She started plucking her guitar doing the song's intro. A couple more plucks and strums, she looked at me and started singing.

 

 

 

When I look into your eyes

It's like watching the night sky

Or a beautiful sunrise

Well, there's so much they hold

 

 

As I was watching her, I realized how amazing Chaeyoung is. She's a very talented girl full of passion and dedication who is willing to do everything to reach her dreams.

 

 

And just like them old stars

I see that you've come so far

To be right where you are

How old is your soul?

 

I give my full attention to the girl singing in front of me not trying to miss out each of her every move like how she delicately plucks and strums her guitar creating a very soulful sound; how her voice fits perfectly to the song; like how she managed to take me to a different world just by looking into her poetic eyes; how beautiful the words are leaving her lips; and how she perfected every chord despite saying that she hasn't played the song for ages. Everything about her makes me admire her even more.

 

 

Well, I won't give up on us

Even if the skies get rough

I'm giving you all my love

I'm still looking up

 

 

The whole time Chaeyoung was singing, her eyes never left my eyes. She's looking at me as if I'm the most precious gem that might break anytime soon if not taken care of.

 

 

And when you're needing your space

To do some navigating

I'll be here patiently waiting

To see what you find

 

 

I don't know how to explain this but she's making me feel things; things that I'm not familiar of. I'm not sure what it is but I feel like I am safe with these feelings she's making me feel. She's my safe haven.

 

 

Cause even the stars they burn

Some even fall to the earth

We've got a lot to learn

God knows we're worth it

No, I won't give up

 

 

I sometimes wonder if she's an angel who was sent here on earth for a mission to tame a girl.Luckily that girl is me because in all honesty, I wasn't as calm as I am now before. I am this girl who easily gets annoyed, who's very moody and is very unapproachable but when I met her, I feel like I changed. She makes me calm and peaceful and to be honest, she's the only one who can do this.

 

 

After a couple more lines, Chaeyoung ended the song a strum. I smiled and clapped my hands making her cover her face with her hands.

 

"Now I know why you beat those other 699 who auditioned." I said smiling widely.

 

"Why?"

 

"Because you are amazing Chaeng. You're still a trainee but you are already this amazing. It's like you already captured my heart with your voice." I said making her look at me with shock.

 

'Did I say something wrong?' I asked looking at her with confusion.

 

 

After a good minute of not talking and just staring at each other, I broke the silence.

 

"Why don't we take a photo of us Chaeng? Let's make this night as one of our memorable dates." I smiled getting my phone from my hooded jacket.

 

"M-memorable dates?" she asked.

 

I look at her and smiled "Of course! We'll have more dates in the future and we'll count this night as one of those." I clicked the camera icon and switched it to front cam "Come here closer, Chaeng." She moved closer to me and put her arms around my shoulders and smiled.

 

After taking several shots, I scanned the photos and was surprised for what I saw "Wow"

 

Chaeyoung curiously peeked through my phone "What?"

 

"Look how cool you look Chaeng! I am wrapped around your arms like a husband to his wife." I said enthusiastically.

 

"Ah really?"

 

"Uhuh. You're like my husband Chaeng." I said laughing. "Right! You're my hubby and I am your wifey."

 

"M-my wifey?" she stuttered.

 

"Yes! From now on, you are my hubby and I am your wifey. Okay?" I said showing my gummy smile.

 

"Uhm okay."

 

 

I don't know if it's just me or I really saw her blush.

 

 

"Anyways, I really had fun tonight. Even though we're just at my mom's garden, this night still turned out great and romantic. Thanks for coming here with me and for singing for me hubby. I will never forget this night." I said as I leaned my head on her shoulder looking up the sky.

 

"Thanks for bringing me here too, wifey. I don't really know what I would do if it's not because of you. You made me forget about the stress and pressure I'm feeling in some way." she said planting a soft kiss on my head.

 

 

Chaeyoung and I spent the whole night watching the stars, laughing, talking about our future and of course, the night wouldn't be completed without a few teasing.

 

 

If what I am feeling tonight will remain tomorrow then I wish it won't affect anything between us.

 

 

Present.

 

Jennie and Chaeyoung were sitting quietly in the younger girl’s bedroom. Chaeyoung, who had just stopped crying was softly strumming her guitar while Jennie observed her, Watching the other girl took Jennie back to her trainee days when Chaeyoung used to play the guitar for her.

 

“You know, every time you sing me a song on your guitar, it gives me butterflies.”

 

Chaeyoung looked up to meet Jennie’s eyes for the first time since she had stopped crying

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes. It’s like you wrote that song for me. It feels like a lot more than you just covering a song. It feels like you serenading me, and I love that. You make me feel very special”

 

Chaeyoung smiled softly

 

“Let me sing you something then” and with that the younger girl started strumming her guitar “This was the very first song I ever sang to you. The day you made me your hubby”

 

And with that Chaeyoung effortlessly started singing I won’t give up by Jason Marz.

 

Jennie watched closely. It had indeed been years since Chaeyoung had sung the song and it was a lot different now. Her voice was more stable and smooth, she sounded more confident and hit each note skillfully. But what mattered more to Jennie, what she had always loved about Chaeyoung’s singing, was the emotion. Jennie could feel tears pooling into her eyes as Chaeyoung sang I won’t give up on us holding back her own tears. The song spoke to them and gave Jennie flashbacks of all the times Chaeyoung had ever sang to her, it took her back to all their dates, it took her back to feeling protected and loved in Chaeyoung’s arms as the butterflies re-emerged.

 

  When Chaeyoung finished with a sad smile Jennie didn’t clap or cheer like she usually did, she sat frozen for a second after which she scooted closer and placed her hands softly on Rosé’s shoulder

 

“Are you still upset about Sana”

 

“A little yes” Chaeyoung admitted sadly “I mean I always knew it would end that way but still. I had hoped it would have lasted longer”

 

Jennie looked at her longingly “Did you love her”

 

Rosé shook her head “No.”

 

“I thought you didn’t ever want to date anyone unless you loved them”

 

Rosé stayed silent for a while not knowing how to respond

 

“People do crazy things when they are in love. People also do crazy things when they are heartbroken”

 

This hit Jennie. She scooted even closer to Rosé and placed her head on the younger girl’s shoulder

 

“Do you still love me?”

 

Silence for a while again

 

“I do” Rosé said immediately looking away to hide her tears, but Jennie gently cupped her cheeks to face her

 

“Hubby, if I ask you to do something for me? Will you do it?”

 

Rosé didn’t hold back anymore

 

“I’ll do anything for you Jennie”

 

“If I ask you to wait for me, will you wait?”

 

Rosé nodded

 

“I will. I will wait as long as you need me to”

 

With that Jennie leaned closer and captured the younger girl’s lips in her. The kiss was softer and slower than their first one. Rosé wrapped her arm around Jennie’s waist as the kiss deepened. Their tongues exploring every flavor of the other’s mouth as their hands gently tangled with each other. It was sweet and gentle, just how Rosé had always imagined kissing Jennie would be.

 

 As their lips parted for air Jennie placed her forehead against Chaeyoung’s, a sweet smile on both their lips, their eyes closed, their hands still tangled

 

“I love you” Jennie said, Chaeyoung’s eyes fluttered open and she looked at the brunette. Jennie’s gummy smile melted her heart “I really love you Park Chaeyoung.”

 

This was the happiest Rosé had felt in her whole life as Jennie sat on her lap with her arms around Chaeyoung’s neck and her head resting on her shoulder. Rosé wrapped her arms around tightly around Jennie and kissed her forehead.

 

“I love you too Jennie Kim. I always have and I always will and I will wait as long as you want me to before I can proudly claim you as my girlfriend.”

 

Jennie smiled brightly then leaned in once again and kissed Rosé. Both of them smiled through the kiss as the sun set behind them and the birds chirped for their loved ones to return before it became dark. Yep, Jennie and Rosé were finally home.